First time in the SU-25T

So, this is my first time in the SU-25T. The manual provided isn't all that great. Is there a manual around that has an actual start-up procedure in it? Also, my mouse disappeared. Every other module I have, I get the mouse so I can click on switches, but not this one. Does it need to be mapped to something so I can click on things?

Former SSG US Army

UH-60A/L/M Crewchief

"2 To Fly!"

Hi H60MTI,

the "Frogfoot" isn't a full-fidelity so you can only use shortcuts for sensors, flaps, gear etc.

Edited by Atari800XL

DCS MT😍, all maps except channel, FC3, F-16C Viper, F-15E, F/A-18C, AH-64D, F-5E, F-4E, P-51D, Spitfire, Fw-190D, MiG-21bis, L-39, AJS-37
Supercarrier, WWII-AP, CA, TrackIR5, F/A-18-Stick + Thrustmaster 16000, Stream Deck 8x4, 2x MFD Cougar
Ryzen9 5950X SMT off, 64GB RAM, RTX 4070 SUPER TI, UWQHD 3440x1440, Win11+DCS from separate M.2

Well...That explains a lot then. Is that why the mouse disappears when I go from my right monitor to my left, which has DCS running on it?

Former SSG US Army

UH-60A/L/M Crewchief

"2 To Fly!"

You can handle this within the game-options:

image.png

Edited by Atari800XL

DCS MT😍, all maps except channel, FC3, F-16C Viper, F-15E, F/A-18C, AH-64D, F-5E, F-4E, P-51D, Spitfire, Fw-190D, MiG-21bis, L-39, AJS-37
Supercarrier, WWII-AP, CA, TrackIR5, F/A-18-Stick + Thrustmaster 16000, Stream Deck 8x4, 2x MFD Cougar
Ryzen9 5950X SMT off, 64GB RAM, RTX 4070 SUPER TI, UWQHD 3440x1440, Win11+DCS from separate M.2

I don't want it confined. My settings are right. If I'm in my F15-E and I move the mouse around, I can see the mouse in game and I can click on things. The Frog, not so much. I can move my mouse around all day long, but I can't see where it is. Don't know if that makes sense or not.

Former SSG US Army

UH-60A/L/M Crewchief

"2 To Fly!"

I don't want it confined. My settings are right. If I'm in my F15-E and I move the mouse around, I can see the mouse in game and I can click on things. The Frog, not so much. I can move my mouse around all day long, but I can't see where it is. Don't know if that makes sense or not.
Never thought of that. But why do you care whether you see the mouse or not. It's unusable anyway. Except for the radio menu, and if you click the middle button. Then you can look around.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

MAX, that's what I was wondering about. I get the Frog isn't full-fid, is that why the mouse isn't there? 

• Like 1

Former SSG US Army

UH-60A/L/M Crewchief

"2 To Fly!"

1 minute ago, H60MTI said:

MAX, that's what I was wondering about. I get the Frog isn't full-fid, is that why the mouse isn't there? 

Correct.

But if you still want to have the yellow crosshair, either double tap the mouse wheel or I believe LAlt+C enables the cursor. 

• Like 1

Probably. Never crossed my mind. Before I got VAICOM, I was using the F keys, for the radio anyway, and now that we can map a hat for the menu, the mouse is not needed at all. If you have a headtracker that is.

vor 29 Minuten schrieb H60MTI:

Now I know what you mean, sorry! LAlt + C works and gives you the yellow crosshair as raz0r said before.

• Like 1

I also rediscovered the Su-25 & Su-25T. If they were so much FUN as FC3! What would it be like if they were available as full fidelity modules...that would be something!

• Like 1

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

22 hours ago, H60MTI said:

Is there a manual around that has an actual start-up procedure in it?

From page 46:

Cold Engine Start Procedure From the Parking Ramp

1. Turn on the auxiliary power unit (APU) with the [RShift-L] key and confirm that all instrument indications on the dash and HUD are operating normally.
2. Set the throttles to the idle position.
3. Start both engines with the [RShift-Home] key, or sequentially start the right engine - [RCtrl-Home] key and then the left engine - [RAlt-Home] key.
4. Check engine compressor fans turning on the tachometer indicator and engine RPM stabilizes at 33%.
5. Check the turbine gas temperature on the exhaust gas indicator. The exhaust gas temperature should be around 440 degrees.

If you start the engine with the throttles not set to idle, the engine will be flooded with fuel and the engine will be held-up in an intermediate position. An uncontrollable engine temperature rise may also result and start an engine fire.

In such a situation, immediately stop the engine(s) - [RShift-End]. After a full engine shutdown, wait one to five minutes for the engine to cool off, and then try to repeat the startup procedure.

To speed up the engine start procedure it is also possible to perform an engine relight. To do this, wait for the second stage of the engine spin-up to reach at least 16% RPM; then move the throttles to their maximum thrust position.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

An important factor in the startup that is not explicitly mentioned anywhere is that with a cold start, you need to wait 2.5 minutes from the time you turn on electrical power to the time you start moving in order for the navigation system to align.  You can rearm and start engines during that time, but don't start taxiing until 2.5 minutes after turning on electrical power.  I bound a HOTAS key to start the stopwatch in the cockpit, which I hit just after turning on the power.

This 2.5 minute alignment time is also needed in the Su-25A, but AFAIK is not needed in any of the other FC3 planes.

If you don't wait the full 2.5 minutes before starting to taxi, you'll notice that your compass (and HUD in the Su-25T) will start showing the wrong heading after doing some hard maneuvering.

Edited by SlipHavoc
  • Like 1

I guess the big thing is that the 25 isn't full fidelity. I'm yelling at my computer monitor to show me where the switches to flick so I can crank the sucker. It's weird going from Apaches, Eagles, Hornets to something like the SU-25. It's all keystrokes versus flicking switches. 

Former SSG US Army

UH-60A/L/M Crewchief

"2 To Fly!"

I guess the big thing is that the 25 isn't full fidelity. I'm yelling at my computer monitor to show me where the switches to flick so I can crank the sucker. It's weird going from Apaches, Eagles, Hornets to something like the SU-25. It's all keystrokes versus flicking switches. 
Well, if you're already yelling. Give VoiceAttack a look.

• Like 1