F-14: eject! eject! eject!

scommander2

Hi,

I am not sure why I can't eject myself from F14 while get shot by my enemy in either instant action or MP since DCS 2.9 is it because my canopy goes dark (I died completely) every time?

I recalled that DCS 2.8 never made my canopy dark always so I could eject myself.

Thanks.

Dell XPS 9730, i9-13900H, DDR5 64GB, Discrete GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080, 1+2TB M.2 SSD, TM HOTAS Warthog/TPR, TKIR5/TrackClipPro, Win 11 Pro

Same problem here, at first I thought it was because Voice Attack was refusing to work but later I found the key bind was also not working as well. 1 remark on this issue in MP let to somewhat of a friendship with someone from the other side of the Big Pond though.,

AMD Ryzen 5600G, RX7900 XTX, 48GB 27" 1440P monitor and Oculus Quest 2. WinWing Orion 2 w/ FA18 throttle, VKB Gladiator EVO w/ F14 grip, Logitech G rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, WinWing MFD and Voice Attack.

Planes: F14A/B Tomcat, mostly the B, F/A 18 C Hornet

Modules/ maps: Super carrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

I would say it's instant death Everytime .

I've been flying the cat all week and every time I get hit I'm dead .

There is no damage or time to eject ,  just death .

But if you fly F18 your get hit by same type of missile yet be able to eject through damage airframe . 

Yet another bug To be fixed . 

• Like 1

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

That is weird, I have the exact opposite. A kill in the Hornet is pretty much all the time instant death, even when crashlanding on a tanker, except for maybe 1 gunkill. In the Tomcat I survive almost every munition hitting my plane, with the ejection seat not responding being responsible for most of my deaths in the Tomcat.

AMD Ryzen 5600G, RX7900 XTX, 48GB 27" 1440P monitor and Oculus Quest 2. WinWing Orion 2 w/ FA18 throttle, VKB Gladiator EVO w/ F14 grip, Logitech G rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, WinWing MFD and Voice Attack.

Planes: F14A/B Tomcat, mostly the B, F/A 18 C Hornet

Modules/ maps: Super carrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

The pilot wasn't killable before, which we fixed. ATM he is a bit too killable if you get hit in the front area of the aircraft. For example, you shouldn't die from taking an r60 to the rear, etc.

We will improve the pilot's hitboxes in the future. But yes, you can now die and get incapacitated much more easily.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• 3 months later...

I found that I am usually able to hop into the back seat and at least get Jester out alive. Even if the front seater is blacked out "dead". Doesn't seem that ejecting as jester pops the front seater though, sadly he goes down with the ship. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lukehouse356 said:

I found that I am usually able to hop into the back seat and at least get Jester out alive. Even if the front seater is blacked out "dead". Doesn't seem that ejecting as jester pops the front seater though, sadly he goes down with the ship. 

Wether the backseater fires only his own or both seats can be set up afaik. Don't ask me how though.

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

On 3/26/2024 at 7:16 AM, lukehouse356 said:

Even if the front seater is blacked out "dead".

Thanks... I will give it a try.

Dell XPS 9730, i9-13900H, DDR5 64GB, Discrete GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080, 1+2TB M.2 SSD, TM HOTAS Warthog/TPR, TKIR5/TrackClipPro, Win 11 Pro

And here I was thinking I simply had bad luck 100% of the time

• Intel I5 13600k / AsRock Z790 Steel Legend / Gigabyte RTX3060ti OC 8Gb / Kingston Fury DDR5 5600 64Gb / Adata 960 Max / HP Reverb G2 v2
  • Virpil MT50 Mongoost T50cm Stick, T50 Throttle,  ACE Interceptor Rudder Pedals / WinWing Orion2  18, 18 UFC&HUD / Thrustmaster MFD Cougar / Logitech Flight Panel / VKB SEM V  / DIY Button Box

image.png