Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

Track recording better now?

oldcrusty

I've only tested this over PG map (flat desert area). I recorded 7 high G turning fights (DACM - ace level AI) and all of the recordings were accurate!

My graphics settings are quite high... although I use only 2xMSAA w/ .6 sharpening (net effect is better then just MSAA)   Is it MT  doing a better job?

39 minutes ago, oldcrusty said:

I've only tested this over PG map (flat desert area). I recorded 7 high G turning fights (DACM - ace level AI) and all of the recordings were accurate!

My graphics settings are quite high... although I use only 2xMSAA w/ .6 sharpening (net effect is better then just MSAA)   Is it MT  doing a better job?

hello. MT definitely helps. though the replay system recent changes are almost infallible now and not directly correlated with each other. i could be wrong about that. and the new camera is cool.

remember though that someone else opening your track is going to see your replay with their settings.

Edited by silverdevil

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Nope, it still does not work with all the plane modules, F-14 is still inaccurate.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

On 1/7/2024 at 11:04 PM, oldcrusty said:

Is it MT  doing a better job?

It was 2.9.0 update:

Improved Replays/Tracks: Improved track replay for human controlled aircraft by conducting more frequent continuity checks, WIP. - Note, increased track file data size when saved to disk.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Directly after that update, it worked perfectly for me and for the first time I was able to record an accurate, hour+ long replay. But strangely, every other replay since then was just as broken as before.
(Recorded in an A-10 in VR)

• ED Team

replays recorded on different versions of DCS may have issues still. Just bear it in mind. 

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

9 minutes ago, AKULA_OPTIMUS said:

The weapons still the same, they do whatever they want, and the things they do are different each time you play the track.

That's correct. The AI and weapons are recalculated each time during the replay.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

On 1/9/2024 at 2:00 PM, draconus said:

That's correct. The AI and weapons are recalculated each time during the replay.

Being that the case, I could never understand how content creators like Growling Sidewinder can replicate tracks so accurately on their videos, even cannon shots😮

1 hour ago, AKULA_OPTIMUS said:

Being that the case, I could never understand how content creators like Growling Sidewinder can replicate tracks so accurately on their videos, even cannon shots😮

They probably just record the videos during play.