Datalink issue

Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

Without AWACS:

DL on my aircraft and wingmen but we still don't see each other on SA, does DL not work without an AWACS? I have Members and Donors all setup in the ME but still people on DL show up as yellow brackets(unknown). I have ACLS enabled on Link 4 on the CVN on 336.0 which is also the default datalink channel could this be effecting it? struggling to see why its not working. EPLRS is set to come on at WP 0 also for all aircraft.

Edited by Matt Glover
  • Like 1

ACLS Link4 and MIDS Link16 are different protocols, and AFAIK shouldn't interfere with each other. Ensure the second D/L menu is turned on via the UFC (subsequent presses of D/L on the UFC will swap between Link4 and Link16). Also, ensure your IFF is turned on. Manual interrogation in the Hornet is performed via depressing the Sensor Control Switch and then bumping it towards the ATTK format. Automatic interrogation can be enabled from the AUTO INT option on the AZ/EL page in A/A Master Mode.

Edited by Tholozor

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

4 hours ago, Tholozor said:

ACLS Link4 and MIDS Link16 are different protocols, and AFAIK shouldn't interfere with each other. Ensure the second D/L menu is turned on via the UFC (subsequent presses of D/L on the UFC will swap between Link4 and Link16). Also, ensure your IFF is turned on. Manual interrogation in the Hornet is performed via depressing the Sensor Control Switch and then bumping it towards the ATTK format. Automatic interrogation can be enabled from the AUTO INT option on the AZ/EL page in A/A Master Mode.

IFF on DL first and 2nd Page on.

6 hours ago, Foka said:

And don't turn Link 4 unless you're RTB and planning to recover using ACLS. That's the only case of using Link 4.

Link4 can also be used for CV RF alignment on cold start.

Edited by Tholozor
  • Like 2

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

22 minutes ago, Foka said:

Not in DCS, AFAIK.

It was added in this patch: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/changelog/openbeta/2.9.0.46801/

• Added: CV RF alignment via datalink system. You can now align to the carrier (CV) using the datalink. 

• Like 1

REAPER 51 | Tholozor

See attached. We believe its something to do with alignment: here's what we did:

2 aircraft Joined and did CV RF alignment with Link 16 also on: Both see each other on the SA until alignment actually begins and can for that brief time Set Donor or Member. Once alignment begins both loose SA contact for each other. At all times with L16 on we can see the E2 and S3. Intermittently we are getting donor PLID contacts for each other we assume that are being donor supplied by the E2.

3 aircraft Joined:

Aircraft 1 CV RF Alignment L4 only on until alignment then L16 on once aligned.

Aircraft 2 CV CBL Alignment L4/L16 off until aligned.

Aircraft 3 IFA Alignment L4/L16 off until aligned.

Again same results as above we all see the E2 S3 with L16 on. Aircraft 1/2 never saw each other on DL. 1/2 see 3 for a brief period once aligned and then DL turned on then nothing. Mission is basic setup every aircraft is 1 of 1 with no datalink connection or edits after placement. Carrier is CVN73 73X ICLS 11 / L4 336.0 and ACLS on. s3 HAS TACAN 74X. all aircraft have EPLRS on in advanced WP0 actions. can someone please help us. I really think its a bug or something small is missing that I am doing wrong in ME or we are all doing in the sim.

All other systems seem to be unaffected and it seems to go out of wacky at the start of alignment or if already aligned it goes wacky after a few seconds of DL being turned on. Player-AI seems fine its P2P that seems the issue.

CASE I II JTF15 TEST .miz CASE I II JTF15 TEST -20240116-114337.trk Tacview-20240116-114400-DCS-Client-CASE I II JTF15 TEST .zip.acmi

On 1/15/2024 at 7:40 AM, Foka said:

And don't turn Link 4 unless you're RTB and planning to recover using ACLS. That's the only case of using Link 4.

Irrelevant as L4 is working to get CV RF just fine and its L16 P2P that is the issue.

On 1/15/2024 at 11:57 AM, Lord Vader said:

Hi @Matt Glover

Can you please supply a track with this happening so we have a look?

Thanks.

done

On 1/15/2024 at 3:42 AM, Tholozor said:

IFF On or Off same results and the rest of the stuff you talk about here is Radar not DL.

Edited by Matt Glover
  • Like 1

• ED Team

Hi, 

please give us some time we will need to investigate. 

thank you

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

3 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

please give us some time we will need to investigate. 

thank you

So we just tested a lot of mission files I made to rule out the following as issues:

Tested with no carrier settings(TCN / ICLS / L4 / ACLS) and with all settings - no change

Tested with and without copies and pasted aircraft - no change

Tested with and without AI ships and aircraft - no change

Tested identical unit setup with all carrier settings enabled but on Caucuses - worked as it should.

Conclusion is pointing towards something on Mariana causing the issue, I don't know what it might be - Radio Frequencies? ADF? TACAN? Hope this at least gives you something to look at.

• ED Team

This is an unusual issue, but the team have reproduced it. 

They will look for a fix. 

thank you

• Like 1

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
  • Solution

The problem has been found, it was a time issue preventing data link from working correctly. A fix should be in the next open beta.

thanks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1