SU-25T cockpit windows with camo texture after updating to DCS 2.9

Go to solution Solved by Art-J,

I have just updated to DCS 2.9 from DCS 2.8 yesterday, when I tried flying the SU-25T in DCS 2.8 everything was alright, however in DCS 2.9 whenever I pilot the SU-25T I see a camo texture on the windows which doesn't allow me to see through.

I tried uninstalling some cockpit mods I had, however nothing changed. I am posting this in DCS 2.9 bugs as this didn't happen in DCS 2.8.

Any answers or fixes would be very appreciated.

image_2024-03-02_101509394.png

• Solution

Do the usual DCS troubleshooting then: make sure there are no active mods not only in game root folder, but also in Saved Games location, then run repair command, preferrably the "slow" one. What you see is just some texture files missing, if there are no mods interfering with the game, repair will download and reinstall these.

• Like 2

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

4 hours ago, polak_3 said:

Any answers or fixes would be very appreciated.

agree with art-j. this is evidence of bad textures. remove all mods and run a repair.

• Like 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Art-J said:

Do the usual DCS troubleshooting then: make sure there are no active mods not only in game root folder, but also in Saved Games location, then run repair command, preferrably the "slow" one. What you see is just some texture files missing, if there are no mods interfering with the game, repair will download and reinstall these.

Thank you, I've cleaned up and repaired DCS. However, I just loaded in a mission and the problem is still there. The cockpit windows are still placeholder textures. I'll try to repair again and see if that does anything.

Edit: Repair might have not worked as I forgot to remove mods from Saved Games folder.

Edited by polak_3

Yes, keep in mind repair and cleanup processes check only root game folder but not Saved Games one, so if there's anything hidden somewhere there that causes problems, repair and cleanup won't help, unfortunately.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Art-J said:

Yes, keep in mind repair and cleanup processes check only root game folder but not Saved Games one, so if there's anything hidden somewhere there that causes problems, repair and cleanup won't help, unfortunately.

I have removed all mods, done clean up, done repair, and loaded in a mission, and I can see through the windows again! Thank you so much!

Edit: Also seems to have installed open-beta which is nice. (It said installed DCS 2.9 openbeta after doing repair)

image_2024-03-02_184925492.png

Edited by polak_3
  • Like 2

It actually turns out the game didn't have any missing textures. It was a cockpit mod that I had, and seems like it was quite outdated. I removed it right now and the windows are clear and see-through. I actually had the issue again yesterday after adding my mods back, but gave up on searching why. Today, I checked my tech mods folder and the mod was also there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, polak_3 said:

It actually turns out the game didn't have any missing textures. It was a cockpit mod that I had, and seems like it was quite outdated. I removed it right now and the windows are clear and see-through. I actually had the issue again yesterday after adding my mods back, but gave up on searching why. Today, I checked my tech mods folder and the mod was also there.

give the mod devs some time and they may put out an update for the latest patch.

• Like 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Is it a clear glass mod?

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk