Lost Key Binds After Update

The input files are stored in Saved Games/DCS.../Config/Input. The sim is not supposed to alter these files except when you're editing your custom controls ingame.

Maybe Windows has changed the GUID (technical name) of your devices. Please attach your dcs.log file (from Saved Games/DCS.../Logs) and a zip file containing your Saved Games/DCS.../Config/Input folder.

• Thanks 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

No, mine seem to be all fine. Sorry to hear, this really always is a lot of work to rebind.

I had this too in the past and made a habit of backing up the savedgames folder every now and then; especially now where we get the openbeta and stable merged as this might likely also affect the savedgames folder.

18 minutes ago, rhinofilms said:

Anyone else?

no, mine are ok … which aircraft you had this issue? I believe that the F-15E had some commands changed.

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

add: did you maybe use Quaggles and Munkwolfs Keybind mod? They require a file in the Scripts folder to be replaced in the game directory (which gets wiped on every DCS update).

Edited by Schlingel mit Kringel
  • Like 1

dcs.log.old

"The input files are stored in Saved Games/DCS.../Config/Input. The sim is not supposed to alter these files except when you're editing your custom controls ingame.

Maybe Windows has changed the GUID (technical name) of your devices. Please attach your dcs.log file (from Saved Games/DCS.../Logs) and a zip file containing your Saved Games/DCS.../Config/Input folder."

I've been working through the rebinding already so I'm not sure if this is these file you're looking for or if I've already overwritten what you need.

Also I'm unable to configure my rudder pedals.  The white bar slider works properly in the control options screen, but there's no effect in game. This is for the Gazelle and I have virpil controls in case it helps.

Update:  It looks like only the Gazelle binding were lost thank goodness, and there are other weird things like the periscope can no  longer be controlled with an axis, some of the binding names have changed, etc.  I suspect the Gazelle update needs revision.

Input.7z

Edited by rhinofilms
Add quote

23 minutes ago, rhinofilms said:

I've been working through the rebinding already so I'm not sure if this is these file you're looking for or if I've already overwritten what you need.

I checked your Input files: it seems your devices did not receive new GUIDs. I'm not sure what happened to you.

As for your rudder controls, I have no idea. 🫤

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

@rhinofilms
Nope, the Gazelle is fine. They did give us notice that this will happen. And will happen again in the future. There are now three profiles you need to configure. Pilot, copilot and gunner. Beware that for single player ALL axis needs to be equal for the two pilots. My toe brakes are auto bound to pitch and roll, (this is ridiculous behavior, and depends on how the hardware vendor has named the axis. Apologies ED, but it's time controls are not auto bound unless there's a predefined setup for known hardware. At least let us supply you with profiles for known hardware from the various hardware vendors we have. Rudders in particular), for both pilots. And even if I did remember and rebound everything correctly for the pilot, I didn't get why the Gazelle behaved so strange until I opened the Controls Indicator. Then it dawned on me.
I repeat. This will rehappen in the future. It was all in the change logs from Polychop.
Cheers!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1