MICRO STUTTERING DCS 2.9

Go to solution Solved by Insonia,

hace 14 horas, TOViper dijo:

grafik.png

Virtual memory (I am using my M2 drive, since its VERY fast):

grafik.png

Thanks sir!!

PC SPECS: 

CPU: Intel i7 11700KF @ 3,6 GHz | MB: MSI MAG B560 MORTAR | GPU: MSI RTX4060Ti GAMING X 8GB DDR6 | MEMORY: Kingston FURY Beast DDR4 3200 MHz 2x32 GB | HD DCS: Samsung 980 Pro SSD 1TB NVMe M.2 | HD O/S: Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB NVMe M.2 | OS: Windows 11 | BIOS PROFILE: XMP1 | Monitors setup: Triple screens LG 22MP57VQ 60Hz | TRACKIR: Naturalpoint 5

On 1/1/2024 at 5:42 PM, TOViper said:

grafik.png

wow. i never knew this. but i do not have any issues with my system. doesn't the power scheme settings already do this? mine is ultimate. but this is just for graphics. ncp has a setting too.

• Like 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

I haven’t microstuttering anymore.

My spec:

msi x670e carbon

amd ryzen 9 7950×3d

gskill 32×2 6000mhz DDR5

msi GeForce ventus 12gb

SO win 11 pro ssd nvme 500gb Pcie 5

DCS  OB ssd nvme 1TB Pcie 5

Edited by clafly

Posted (edited)
hace 11 horas, clafly dijo:

I haven’t microstuttering anymore.

My spec:

msi x670e carbon

amd ryzen 9 7950×3d

gskill 32×2 6000mhz DDR5

msi GeForce ventus 12gb

SO win 11 pro ssd nvme 500gb

DCS  ssd nvme 1TB

Ok, and that's thanks to, do you think?

Thanks for sharing

Me still small in and out stutterings, very much fewer than previous of SO fixing but still very random for me. Still making tests with DCS settings trying to understand. For now for me it seems that DLSS is on of the majors issues worsening the stuttering.

Edited by lovethewayoumove

PC SPECS: 

CPU: Intel i7 11700KF @ 3,6 GHz | MB: MSI MAG B560 MORTAR | GPU: MSI RTX4060Ti GAMING X 8GB DDR6 | MEMORY: Kingston FURY Beast DDR4 3200 MHz 2x32 GB | HD DCS: Samsung 980 Pro SSD 1TB NVMe M.2 | HD O/S: Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB NVMe M.2 | OS: Windows 11 | BIOS PROFILE: XMP1 | Monitors setup: Triple screens LG 22MP57VQ 60Hz | TRACKIR: Naturalpoint 5

11 ore fa, lovethewayoumove ha scritto:

Ok, and that's thanks to, do you think?

Thanks for sharing

Me still small in and out stutterings, very much fewer than previous of SO fixing but still very random for me. Still making tests with DCS settings trying to understand. For now for me it seems that DLSS is on of the majors issues worsening the stuttering.

My system options.
With this I’ve not stuttering. From the NVIDIA panel I’ve everything deactivated or controller by application. 

DCS affinity for all cpu.

And cpu performance always at 100%

I’ve limit fps at 60.

No vsync 

MSI Bios in “game mode” 

IMG_3817.jpeg

IMG_3818.jpeg

En 5/1/2024 a las 11:46, clafly dijo:

My system options.
With this I’ve not stuttering. From the NVIDIA panel I’ve everything deactivated or controller by application. 

DCS affinity for all cpu.

And cpu performance always at 100%

I’ve limit fps at 60.

No vsync 

MSI Bios in “game mode” 

IMG_3817.jpeg

IMG_3818.jpeg

Ok Thank you. I'l,l try it

En 5/1/2024 a las 11:55, clafly dijo:

If I lower the limit from 60, the stuttering reappers.

If I increase above 60, it reappers little  

It's super strange, and completly random how to someone something could be affecting and to others not.

Le'ts hope ED will find a solution soon.

For me still random few stutters, much more pronunciated when flying above complex terrains (nevada, sinai etc etc) 

PC SPECS: 

16 hours ago, lovethewayoumove said:

Ok Thank you. I'l,l try it

It's super strange, and completly random how to someone something could be affecting and to others not.

Le'ts hope ED will find a solution soon.

For me still random few stutters, much more pronunciated when flying above complex terrains (nevada, sinai etc etc) 

Did you try the solution that worked for me?

Device  Manager | Software devices | Microsoft Device Association Root Enumerator (Right-click and Disable). This driver is only needed for really old hardware and can be re-enabled at any time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

*************  Tranzit  *************
i7-13700F | 32GB RAM | SSD | 4070ti
******  DCS since July 2011  ********

hace 8 horas, Tranzit dijo:

Device  Manager | Software devices | Microsoft Device Association Root Enumerator (Right-click and Disable). This driver is only needed for really old hardware and can be re-enabled at any time.

Yes I've also disabled the Microsoft Device Association Root, but I can't really tell you if it has helped or not. For now is disabled. Anyway thanks a lot for the tip.

To @BIGNEWY for me what it seems to make a really difference on having a serious continous patter of sttutering and just only having few and randowms stutters is:

1) the last nvidia drivers 546.33 versus an older one as the current that I've have installed right now 536.67

2) DLSS on or OFF.

All other tips, tricks, settings etc etc seems to has minor impacts and no change at all regarding stutter with my specs.

Could you please tell us how is the situation at ED about this stuttering as it is affecting so many users?

PC SPECS: 

On 1/9/2024 at 5:58 AM, Tranzit said:

After many months of trying every other fix out there this worked for me, Thanks for taking the time to post this.🫡

• Like 2

Planes: A-10C/II - FC3 - F/A-18C - F-16c - F-5 - F-15E - F-4E

Helicopters: UH-1H Huey - KA-50 Black Shark - AH-64D

Maps: Sinai - Normandy 2.0 - Channel - Syria - Persian Gulf - South Atlantic

Extras: Supercarrier - WWII Asset Pack

PC SPECS: CPU, Intel i5 4670K @ 4.2GHz | MOBO, ASUS/Z87-A | MEMORY, HyperX FURY Series 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 Memory1833Mhz |GRAPHICS CARD, GIGABYTE RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6, 1920 Core, 1755Mhz | PSU, CoolerMaster Real Power Pro 1250W 80Plus | Flight Stick, Logitech X-56 | Rudder Pedals, Logitech G | O/S, Windows 10, 64bit | Hard Drives, Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB

• 2 months later...

Hi to everybody, long time without posting.

Let me update a bit in order to try to help others. After a lot of time of testing and testing, I’ve quite happy of how DCS is running now, not still perfect, but almost playable. But caution I’m mainly single player user and I don’t know how should be working on MP busy environments with several units. Probably much worst.

I’ve finally got a let’s say almost stable FPS and frame rate lines, putting all the possible settings on DCS to its maximum quality allowable. I was almost sure that my problem was related with a CPU bottleneck, and with my settings previous tested both on NCP and DCS trying to get as much FPS as possible I’ve realized that my GPU was sending too much FPS to my CPU that was unable to process. At least is what my poor knowledge understand.

Putting all the settings to high quality on NCP and on DCS, makes happy the GPU working to it’s 100% not stressing so much my CPU. I’ve got stables in between 40 to 90 FPS depending on the loaded scenario, depending on the airplane flown, and much more noticeable now, depending on how much closer of terrain I am. But I say again, with quite stable lines of FPS and frame rates. Only random spikes/drops on FPS when maneuvering fast or when moving my TRACKIR abruptly, even when using the mouse.

What seems to make a big difference for me is also NVIDIA drivers. All the newest released versions tested had horrible performance for me, rather than the 536.36 which seems the one that likes so much to my specs.

After all this tests, I haven’t realized about any relationship of having unofficial mods installed or not. Just to let them know to all of them that suggests to uninstall as a first option to try to solve it.
Regarding my 11th gen CPU, any change or setting on CPU cores affinity seems to have any impact or relationship to improve/worsen the problem. 

Well I hope that at least someone else could take benefit of my reflexions and I’m quite sure that upgrading my CPU, to one of the latest versions will help quite a lot, but this means upgrading MB and RAM as well and for instance my PC box. So a new PC. Let’s wait a bit and meanwhile this will works for the purpose I want and use DCS.

please @BIGNEWY take note just to try help others and again thanks for the support.

safe flights to everybody

• Like 1

PC SPECS: 

• ED Team
10 minutes ago, lovethewayoumove said:

Hi to everybody, long time without posting.

Let me update a bit in order to try to help others. After a lot of time of testing and testing, I’ve quite happy of how DCS is running now, not still perfect, but almost playable. But caution I’m mainly single player user and I don’t know how should be working on MP busy environments with several units. Probably much worst.

I’ve finally got a let’s say almost stable FPS and frame rate lines, putting all the possible settings on DCS to its maximum quality allowable. I was almost sure that my problem was related with a CPU bottleneck, and with my settings previous tested both on NCP and DCS trying to get as much FPS as possible I’ve realized that my GPU was sending too much FPS to my CPU that was unable to process. At least is what my poor knowledge understand.

Putting all the settings to high quality on NCP and on DCS, makes happy the GPU working to it’s 100% not stressing so much my CPU. I’ve got stables in between 40 to 90 FPS depending on the loaded scenario, depending on the airplane flown, and much more noticeable now, depending on how much closer of terrain I am. But I say again, with quite stable lines of FPS and frame rates. Only random spikes/drops on FPS when maneuvering fast or when moving my TRACKIR abruptly, even when using the mouse.

What seems to make a big difference for me is also NVIDIA drivers. All the newest released versions tested had horrible performance for me, rather than the 536.36 which seems the one that likes so much to my specs.

After all this tests, I haven’t realized about any relationship of having unofficial mods installed or not. Just to let them know to all of them that suggests to uninstall as a first option to try to solve it.
Regarding my 11th gen CPU, any change or setting on CPU cores affinity seems to have any impact or relationship to improve/worsen the problem. 

Well I hope that at least someone else could take benefit of my reflexions and I’m quite sure that upgrading my CPU, to one of the latest versions will help quite a lot, but this means upgrading MB and RAM as well and for instance my PC box. So a new PC. Let’s wait a bit and meanwhile this will works for the purpose I want and use DCS.

please @BIGNEWY take note just to try help others and again thanks for the support.

safe flights to everybody

Thank you for the feedback I am sure it will help others, diagnosing performance issues can be frustrating sometimes so just giving people ideas of what to try next is always helpful. 

best regards

bignewy

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Bada Bing - Bada Boom:  No more Stuttering in 2.9 - FIXED !

Have an Older Machine (refurbing as a Gift to an Intrepid Young Aspiring Fighter Pilot all of 13 years old) that was Top-of-the-Line some 10 Years Ago (Haswell 4790K Devil's Canyon, Gen9 Big Maxwell Titan-X, 32 GB RAM) still running DCSW at 80-100 fps (@ 2560x1440) but started stuttering badly with release of 2.9.

Have followed a Dozen Possible Leads to No Avail - until I hit on Turning On Hyper-Threading (Thanks to the Gentleman's Posts below).   Back in the Day, primarily Single-Threaded Flight Sims recommended turning Hyper-Threading OFF to improve Performance.    That's where my BIOS setting Stayed Since Then (HT OFF),   But reading the Advice Below - Turned HT Back On and Bada Bing - Bada Boom !    Now Smooth as Silk - Most Excellent !

This Malady (Stuttering) seemed fairly widespread with release of 2.9 - I'm surprised that Eagle Dynamics didn't release an Advisory Note on that (Stuttering) when 2.9 got Pushed Out - I guess HT-On is the Current Standard, and they (didn't anticipate) failed to Test and Identify that Problem - so we was on our Own by Trial & Error.

And I can't figure Out why there'd be stuttering when the Frames are cranking out at 80-100 fps ??    Somebody lot smarter than 'Moi' Knows - but they aint Saying !

But Pretty Happy the Stutters are Gone  😀 !

TANKs for the Idea - Reference where Credit is Due:

By Mateo
October 27, 2023 in Game Performance Bugs
2.9 (after update )massive stuttering/image freeze for 1-3 sec all time even at LOW settings
https://forum.dcs.world/topic/336422-29-after-update-massive-stutteringimage-freeze-for-1-3-sec-all-time-even-at-low-settings/

I have noticed improvement when I set my hyperthread in BIOS to enable. It is strange for me, usually hyperthread make things worse, but now during simple test I have notice improvement that is worth for ED to pay attention. It shows that my stuttering is probably CPU related. During my test one of core go to nearly 100% usage. I disabled that core and re-enabled during the gameplay, in effect stutters were gone again, and CPU usage was average on all cores.

If some of you have the ability to hyperthred your CPU, it might be worth a try.

BUT - This Feller Improved (In VR) when HT was Turned OFF - Go Figure ???????????

By fab.13
March 13, 2023 in VR Bugs
Disable HyperThreading reduce stutter a lot, give a try.
https://forum.dcs.world/topic/321514-mt-version-disable-hyperthreading-reduce-stutter-a-lot-give-a-try/

Edited by Igor4U
add

Posted (edited)

Hey, super you found a solution!!!

Unfortunately for me, turning off HT worsen my stuttering, so I let turned ON.

Could I ask you your specs in order to try to compare and understand a little bit?

I'm pretty sure my problem is related with bottleneck on the CPU.

En 18/3/2024 a las 21:36, Igor4U dijo:

Have an Older Machine (refurbing as a Gift to an Intrepid Young Aspiring Fighter Pilot all of 13 years old) that was Top-of-the-Line some 10 Years Ago (Haswell 4790K Devil's Canyon, Gen9 Big Maxwell Titan-X, 32 GB RAM) still running DCSW at 80-100 fps (@ 2560x1440) but started stuttering badly with release of 2.9.

Have followed a Dozen Possible Leads to No Avail - until I hit on Turning On Hyper-Threading (Thanks to the Gentleman's Posts below).   Back in the Day, primarily Single-Threaded Flight Sims recommended turning Hyper-Threading OFF to improve Performance.    That's where my BIOS setting Stayed Since Then (HT OFF),   But reading the Advice Below - Turned HT Back On and Bada Bing - Bada Boom !    Now Smooth as Silk - Most Excellent !

This Malady (Stuttering) seemed fairly widespread with release of 2.9 - I'm surprised that Eagle Dynamics didn't release an Advisory Note on that (Stuttering) when 2.9 got Pushed Out - I guess HT-On is the Current Standard, and they (didn't anticipate) failed to Test and Identify that Problem - so we was on our Own by Trial & Error.

And I can't figure Out why there'd be stuttering when the Frames are cranking out at 80-100 fps ??    Somebody lot smarter than 'Moi' Knows - but they aint Saying !

By Mateo
2.9 (after update )massive stuttering/image freeze for 1-3 sec all time even at LOW settings
https://forum.dcs.world/topic/336422-29-after-update-massive-stutteringimage-freeze-for-1-3-sec-all-time-even-at-low-settings/

I have noticed improvement when I set my hyperthread in BIOS to enable. It is strange for me, usually hyperthread make things worse, but now during simple test I have notice improvement that is worth for ED to pay attention. It shows that my stuttering is probably CPU related. During my test one of core go to nearly 100% usage. I disabled that core and re-enabled during the gameplay, in effect stutters were gone again, and CPU usage was average on all cores.

If some of you have the ability to hyperthred your CPU, it might be worth a try.

BUT - This Feller Improved (In VR) when HT was Turned OFF - Go Figure ???????????

By fab.13
https://forum.dcs.world/topic/321514-mt-version-disable-hyperthreading-reduce-stutter-a-lot-give-a-try/

Edited by lovethewayoumove

PC SPECS: 

Hello,

True,
I had to disable HT in the first release of MT in 2023
"give a try " was intended for player that met stutters at this time to test that option ( i was not alone ... ), not a recommandation.

From few release after summer,
i remade some test with a bench track and it was better with HT ON ( but with no shadow )

Now with the last release delivered in Feb 2024,
DCS is very smooth and i could have increment resolution in VR in my quest 2 ( x1.3 ) : great !

On 3/18/2024 at 9:36 PM, Igor4U said:

By Mateo

By fab.13

• Like 1