New Beta app from Nvidia to enable RTX HDR in all games

Humm??

null

image.png

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Nvidia can "polish it" as much as they want, but nothing will ever beat this: 

https://github.com/Orbmu2k/nvidiaProfileInspector

Edited by LucShep
  • Like 1

CGTC Caucasus retexture mod  |  A-10A cockpit retexture mod  |  Shadows reduced impact mod  |  DCS 2.5.6  (the best version for performance, VR or 2D)

DCS terrain modules_July23_27pc_ns.pngDCS aircraft modules_July23_27pc_ns.png  aka Luke Marqs; call sign "Ducko" =

Spoiler

Win10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 12700K (@5.1/5.0p + 3.9e) | 64GB DDR4 @3466 CL16 (Crucial Ballistix) | RTX 3090 24GB EVGA FTW3 Ultra | 2TB NVMe (MP600 Pro XT) + 500GB SSD (WD Blue) + 3TB HDD (Toshiba P300) + 1TB HDD (WD Blue) | Corsair RMX 850W | Asus Z690 TUF+ D4 | TR PA120SE | Fractal Meshify C | UAD Volt1 + Sennheiser HD-599SE | 7x USB 3.0 Hub | 50'' 4K Philips 7608/12 UHD TV (+Head Tracking) | HP Reverb G1 Pro (VR) | TM Warthog + Logitech X56 

Is that app supposed to replace GForce Experience?

• Like 1

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

23 hours ago, VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants said:

Humm??

null

image.png

Do not enable Dynamic Vibrance

3 minutes ago, SharpeXB said:

Yes, might be be good for faked spotting?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, okopanja said:

Yes, might be be good for faked spotting?

?

HDR would indeed help spotting but I don’t think the Nvidia faked HDR will look very good. Games seem to have a hard time doing HDR without overdoing it. Might be interesting to try it but wouldn’t hope for too much. 

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

On 2/24/2024 at 9:27 PM, SharpeXB said:

If I understood correctly, it is supposed to replace both - Geforce Craperience AND the NCP eventually. I really hope that it will remain optional, though, because I frickin' hate Geforce Experience.

For artificial HDR and similar I prefer Reshade. Much more control over different aspects of the picture. 

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

3 minutes ago, Hiob said:

If I understood correctly, it is supposed to replace both - Geforce Craperience AND the NCP eventually. I really hope that it will remain optional, though, because I frickin' hate Geforce Experience.

For artificial HDR and similar I prefer Reshade. Much more control over different aspects of the picture. 

I think the plan is also to integrate nvidia control panel...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, okopanja said:

I think the plan is also to integrate nvidia control panel...

Yes, that's what I said. It is just not totally clear to me, if the old "Geforce Experience" functions like overlay telemetry and such will be forced upon you or can in someway be skipped. I would prefer the Geforce-Drivers to stay lightweight. But I don't really believe my wishes will come true. Eventually it will be forced upon us.......(I think)

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

• 2 weeks later...

i tried adding dcs.exe to the new Nvidia App and enabling RTX HDR however I noticed no difference in-sim...

do you have to enable it or run it in a different way?

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

6 hours ago, dresoccer4 said:

i tried adding dcs.exe to the new Nvidia App and enabling RTX HDR however I noticed no difference in-sim...

do you have to enable it or run it in a different way?

I don't think that it neccessarily works in all games. Especially not it games that have no RTX features in the first place and operate on DX11 or older......

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hiob said:

I don't think that it neccessarily works in all games. Especially not it games that have no RTX features in the first place and operate on DX11 or older......

ah so maybe it needs dx12 to work. i thought i had seen folks say they got it to work but i haven't been able to

• Like 1

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

50 minutes ago, dresoccer4 said:

ah so maybe it needs dx12 to work. i thought i had seen folks say they got it to work but i haven't been able to

It‘s only an assumption. I don’t know exactly how it is supposed to work. 

• Like 1

I see a pretty clear difference between having it enabled and disabled.

Once you've added DCS.exe, you need to enable RTX Dynamic Vibrance.  I spent a bit of time tweaking it as the default settings are overly aggressive for my liking.

10 hours ago, Biggus said:

I see a pretty clear difference between having it enabled and disabled.

Once you've added DCS.exe, you need to enable RTX Dynamic Vibrance.  I spent a bit of time tweaking it as the default settings are overly aggressive for my liking.

Oh it does work in DCS? i took screenshot with both the new RTX features on and off and compared them side by side and there was no difference on my end. so thats why some of us in this thread thought it might not work in DCS.

can you take a look at my settings in the screenshot and let me know if you notice any glaring issues? i would really like to get this working

null

image.png

Make sure, you have enabled HDR in Windows. I think that is needed to make it work.

1 hour ago, Hiob said:

Make sure, you have enabled HDR in Windows. I think that is needed to make it work.

weird, i was reading in other threads that you need to DISABLE auto hdr in order for rtx hdr to work,

What do you mean by "auto"-HDR?

Maybe I start to mix things up in my head. I need to find the video on this..... 🤔

HDR and Auto HDR are these two things. Auto HDR does not appear to work with DCS. I haven't tried it on anything else.

HDR Windows.jpg

Edited by SharpeXB

The first item is what I had in mind. Wasn't even aware of the second option.

14 hours ago, dresoccer4 said:

Oh it does work in DCS? i took screenshot with both the new RTX features on and off and compared them side by side and there was no difference on my end. so thats why some of us in this thread thought it might not work in DCS.

can you take a look at my settings in the screenshot and let me know if you notice any glaring issues? i would really like to get this working

null

image.png

Here's my Nvidia settings:

hdr.jpg

This is with no HDR:

DCS.exe Screenshot 2024.02.24 - 14.39.34.85.png

This is with HDR and the standard settings:

DCS.exe Screenshot 2024.02.24 - 14.40.32.03.png

Looks just brighter and over-saturated. I mean, this is the main menu still. Not very telling. It is much more important what "HDR" can do in flight situations, especially in difficult lighting conditions.

However - I would be surprised if this RTX fake HDR (and it is still fake) would look any different better, than Reshade HDR-filters. Probably does the same anyway.

I'm happy to be proven wrong though!