Latest Oculus v63 PTC build crashing DCS when used on Oculus Link

SrSosio

Oh boy.

Anyway, pretty much anybody that tried this has been happily playing DCS ever since: 

RiftS • RX5950XT • 5800X3D • 64GB
F-86 • F-5E • F-16C • F/A-18C • P-51D • UH-1H • L-39 • MiG-15 • MiG-21
Supercarrier • Syria
 • PG • Sinai • Nevada • Kola

Screw the Christian Eagle II

hace 2 minutos, tribbin dijo:

Oh boy.

Anyway, pretty much anybody that tried this has been happily playing DCS ever since: 

I will try to reinstall Oculus software... when I do this fix the software do not open and my Oculus Quest 2 stays in 3 blinking dots....

26 minutes ago, tribbin said:

Oh boy.

I feel like i'm in the minority with this but I tried this method and had way more stutters and crashes, I restored my backups, installed latest oculus clean (so that normally it would crash), but then launched steamvr, set steamvr as the openxr runtime and carried on using openxr on dcs, so that now it launches steamvr via openxr, had far less stutters than even native oculus and ran very smooth for about 2 hours of both helis and jets, even when this patch drops i'll probably just stick to steamvr this way as for me it ran so much better than standard oculus and i almost feel frustrated how long i was struggling with stutters on regular oculus lmao

regardless of other people's experiences, both this quote and openxr->steamvr should let you carry on playing right now, if you really can't wait at least try both and see which runs best for you, it will at least carry you through playing until the patch drops

• Like 1

It is shameful that having the solution to a problem that affects a large group of clients, they do not implement it immediately and the rest of the problems that cause problems look for a solution. Of course zero in customer service, practically non-existent after-sales service. The solutions that have been published are patches that most of the time break other programs or lose a lot of quality.

8 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

As far as I am aware yes it looks ok, but again I wish I had the headset to test it myself. 

thank you 

@BIGNEWY Iam a bit confused . . . nothing new there . . .  I thought the DCS VR crashing issue was a Meta Quest Link App Version - PCVR update to version 63.0.0.216.361 (63.0.0.216.361) ?  Why does DCS have to come up with the fix?
On the Meta Forums they are working on a fix as well.
Can you also confirm that DCS is working with Meta to resolve this issue?

Yes, I have read this entire thread since it was first posted back in February and get lost in translation . . .  thus, the above questions.
Thank you for your time!

Aries . . . out

Edited by Aries Avenger
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, ejaimes said:

it's supposed the patch will roll today?, SteamVR do the work, but I feel like lost some performance and image quality... Hurry up ED!!

Next week. The 10th is the planned date

• Like 1

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

• ED Team
13 minutes ago, Aries Avenger said:

@BIGNEWY Iam a bit confused . . . nothing new there . . .  I thought the DCS VR crashing issue was a Meta Quest Link App Version - PCVR update to version 63.0.0.216.361 (63.0.0.216.361) ?  Why does DCS have to come up with the fix?
On the Meta Forums they are working on a fix as well.
Can you also confirm that DCS is working with Meta to resolve this issue?

Thank you for your time!

Aries . . . out

Hi, we have to wait for the DCS patch, which sadly has been moved to the April 10th 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I can’t begin to express my frustration at this issue that has been here for weeks… and the fact that we can’t get any kind of hot fix.

I understand the workaround are there for some but they don’t work for me. I get Errors so I’m stuck waiting for a patch that is now delayed for another week.

I don’t understand why we can’t just fix this one issue outside of the patch

Edited by Mike_CK
  • Like 2

hace 3 minutos, Mike_CK dijo:

I can’t begin to express my frustration at this issue that has been here for weeks… and the fact that we can’t get any kind of hot fix.

I understand the workaround are there for some but they don’t work for me. I get Errors so I’m stuck waiting for a patch that is now delayed for another week.

I don’t understand why we can’t just fix this one issue outside of the patch

I believe it's touching some important dependencies that can't be resolve in a hot fix... otherwise I can't understand this... and yes, it's very frustrating.

On 3/30/2024 at 5:37 PM, Shibiswag said:

Gotcha.
Good to know, apricate it.

Didn't someone mention that the OpenXR toolkit, conflicts with DCS since it uses its own standalone version of OpenXR.
I mean me personally I never noticed a difference, in fact being on a AMD card.
I get way better performance by using MSAA X2 and in OpenXR Tool kit, using FSR with a 35% Sharpness. The DCS FSR version by itself makes things very blurry from my experience. 
Just wondering what you think.

I just wrote what I wrote because there are people like me, if the Oculus program breaks, they can't play with DCS, until it is fixed. I have Nvidia card. The Quest 2 is always blurry to me under DCS. 🙂

hace 7 minutos, landijozsef dijo:

I just wrote what I wrote because there are people like me, if the Oculus program breaks, they can't play with DCS, until it is fixed. I have Nvidia card. The Quest 2 is always blurry to me under DCS. 🙂

Sometimes I feel like DCS is an Open-Source project... Strange ah.  

Totally disappointed at this point by ED.

This issue was reported  half februari. No hotfix, no official message or a word in the newsletters. This is not some sort of minor issue, but for a lot of people completely gamebreaking. Yes, there are some half baked fixed which may or not work for some, but i'm not inclined to fix this stuff for which i paid for

this is not how you treat costumers

Edited by Falconeer
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

BIGNEWY has a thick skin and I'm sure he thinks the same as any sane person does.

Meta brought out a software update and it broke everything, how is that EDs problem?

How can ED possibly tell the future and what Meta are going to do next, this is a Meta issue, get real.

Apply the workaround and move on.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, t1mb0b said:

Meta brought out a software update and it broke everything,

That statement is not entirely correct although I agree with your sentiment. The following is not aimed at you.

Meta did not break DCS for everyone. There are some people who have not been affected and are running v63 and even v64 fine. Yes, there appears to be a lot of people affected but we don't know how many. At best guess, from this forum, maybe 50-70. 

I understand that a lot of people are upset but there are also lots of people who don't use this forum and might be very happily using their meta headsets after updates without realizing some people are affected. We just do not have that data. I don't know how many people use meta headsets but I think it is a lot more than a 70. Would 500 be a good guess? How many people play DCS in VR or 2d?

If the meta update has affected a "relatively" small number of people (compared to all DCS users) then it needs to be tested carefully otherwise the fix could have a big impact on all users.  

• Like 4

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro

1 hour ago, landijozsef said:

True, have you tried both workarounds?
Steam + Oculus fix on page 16?
I went from a 3070 to a 7800XT which is equal to a 4070 though I have the Quest Pro, so can't speak for the Quest 2.

1 hour ago, t1mb0b said:

BIGNEWY has a thick skin and I'm sure he thinks the same as any sane person does.

Meta brought out a software update and it broke everything, how is that EDs problem?

How can ED possibly tell the future and what Meta are going to do next, this is a Meta issue, get real.

Apply the workaround and move on.

The workarounds don’t work for everyone. Second, I don’t care whose “fault” it is; according to Meta, it’s ED’s issue to fix and ED does has a fix for it. So yeah, for those of us that can’t use the workarounds, we don’t play and that’s frustrating when it’s been weeks.

im sure ED and BigNewy understand why we are frustrated…we aren’t hurting their feelings or something. It’s a legit gripe and -as long as it’s civil- there’s nothing wrong with people voicing their displeasure at something on the forums. If you don’t want to hear it, don’t read the thread 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, YoYo said:

FYI. Not yet. The update is planned 10th of April.

WTF was supposed to be today. That would make it 7 weeks  without playing. Just release the bloody fix ffs

Edited by adam34aus

22 minutes ago, adam34aus said:

Well, looks like it will be a week of ornithopter training for me. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 5900 - AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT - 64GB 3200 - Win 11 - 2 TB SSD (game drive) - Quest 3.

I have 3 weeks+ with this error, I don't believe that my commentary can hurt the susceptibilities of anyone more than me itself... I don't care if I have to blame ED or Meta... I just want to play my game as I do since 4 years ago... I'm very familiarized with subsequentially erros in DCS... but I can't remember other like this one, and I don't have any more my track IR... so as many people here I'm really offset with this situation and the ease way to sound "I have to WAIT ONO WEEK MORE..."

hace 54 minutos, slughead dijo:

Careful saying stuff like that here. Some will think you’re being rude. 😳

• Like 3