Thank you Devs for working on mid-mission Save Game feature.

Thank you Devs for working on mid-mission Save Game feature - I saw the newest DSC announcement. I was waiting for this for years and actually I stopped to play the game because I couldn't save progress during mission. I can't wait to play again.  Great job

• Like 5

Yes. Thank You! 👍

• Like 1

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

+1!

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

14 minutes ago, zildac said:

Wait, what did I miss?

• Like 2

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

4 minutes ago, zildac said:
53 minutes ago, sirrah said:

Must be my eyes, but I don't see a mention of a save option?

Just below the Viper screenshot:

Here are some of the interesting functionality improvements coming to DCS:

Save Game. Our new game persistence system will allow you to save mid-mission and return to that save point at a later time.

No worries, at some point pretty much everyone needs glasses 😉

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

1 hour ago, sirrah said:

No worries, at some point pretty much everyone needs glasses

Thanks! Got it

That will be an absolute God send!

Edited by zildac
  • Like 1

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

Honestly I think this is the most significant improvement in the history of the game. Not really an understatement. With its focus on realistic gameplay and flights, DCS suffers from the fact that unless you’ve got over an hour to commit to it, there’s nothing much you can really do. It affects everything from broad appeal to sales of the DLC campaigns which are sorta unapproachable for the average player due to the time required. Besides the complexity and controllers required I think this is one of the chief reasons the game and genre are such a niche. Gamers tend to play in 20-30min sessions, even ED’s on data shows that about DCS. But again there’s nothing meaningful you can do within that time limit here. Now the future is wide open. 

• Like 3

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Honestly I think this is the most significant improvement in the history of the game. Not really an understatement. With its focus on realistic gameplay and flights, DCS suffers from the fact that unless you’ve got over an hour to commit to it, there’s nothing much you can really do. It affects everything from broad appeal to sales of the DLC campaigns which are sorta unapproachable for the average player due to the time required. Besides the complexity and controllers required I think this is one of the chief reasons the game and genre are such a niche. Gamers tend to play in 20-30min sessions, even ED’s on data shows that about DCS. But again there’s nothing meaningful you can do within that time limit here. Now the future is wide open. 
Completely agree. And the enthusiasm to finish a campaign dwindles given the time required and the fact I'm going to die an hour into most missions having to stsrt right back at the beginning of a mission really grates when time is limited.
  • Like 2

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/13/2024 at 7:25 PM, SharpeXB said:

My thoughts exactly. SP experience will be infinitely better with this simple addition. No more need to use cheats in fear of losing possibly over 1hr of progress to one mistake.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2024 at 2:52 PM, zildac said:

Completely agree. And the enthusiasm to finish a campaign dwindles given the time required and the fact I'm going to die an hour into most missions emoji1787.png having to stsrt right back at the beginning of a mission really grates when time is limited.

4 hours ago, sam_ said:

My thoughts exactly. SP experience will be infinitely better with this simple addition. No more need to use cheats in fear of losing possibly over 1hr of progress to one mistake.

As great as the save feature is, having to start over in SP because your plane was destroyed should be a rarity. DCS has for years had a very neat feature to fix that very issue, and it also has helped with AI wingmen something being less than competent.

That feature is plane jumping. As amazing as it is, almost no one seems to know about. I can only find one video on YT that even covers it:

And a tiny handful of forum/reddit mentions:

Basically, if you have a flight of four you have 4 lives. Even more if you count planes outside of your flight. You can take control of them too. Of course the mission designer needs to account for this, but I feel like that should be satisfied just by sound mission design.

I do hope that this feature is not forgotten after saves are implemented as it does things that saves cannot do, like giving a SP player the power of 4 player controlled planes without needing to be in a MP session. Somewhere along the line the feature was degraded because jumping out of a plane wipes its route. I'm not sure if this is intentional or a bug, but it needs to be reversed.

• Like 1

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Having a Save Game feature expands the focus of DCS beyond the retired and the unemployed 😉

Edited by SharpeXB
  • Like 2

Somebody made a tiiiny tiny mistake in that post though, regarding the year 🤣

image.png

Edited by D4n
  • Like 1
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 1 month later...

I wonder when we will see this.

I have several campaigns that I want to finish but keep getting turned off by flying over an hour, refuelling, etc only to get hit by a golden BB over the objective area and have to do it all over again.

Glad it's coming, hope it's soon!

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/12/2024 at 11:26 PM, freespirit said:

Thank you Devs for working on mid-mission Save Game feature - I saw the newest DSC announcement. I was waiting for this for years and actually I stopped to play the game because I couldn't save progress during mission. I can't wait to play again.  Great job

Same here...I stopped playing and i just wait for save game to be implemented..Also thinkig to resort to "other" Falcon SIM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia