Latest Oculus v63 PTC build crashing DCS when used on Oculus Link

SrSosio

Caution: Meta/Oculus may have disseminated another auto update today which came up when I started Oculus. My DCS Steam did not launch.  Fix was to stop Oculus VR Runtime, roll back my Oculus diagnostic, client and runtime files, then restart Oculus VR Runtime.

Edited by seavoyage
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, seavoyage said:

Caution: Meta/Oculus may have disseminated another auto update today which came up when I started Oculus. My DCS Steam did not launch.  Fix was to stop Oculus VR Runtime, roll back my Oculus diagnostic, client and runtime files, then restart Oculus VR Runtime.

I always make sure to uncheck that *Update when powering off* option before I turn the headset off, otherwise yeah, even if you have auto updates in the app and headset turned off.
The damn thing will still update itself.

I just decided to use Virtual Desktop moving forward. Runs faster and smoother than link ever did anyways and doesn't matter what version you have. Works perfectly fine with DCS.
Even though you also need steamVR since it uses that as the openxr runtime I guess but overall, much better IMO.

I know ED is working hard to get all of us Oculus users back in the air.  I'm just hoping that it's soon, because I'm in the middle of the Debden Eagles campaign and feeling pretty rusty in the Mustang at the moment.  Never mind that Happy New Phantom day is near!  Come on team!

R7 5800X3D / 32GB / VPC T-50 CM2 Base and CM3 Throttle with TM Hornet Grip / RTX 4080 Super / Meta Quest Pro

8 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

I'm happy to feedback to the team, but for clarity, we are not saying we can not hot fix in the future for issues, it was just unfortunate on this occasion it was not possible. 

thanks

@BIGNEWY  Thanks for keeping us up to date! Are there any indications that the Patch/Release will not go forward as planned for tomorrow?

Thanks! . . . Aries out!

2 hours ago, Aries Avenger said:

@Shibiswag
I think you like to talk a lot and always speaking on behalf of DCS. Are you directly associated with DCS or it's affiliates? Do you have a direct link to the DEV's and related managers? Is it possible you just have too much time on your hands and not enough friends in the world? I normally don't respond to things like this  . . . but . . . com'on man give us all a break and say something positive and useful, not a cut and paste of others efforts and posts. Did I mention repetitive? 

No, I am not associated with DCS, nor do I have any direct connection to anyone.
I know my statements seem like the same.
I just feel that too many people seem to ignore what the situation is because they don't want to read anything that BIGNEWY says.
People that have no clarity or understanding, much less patients seem that the only thing to do is at times literally telling ED that they are doing horrible because they can't get what they want when they want it, I understand if the work arounds don't work for some and not everyone would want to drop $20 for Virtual Desktop.
I get people are frustrated, though IMO that's no excuse to come on and degrade people who are working hard to fix it in the quickest manner possible.
I'm beginning to see why @slughead suggested the thread be closed.
Don't worry I'm done posting about it, though I don't seem why you feel it necessary to insult my social life and standing.
I am happily married with a family and plenty of friends, which honestly is no one's business.
I have been virtually positive about the entire thing while helping those that ask how to get the workarounds, directing them to the page, including fixes I found to get it going from VR to 2D without having to start the game, and providing positive feedback to try and get people to understand why there isn't a hotfix.
I don't have to be connected to ED in order to say any of this.
If you want, I'll go back and delete every single one of my posts.
Have a wonderful day.

Edited by Shibiswag
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Shibiswag said:

No, I am not associated with DCS, nor do I have any direct connection to anyone.
I know my statements seem like the same.
I just feel that too many people seem to ignore what the situation is because they don't want to read anything that BIGNEWY says.
People that have no clarity or understanding, much less patients seem that the only thing to do is at times literally telling ED that they are doing horrible because they can't get what they want when they want it, I understand if the work arounds don't work for some and not everyone would want to drop $20 for Virtual Desktop.
I get people are frustrated, though IMO that's no excuse to come on and degrade people who are working hard to fix it in the quickest manner possible.
I'm begging to see why @slughead suggested the thread be closed.
Don't worry I'm done posting about it, though I don't seem why you feel it necessary to insult my social life and standing.
I am happily married with a family and plenty of friends, which honestly is no one's business.
I have been virtually positive about the entire thing while helping those that ask how to get the workarounds, directing them to the page, including fixes I found to get it going from VR to 2D without having to start the game, and providing positive feedback to try and get people to understand why there isn't a hotfix.
I don't have to be connected to ED in order to any of this.

I appreciate your candor and my frustrations are getting the best of me as well. You are correct I could have done without the insults, frustration or not. My sincere apologies and will remove that of which I am guilty of in accusations. Have a fine day sir!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Aries Avenger said:

I appreciate your candor and my frustrations are getting the best of me as well. You are correct I could have done without the insults, frustration or not. My sincere apologies and will remove that of which I am guilty of in accusations. Have a fine day sir!

No problem.
It happens to the best of us.
To answer your question as to why I'm on here a lot.
Wife is out of town for cousins wedding and I'm on disability, so I can't really go out and enjoy myself like the good old days.
Can no longer work due to perminate back injury.
So, when she's gone, I just game, work on my YouTube channel, and check out forums. 

Edited by Shibiswag
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Chipwich said:

I know ED is working hard to get all of us Oculus users back in the air.  I'm just hoping that it's soon, because I'm in the middle of the Debden Eagles campaign and feeling pretty rusty in the Mustang at the moment.  Never mind that Happy New Phantom day is near!  Come on team!

According the plan the patch will be Today.

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 2

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Is the update coming today?

The DEMONS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Go to Heaven for the climate,Hell for the company

Check us out on page 23 in the squadron directory, on the multiplayer forum and send me a private message.

8 hours ago, YoYo said:

According the plan the patch will be Today.

Last week, the delay was already announced by now. So that gives hope.

• Like 1

RiftS • RX5950XT • 5800X3D • 64GB
F-86 • F-5E • F-16C • F/A-18C • P-51D • UH-1H • L-39 • MiG-15 • MiG-21
Supercarrier • Syria
 • PG • Sinai • Nevada

Screw the Christian Eagle II

But not yet 😉 any changelog! Will see ...

4x.gif

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• ED Team

patch notes will be posted just before the patch, planned for today. 

Meta crash fix will be included

thanks 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 6

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

patch is live with the fix, thank your for your patience with this issue. 

Enjoy your flights!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

11 minutes ago, Bluto74 said:

Other thread was closed but just wanted to thank the ED team for all the hard work and getting us back up. 

great to hear and thanks. 

Yes I have been tidying up the threads and merging. 

• Like 6