T-38C Talon

We are covering the most up to date model which and is still in service with the USAF. We dont have a ETA but this forum post is here to keep progress updates on this mod. For more infomation about this project join our discord : https://discord.gg/7SXNqHDSBY

Here is the current dev log : https://youtu.be/Fg4V7IKuqc8?si=xN9LK55e5SzYpR0L Our plans We're hoping to bring a realistic T-38C with a working backseat for a IP. Planning on having all the feautres the T-38 has and are possible for a mod.

We're currently working on the Cockpit and getting that started, the 3D model is still work in progress. there are some things of the T-38C missing which is WIP. EFM is also in the works For more infomation about this project join the discord : https://discord.gg/7SXNqHDSBY

https://www.youtube.com/@caffeinesimulations

Coffee 2D artist

- T-38C

Caffeine Simulations

More updates to come

Screenshot_561.png?ex=65fb5d0d&is=65e8e8

image.png?ex=66009b6c&is=65ee266c&hm=e27

Screenshot_2023-12-07_091747.png?ex=65fe

cockpit.png?ex=65f95ca0&is=65e6e7a0&hm=6

Edited by CoffeeDZN
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 3

-User Files
-Portfolio
-Twitter
-Hardware : VIRPIL WarBrd-D + TM F/A-18C grip, Winwing Orion 2 F-16/F/A-18 grip, Logitech rudder pedals
-Specs : AMD Ryzen 5 7600x, 32 gb Ram, NVIDIA RTX 3070, 

vor 46 Minuten schrieb CoffeeDZN:

T-38C Talon

We plan to bring the T-38C to DCS. were covering the C which is the modern varitent wih MPCDs, HUD, And modern sensors and is still in service with the USAF. We dont have a ETA but this forum post is here to keep progrss updates on this mod.

Our plans

We're hoping to bring a realistic T-38C with a working backseat for a IP. Planning on having all the feautres the T-38 has and are possible for a mod. we're planning on having all the navigation feautes, 

We're currently working on the Cockpit and getting that started, the 3D model is still work in progress. there are some things of the T-38C missing which is WIP. EFM is also in the works

For more infomation about this project join the discord : https://discord.gg/7SXNqHDSBY

Here is the current dev log https://youtu.be/Fg4V7IKuqc8?si=xN9LK55e5SzYpR0L

More updates to come

Now this is something I was waiting for a long!

Great project.

But in the screenshots isn´t that an T-38A? The C got different Engines i guess.

HJY54NKB5FAKLBKYADCHMSXSME.jpg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CarloVecchi said:

Now this is something I was waiting for a long!

Great project.

But in the screenshots isn´t that an T-38A? The C got different Engines i guess.

HJY54NKB5FAKLBKYADCHMSXSME.jpg

Hi @CarloVecchi

You are 100% correct, but fear not, we are modeling the correct engines, they aren't there now, but its on the list.

Intakes are High priority, Nozzles less so, but will be done.

Thank you for the support, We are always available for any questions, feedback etc either here or the discord (Discord will get you a quicker response)

Cheers

Hayds

Lead Dev
Caffeine Simulations

• Like 3

Oh my word, this is brilliant, and something I think we need in the sim. A high speed instructional airframe, great for further training in higher speed formation flying.

As much as I love the C-101, L-39 and MB-339, they have their limits.

Looking forward to seeing the progress as the project moves on!

• Like 2

Been hoping to see a T-38 in DCS for a long time. Thank you for putting in the work to make this a reality.

While I know it was the A model, I hope you do include the original white paint scheme as well. T-38 Talon | Military.com

• Like 1

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

24 minutes ago, CarbonFox said:

Been hoping to see a T-38 in DCS for a long time. Thank you for putting in the work to make this a reality.

While I know it was the A model, I hope you do include the original white paint scheme as well. T-38 Talon | Military.com

That photo appears to be a T-38C... it has the re-designed intakes, updated engine nozzles, and you can see there's a HUD up front. I think it also has the MK 16 ejection seats (the front seat appears to have the canopy-breakers on top.)

As of 2021, the 416 FLTS at Edwards AFB still had a few Charlies in white paint.. but even if they don't release with a white paint job included, It'll only be a matter of time before someone in the community paints one!

Edited by ggerman2862

2 hours ago, CarbonFox said:

While I know it was the A model, I hope you do include the original white paint scheme as well. 

You can see a few of the skins in the video linked above, think you'll be pleased.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CarbonFox said:

Hi, 

Iirc we already have this implemented, if not I will make sure to make it ❤️

Coffee

2D artist - Caffeine simulations 

• Like 1

-User Files
-Portfolio
-Twitter
-Hardware : VIRPIL WarBrd-D + TM F/A-18C grip, Winwing Orion 2 F-16/F/A-18 grip, Logitech rudder pedals

7 hours ago, CarbonFox said:

nullI have good news for you then 🙂

We are seeking Livery requests on our discord right now, so any reference photos, tail numbers etc you can provide would be very helpful

image.png

• Like 2

vor 19 Stunden schrieb Hayds_93:

Hi @CarloVecchi

You are 100% correct, but fear not, we are modeling the correct engines, they aren't there now, but its on the list.

Intakes are High priority, Nozzles less so, but will be done.

Thank you for the support, We are always available for any questions, feedback etc either here or the discord (Discord will get you a quicker response)

Cheers

Hayds

Lead Dev
Caffeine Simulations

Ah ok!

Thanks for your awnser.
But why not T-38A & C and maybe an AT-38?

Will check your Discord. 🙂

17 minutes ago, CarloVecchi said:

Ah ok!

Thanks for your awnser.

There is already a mod team working on the T-38A

• Like 4

-User Files
-Portfolio
-Twitter

8 hours ago, ST0RM said:

I was mulling over the idea of buying a T-38A 3D model and seeing if a coder could replace the F-5 external model. 
Greatly looking forward to seeing this come to life. 

That was my original plan, I decided that I wanted to pursue the standalone mod after I got into it though 😄

18 hours ago, CarloVecchi said:

Ah ok!

Thanks for your awnser.

T-38A is very different in relation to the C

Less powerful, less complex, different exterior model, a completely new cockpit, like Coffee said there is another team working on it, and is probably much closer to release than mine 😅

In terms of an AT-38, that is not an option we've explored yet, the C model has a wide variety of simulated weapons functions for the milsim squadron enthusiast, which is our initial target audience. 

Nothing is planned other than getting the modern C model up to scratch as much as possible. Once that point is reached, maybe, but at the same time I have a wishlist of several other cool aircraft too 😉

Cheers

Hayds

• Like 5

On 2/23/2024 at 8:17 PM, Hayds_93 said:

T-38A is very different in relation to the C

Less powerful, less complex, different exterior model, a completely new cockpit, like Coffee said there is another team working on it, and is probably much closer to release than mine 😅

For the sake of infodumping/geeking out, the differences are due to the PMP (Propulsion Modernization Program) upgrade and it had some intriguing results.

They changed the intakes and I believe a few other engine components to improve low altitude acceleration and turn performance. The intakes however had a costly side effect. They dropped the top speed from Mach 1.6 down to barely Mach 1.05 in a very tiny altitude/weight window. So in short, you will be hard pressed to go supersonic in this bird.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

A to C model Conversion (WIP) 

Intakes are done! Nozzles and Antennas WIP

Coffee 2D Artist

- T-38C "Talon"

Caffine Simulations

More updates to come

image-227.png?ex=661290f3&is=66001bf3&hmimage.png?ex=66121854&is=65ffa354&hm=76f

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

-User Files
-Portfolio
-Twitter

On 4/1/2024 at 11:49 AM, Volator said:

That's good news, I haven't come across that project so far. Looking forward for the -A.

It's the virtual turkish stars demo team, there arent a crazy number of posts out yet, but its coming

their discord is primarily in Turkish so its a bit hard to find stuff, but its well on the way, further ahead than me by quite a bit

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Livery report

Dear T-38C Fans

On release the T-38C will feature 14 liveries based off IRL reference images. These will include:
Line jets from:

•   Vance AFB, 
  •  Sheppard AFB (ENJJPT),  
  •  Columbus AFB 
  •  Randolph AFB. 

As well as 6 special painted liveries from Columbus and the 5 heritage jets from Sheppard's AFB. 
Special paints:

• 5 ENJJPT heritage paint schemes
  • 1 Columbus heritage paint schemes

Later on during development, add additional download packs for each T-38C base, adding unpainted jets, more special paints etc.
We will do our best to recreate the liveries and bring the jet to life in DCS by recreating specific jets with their decals, dirt and panels.

If you have any liveries which is not in the Discord make sure to post them in our discord
T-38C liveries are a priority, but you can suggest A liveries, and we may get to them later down the road

We hope to have liveries on our model soon, we are currently finishing up the final touches on the external model.

Make sure to join our Discord sever aswell : https://discord.gg/zA3C5PFN9S

Coffee
2D artist
Caffinated Simulations

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

-User Files
-Portfolio
-Twitter