LGB Laser CODE bugged when Rearming

jayst0r

Hello,

You cant change Laser Codes in current opne Beta CLient anymore after a rearm.

The whole LASER CODE UI is stuck and cant be clicked anymore. Kneeboard shows LASER CODE 0000 once u opened the LASER code menu from F8->F8-F (ALL), AFTER a rearm.The Bombs will however default back to CODE 1688.

BEFORE Rearm LASER code UI can be clicked

I tested:

Hot start change LASER CODE rearm- >broken

Cold start Change lasercode rearm -> broken

COLD start Change Laser Code DONT rearm might work kneeboard shows correct Code. Opening and canceling rearm window still works,  Kneeboard shows correct code. Then when rearming with Laser Code Window open the Lasercode ui gets broken the moment the ground crew says rearming complete and all dial move to top right Corner and kneeboard shows laser code 0000 but is 1688 as bombs follow that Laser code.

null

image.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Agreed with statements above - only default code 1688 works for now. I have tested it out with default and custom made ME codes.
Tracks are below - from cold start, rearmament, take-off. Default code works in both cases. Custom 1671 code doesn't work after rearmament - switched to 0000. 

F15E_default_code.trk F15E_1671_code.trk

Edited by Alex_Weyland

I have the same issue in 2D, did not try in VR yet. But no reason to believe there will be any difference. 

Tried it on 2 different MP servers yesterday. Grayflag Syria and something else i forgot. But Caucasus map. 

Confirmed for me as well. Unable to change the code after rearming using the panel.

i7-8700k OC to 5.1GHz, Sound BlasterX AE-5, Creative Sound BlasterX H7 Tournament Edition, Asus ROG Maximus X Code

Corsair Dominator DDR4 32GB 3200MHz, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid, Acer Predator XB271HU WQHD IPS Monitor, Logitech G510S, Anker 8000DPI Gaming Mouse, HOTAS Warthog, Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals, Track IR 5, Windows 10 Professional, https://www.youtube.com/c/iflyflightsims

• ED Team
On 2/24/2024 at 11:52 AM, BigBorner said:

is there some sort of Hotfix planned or possible for this, or will this also follow the new release schedule? @NineLine @BIGNEWY

Hi, 

I have no patch date information to share currently. 

I have asked someone from RAZBAM to check here and take a look.

thank you 

• Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

3 minutes ago, felixx75 said:

Isn't code "1511" working? The LGB are fixed @1511 atm.

nop, i test every possiblity : it's all the time 1688, even if you set an other code in editor.

It's possible de change laser code only if you spawn with weapon and don't rearm

Edited by bal2o
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, felixx75 said:

Screen_240227_202659.jpg

ya laser code is break : it's actually block on 1511 when you rearm, but your bomb are in reality on 1688. that is the bug.

but ya without this bug, i many time used 1511 for GBU12 and 24.

Yup sorry, I misspoke.  I misread and thought you had said 1111 (which is the lowest the laser can use).  GBUs can't use that low, 1511 is correct for that.

Edited by Bigity
  • Like 1

If this has been a known bug since before the last patch is there any reason it has not been fixed, or at least marked confirmed? This is a frustrating bug for MP servers and makes buddy lasing impossible with preset drone lasing like found in the 4YA servers. 

i7-7700K @ 5.2Ghz

SLI 1080Ti

64GB GSkill Trident Z RGB 4133

Asus Maximus IX Extreme

Custom Water Cooling Loop

TM Warthog/ MFG Crosswind

@BIGNEWY So with the unified build and 6 weeks release cycle, what's the plan about hotfixes? Are we now really doomed to wait 6 weeks everytime for getting serious issues fixed?

• Like 1

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules