black screen intermittently

mla306

Hi, I'm on the stable version of 2.9 and I am getting a black screen almost every time I click something (to go into instant action, mission, campaign) but also get black screens popping up in the mission (just for a couple seconds then it clears).  I also get a black screen every time a mission is loading, I don't see the scroll bar as the mission loads anymore, I just end up sitting in the cockpit when the screen finally clears.  I have tried adjusting my settings with no luck.  I have DLSS enabled, I have turned clouds down to high, performance is set to balanced (was originally quality).  I have played with all the settings that others like Spudknocker and Jabber have talked about in their videos.  Not sure what else to try and it's almost impossible to play (black screen always seems to pop up at the worst possible time)!  I have a fairly new computer (i9, 3080 ti card).

Any thoughts?

4 hours ago, mla306 said:

I solved it.  If it helps anyone else, don't install Nvidia drivers manually!  I used the console this time to update the drivers and it fixed the issue.

3 hours ago, Flappie said:

Thanks for your feedback. What do you call the console?

i believe he means the GEFORCE Experience 😉 new update today too.

• Thanks 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

On 12/12/2023 at 2:26 PM, mla306 said:

I solved it.  If it helps anyone else, don't install Nvidia drivers manually!  I used the console this time to update the drivers and it fixed the issue.

So, you're saying to make sure and use Nvidia Gforce Experience app to apply updates for the GPU?

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

Unless Win11 handles driver updates differently than Win10, I'd avoid GFExperience like a plague. Always preferred manual method in 10 but hey - if GFE works for OP, it works. Problem has been solved and that's the most important thing.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.