WinXP,Vista,Win7 FPS Test Results=

Fakum

Would be interesting to test the 64bit executable against the 32bit-version. In many cases 64bit runs slower, due to hardware and driver incompatibilities, but for a CPU and memory intensive application like BS, this may look quite different, than for an FPShooter.

On my PC with 8GB BS is already able to use 4GB. Works great, if you increase preloaded ranges even though BS is not built to use it.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Apologies for continuing off topic,

. . . But the unable to use maintanance commands are defintely a huge problem. Anyone else have these issues?

I experienced this as well after re-installing Black Shark following a drive failure.

Go to your windows control panel and look for keyboard or other software to program the keyboard. Make sure your Left windows, right windows and/or other modifiers haven't been disabled. I also have problems programming the right shift key, but have found workarounds.

I'm running Vista, so I don't know the exact interface, but in vista, those keys can be re-enabled by going to keyboard --> then keyboard properties.

I havnt considered the testing of 32 vs 64, I am running benchmarks on Vista 64 and Win7 64,,, you bring an intersting point to the table.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

My raw data is posted in the 1st thread

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

• 3 weeks later...

I really, really , really tried my best to not come off as rude, that did not seem to fair well. Will it be better for you if I moved my post over to a trouble shooting thread so you can solicit for trouble shooting answers in a non relevant post?

I really, really , really tried my best to not come off as rude, that did not seem to fair well. Will it be better for you if I moved my post over to a trouble shooting thread so you can solicit for trouble shooting answers in a non relevant post?

I am sorry, I totally forgot about you asking me to stop posting in this this thread.. really, I forgot :doh:.. must have been another thread I was looking for..

Edited by Ramstein

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

• 1 month later...

Vista/Windows7 (x64)

I fly a lot of FSX

windows 7 handles FSX way better

better FPS, better memory use, less network problems, better crash recovery

so Win7 might only seem to slightly improve BS

but its the better OS

its allmost Lunix

(they wish)

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Great Job

I am getting about the same frame rates with Win7 64bit ultimate build 7100

Although I had no problems loading the 186.18 Version nvidia drivers for my BFG 9800 GT OC 1Gig card.

I get upwards of 40 fps chase view and around 30-38 cockpit view. very smooth.

Good thread for sure.

Not to burst anyone bubble, but besides FPS, there is game play, ok the tweak affinity goes a long way. But at least Xp users have the Span view to extend your desktop allowing usability to use a 2nd monitor without much hassle (compared to vista) and of course no sound bug issues… No matter the results, Xp remains a very solid OS as a gamming platform IMO with less stress for the average user that wants to game…

But nevertheless a good thread, thanks all for your input, was a good reading…

Cheers

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

I have a thread for XP vs Vista, benchmarks were pretty solid for Vista. Frame rates were double with Vista, therfore smoother. I started this thread to benchmark between Vista and W7 RC. My initial posts are noted. I will soon post my results for Vista vs W7 RC with the use of dual monitors. I will say this. With the use of a 2nd monitor for the Shkval and ABRIS, most reports were that folks suffered a significant frame rate loss compared to the normal configuration of a single monitor. I found this VERY true with Vista, but much to my surprise, W7 RC had very little frame rate drop between a single monitor and the dual monitor setup, it held steady and smooth. I found XP great for everyday use, and solid,,, as far as using it for BS and especially dual monitor,,, XP cant compare to Vista or W7 for FPS and smooth play. If you like XP for BS, you wont believe the improvement compared to even just Vista.