ai mod aircraft never leave the deck

Hawkeye60

As the title states.

Using the ED created aircraft  carrier mod,.

add any prop ai aircraft via the saved games location.

Spawn the ai on deck.

Screen-231220-164048.jpg

All looks as it should so far.

the deck crew get to the spinning hand gesture, but never finish with the launch gesture.

The ai aircraft pops up like it is ready to launch, and sits there,

with its engine running.

Screen-231220-164119.jpg

Screen-231220-164127.jpg

This is the same with any prop aircraft mod.

I have not tested and FC3 mods yet.

Notice the wheels spawn in the incorrect position?

This is  new behavior.

I changed the wheel location in the lua which fixed that issue,

But she still will not launch from the ED carrier.

Or any other carrier but  one or two.

And those are not quite right with strange runway behavior.

This is all new since the last few patches.

I hope the fix is a easy one!

@BIGNEWY

The report, as requested.

If you want logs, or a mission and / or track,

I will supply them.

Thanks for the help!

• Thanks 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

11 minutes ago, Urbi said:

Is this a joke?

Firstly, the animations of ED's carrier are not designed for this type of aircraft and secondly.

I have never seen an aircraft with a propeller and this tricycle design with a kattapult takeoff.

Firstly there's more than ED's carriers out there, some don't have steam driven catapaults, there's also several aircraft that are prop/piston driven that are carrier based/operated, like the ones from the Cuesta brothers, so no, it's not a joke, it's a problem that's only started happening since the last update.

• Thanks 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

2 hours ago, Urbi said:

I have never seen an aircraft with a propeller and this tricycle design with a kattapult takeoff.

There's no problem with propeller aircraft launching from a cat. See the E-2, C-2, or A-1. But you are right taildraggers are not an option, if you meant this with tricycle.

Pic of a Skyraider with a bridle catapult.

zic3tnwmy4h41.jpg

• Like 1

• ED Team

Hi, 

there are some community mods creating this issue, please attach your dcs log also so we can take a look. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I also have this issue, with the F4U and Bungo's HMAS Melbourne Mod. 

If I set it to Launch from Runway - it appears to work as a Cat launch, but that is misleading because Cat 1 is the first launch point on the runway as such, so thats where it will start from.  Any subsequent aircraft in that flight will stack up behind No 1 and take off in sequence, from wherever they are on the flight deck.  That all works okay. 

If I set it to Launch from Ramp it will taxi to the Cat normally, it appears to try and get the rear wheel into the trap, powers up, blast screen up,  then I also get what is being shown above.   Any subsequent aircraft in that flight are stuck wherever they are on the deck in the taxi routes.

Up until the last update it would actually take off from the Cat, the blast screen dropped but the aircraft always froze in flight about 30 yds in front of the ship.  Any subsequent aircraft in that flight stayed where they were.

There are no issues with any Jets on this ship, its a prop aircraft problem.

My game is very heavily modified so no point in sending you my logs, but I can verify what is being reported above. 

@Urbi

The issue you describe is related to the code assignment of the wheel position.

Since a few patches ago, this was not a issue.

All you need to do is swap the front and rear gear code.

It will place the front wheels at the cat.

But this does not fix the underlying issue of a stalled aircraft.

@BIGNEWY

I test with minimal mods installed.

Just the ED carrier mod, to allow the WWII birds to use the carriers, and the mod aircraft.

I use the ED carriers to be sure.

I can still post my logs if they might help.

This only affects the prop aircraft.

Jets are fine, As Eddie states above.

• Like 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

• ED Team

Yes please post your logs, and a track replay example with vanilla units if possible

We are seeing lots of issues currently created by user mods. 

thank you 

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I may have found a fix.

Testing shall continue but it is looking much better!

Thanks @BIGNEWY

For looking.

No need to bother the team with this at present.

I will let all know how test goes.

Cheers!

Screen-231229-105947.jpg

Not for my new float plane!

Lua edits will be needed to fix any other ai aircraft mods.

Edited by Hawkeye60
  • Like 2

• ED Team

We can not test unofficial mods, we simply do not have the time to test dcs core, all ED modules, and all third party modules between patches.

If something has changed however I am happy to ask the team about it. With that said the team are on a break for a week so I will not be able to get any information until after their break. 

thanks

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thank you for the reply.

I will wait patiently.

Thread cleaned

Edited by Hawkeye60

• ED Team

I have asked the team to investigate this after their New year break. 

thank you 

• Like 2