DCS: MiG-29A Fulcrum

On 1/7/2024 at 1:02 AM, NineLine said:

DCS: MiG-29A Fulcrum
We are excited to announce our first full fidelity 4th generation Russian fighter: the MiG-29A Fulcrum!

ED's FIRST full fidelity RUSSIAN fighter? 🙂 I am all in! 

Ready with my pre-order $$$ already !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JetFighterGirl said:

Fulcrum - A is the first one, the next will be Frogfoot, Su-25 or Su-25K I think. 

• Like 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

3 hours ago, JetFighterGirl said:

You could say Mig-15 was the first, since technically Belsimtek is now part of ED.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, okopanja said:

You could say Mig-15 was the first, since technically Belsimtek is now part of ED.

Well, I should not have omitted the generation bit, should I? I meant "our first full fidelity 4th generation Russian fighter" but you are right.

Nevertheless, while we wait for the Fulcrum we might as well start another speculation thread 😄 Flanker or Rook?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JetFighterGirl said:

Well, I should not have omitted the generation bit, should I? I meant "our first full fidelity 4th generation Russian fighter" but you are right.

Nevertheless, while we wait for the Fulcrum we might as well start another speculation thread 😄 Flanker or Rook?

Sorry for sounding nitpicking - I kind of wanted to make a joke.

Flanker or Rook? I would say Rook easily wins for being less sensitive and more exported abroad (su-27 only Ethiopia, Angola and Indonesia?), but I hope at some point ED manages to find the way to create FF early Flanker.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, okopanja said:

Sorry for sounding nitpicking - I kind of wanted to make a joke.

Flanker or Rook? I would say Rook easily wins for being less sensitive and more exported abroad (su-27 only Ethiopia, Angola and Indonesia?), but I hope at some point ED manages to find the way to create FF early Flanker.

Also China, Belarus/Uzbekistan (if you count ex SU), and Vietnam 

Surprising how many rook operators there are

IMG_4577.png

• Like 3

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

14 hours ago, JetFighterGirl said:

I hope the second will be the Su-25A.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

They'll make Flanker if they can, Su-25 if they can't. Remember, the line of simulators DCS comes from started with a Flanker sim. It would actually be really cool if they called it DCS: Flanker 3.0. 🙂 

That said, I'd love a Su-25, too. There's a pretty good campaign for the FC3 version already, and it's a great aircraft overall, somewhat primitive, but with some nice features such as the laser designator.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dragon1-1 said:

There's a pretty good campaign for the FC3 version already

Yes, the nice thing about the FC3 campaigns is that they can be very easily modified for FF modules 🙂 

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

7 часов назад, Dragon1-1 сказал:

They'll make Flanker if they can, Su-25 if they can't. Remember, the line of simulators DCS comes from started with a Flanker sim. It would actually be really cool if they called it DCS: Flanker 3.0. 🙂 

That said, I'd love a Su-25, too. There's a pretty good campaign for the FC3 version already, and it's a great aircraft overall, somewhat primitive, but with some nice features such as the laser designator.

К сожалению команда DCS смотрит на это совсем по другому. Любая европейская или североамериканская компания прежде всего делала бы продукты для внутреннего пользователя, в России (в DCS) это не работает. Ладно. Спасибо, что спустя 10 лет мы получили надежду на кликабельный МиГ-29.  

Also, people keep bickering about weapons and sensors and flightmodel etc. But can we just for a moment appreciate what a SEXY jet the MiG-29 is? For me it's the most beauiful fighter jet ever designed, those lines and curves. The Tomcat is a close second but man, dem curvez:

image.png

• Like 9

That's an AI picture, no real aircraft looks like that 😉

• Like 4

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil WarBRD, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

9 minutes ago, JetFighterGirl said:

For sure I am in love ♥️

Love.jpg

Now, THAT's a nice picture! 😍

• Like 2

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Splendid news! Couldn't be better! It's really about time that we got the MiG-29 as a full-fledged module, chief amongst ASM. Curious what new technologies will be implemented 😎

Edited by zerO_crash

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3 hours ago, zerO_crash said:

Splendid news! Couldn't be better! It's really about time that we got the MiG-29 as a full-fledged module, chief amongst ASM. Curious what new technologies will be implemented 😎

From the newsletter: 

Air-To-Air Missile Development. We plan to migrate the R-27 (AA-10) family and R-73  (AA-11) missiles to a new component structure and flight dynamics. This will be coupled with a new proximity fuse model that accounts for Doppler closing speed, modified seekers, and a more realistic interaction model between the missile and the supporting radar. This will be done within the larger MiG-29 project framework. Other missile types will also be developed in the same way.

• Like 2

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I am not into A2A at all, I completely suck at it and I also have no interest in changing that, the MiG29 will get its ass handed to itself because no R77, it has a weak radar, short legs, few weapons stations and rudimentary A2G weapons at best... and yet I WILL buy that thing EA because it is the MOST BEAUTIFUL FIGHTER JET EVER MADE and I want to fly that thing, with all its "russian-ness", even thouh it is the last thing I SHOULD buy 😅

• Like 1