The problem is back, i.e. constant stuttering.

hawa0835

I recently upgraded my GPU to a 7900 XTX, I play solely in VR and was absolutely apalled by the performance. After extensive testing I found out that setting Clouds to Standard brought back my performance. I don't know what they did with the update, before I was able to run clouds at Ultra and have no stuttering issues (only a lower stable framerate). Now the gameplay looks like a slideshow when I set the clouds to Ultra.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI X570 Tomahawk, 32GB G.Skill F4-3600C15D @ 3866C14, ASRock Taichi 7900XTX, HP Reverb G2, VPC WarBRD-D & Thrustmaster F16 Viper & F18 Super Hornet, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle.

Try using single core exe . Seems to be better than MT . 

Jabbers did a good video on single core and mt . 

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

Kon, how do we know when we are using Single Core or Multi Core? I just updated my stable version and its unflyable with stuttering all the time. Trackir is no use. All I have done is start DCS as usual and kept the same settings as before. If I use GUI updater, can I revert back to last update for stable version? It was running so smooth before.

I have gone on about this for a long time regarding too much too soon. This is a fantastic sim and it needs sorting out before anything else. Such a shame.

Thanks Akula

Will take a look shortly. I will try some lower settings and see if it helps. If not, then will look at reverting to my last update before this.

Was going to hookup and do a couple of missions. Forget It !!

Ive found the last working update to my stable version :- 2.8.7.42718

How easy is it to rollback?

Edited by tmansteve

4 hours ago, tmansteve said:

Thanks Akula

Will take a look shortly. I will try some lower settings and see if it helps. If not, then will look at reverting to my last update before this.

Was going to hookup and do a couple of missions. Forget It !!

Ive found the last working update to my stable version :- 2.8.7.42718

How easy is it to rollback?

Have you looked into this?

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/339067-observation-dcs-mt-is-less-cpu-intensive-after-a-forced-restart/?do=getNewComment

Sorry I don't know how to properly use links.

Edited by Hammer3246

13900KF NVD4090 32RAM G2

8 minutes ago, tmansteve said:

Hey Hammer

Are you saying a forced restart makes the stuttering go away? Went to the link and it didn't really answer the problem. All I need to know is how to run it without Multi Threading enabled.

I go back to the main menu. I go into graphics settings.  I toggle the Fullscreen checkbox (as mentioned above, it does not matter what setting I toggle and which value it is set to. The only thing that matters is that it triggers a DCS restart).

thats from the OP original post.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

42 minutes ago, tmansteve said:

Hey Hammer

Are you saying a forced restart makes the stuttering go away? Went to the link and it didn't really answer the problem. All I need to know is how to run it without Multi Threading enabled.

Hi, tmansteve

If you're just interested in not using MT don't worry about it.

Edited by Hammer3246

13900KF NVD4090 32RAM G2

1 hour ago, tmansteve said:

Many thanks guys. I think I've sorted it out. Was using the original Updater.exe and signing in. Changed to the DCS.exe and no more MT. I will check this out in multiplay when Bro comes online.

Vakari, you gave me the hint

I realize this won't likely matter to you anymore, but just FYI, in one of the last updates they changed the updater.exe from pointing at ST to pointing to MT.  Practically what this means is that while using the "default" desktop shortcut used to default to ST, it now defaults to MT.  That's why you saw the change and why you now need to start with the DCS.exe if you don't want MT (used to be you had to use the game MT exe rather than the default shortcut to get MT)

Thanks Rob for your input

It clicked a couple hours ago. I just wished it had been made clear in the update. Im just glad I can fly again. The thing that gets me is the fact you can have a powerful graphics card and still have problems. Will look at upgrading GPU when all of this has been ironed out.

Cheers

Yes just use exe drag shortcut too desktop. Forget MT . It's bugged . Something not right with loading objects taking up lots of memory. 

Multiplayer servers are crashing and stuttering if load too much . Few months back a 100 players on one server now crash at 40 players. 

Edited by KoN

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

7 hours ago, KoN said:

Yes just use exe drag shortcut too desktop. Forget MT . It's bugged . Something not right with loading objects taking up lots of memory. 

Multiplayer servers are crashing and stuttering if load too much . Few months back a 100 players on one server now crash at 40 players. 

It's the same in SP. The first 2.9 was smooth. Now almost unplayable😟

• Like 1

It's unbearable, the flickering and random lagging is maddening. I can't even fly in the strike eagle, every time the screen flashes the lagging and freezing starts. Everything was running fairly smooth before the 2.9 update. I tried to fly a night mission, every time the white screen flash happened. I felt like I had a flash bang exploding in front of me.

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

On 12/4/2023 at 8:07 AM, smire666 said:

It's the same in SP. The first 2.9 was smooth. Now almost unplayable😟

Yes my VR fps have dropped to 23fps were before I had solid 36fps stable and smooth no motion sickness.

Now motion sickness it back. 😳

5 hours ago, rwbishUP said:

It's unbearable, the flickering and random lagging is maddening. I can't even fly in the strike eagle, every time the screen flashes the lagging and freezing starts. Everything was running fairly smooth before the 2.9 update. I tried to fly a night mission, every time the white screen flash happened. I felt like I had a flash bang exploding in front of me.

Lol 😂 have you ever had a flash bag go off in front of you . 

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

@KoN

Just know, they work as both a stun tool & an instant laxative 💩

• Like 1

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

Can you try this? Only works in MT version 

I'm on AMD CPU (5800X3D) but it looks like it also helped my case.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI X570 Tomahawk, 32GB G.Skill F4-3600C15D @ 3866C14, ASRock Taichi 7900XTX, HP Reverb G2, VPC WarBRD-D & Thrustmaster F16 Viper & F18 Super Hornet, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle.