Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

Hornet already out of Early Access?

Go to solution Solved by NineLine,

vor 2 Stunden schrieb NineLine:

Bug reports are marked as reported and ONLY closed when they have been submitted to the team to be fixed. Your '+1' does nothing to help forward the process and it only makes more posts for us to look at. Also:

1.14 It's forbidden to create threads/topics containing in their title/body:

- hyperbolic, rude or strong language, also partially or completely masked by other symbols like @#$%^, etc;
- no relation to forum section (flame);
- no relation to the topic (off-topic);
- please avoid low-effort posts like "+1", "me too", and similar (flood);
- same information covered in other sections/threads/posts (cross-posting);
- over 70% of capital letters for except for abbreviations;
- non-informative content/titles like: "Help me!", "I have a question...", "rant", "I don't know what to do", "+=Super Pack=+" or meaningless set of symbols and letters.

Titles or posts that break this rule will be subject to change or deletion of the thread/post. Repeated offences can result in warnings.

As seen here +1s are against the rules anyways. So we cannot be any more transparent about bugs assigned to the devs than we are already being by saying they are 'reported' means they are indeed assigned to the devs. Thanks.

Oh boy, so much rules. Those rules are here to be broken, you know how the system work. Do we really need those rules? The best thing is to not use the forum, so it will stay clear 🤣

• Like 3

10 hours ago, NineLine said:

Bug reports are marked as reported and ONLY closed when they have been submitted to the team to be fixed. Your '+1' does nothing to help forward the process and it only makes more posts for us to look at. Also:

1.14 It's forbidden to create threads/topics containing in their title/body:

- hyperbolic, rude or strong language, also partially or completely masked by other symbols like @#$%^, etc;
- no relation to forum section (flame);
- no relation to the topic (off-topic);
- please avoid low-effort posts like "+1", "me too", and similar (flood);
- same information covered in other sections/threads/posts (cross-posting);
- over 70% of capital letters for except for abbreviations;
- non-informative content/titles like: "Help me!", "I have a question...", "rant", "I don't know what to do", "+=Super Pack=+" or meaningless set of symbols and letters.

Titles or posts that break this rule will be subject to change or deletion of the thread/post. Repeated offences can result in warnings.

As seen here +1s are against the rules anyways. So we cannot be any more transparent about bugs assigned to the devs than we are already being by saying they are 'reported' means they are indeed assigned to the devs. Thanks.

NineLine, this is not what I asked. I want to know which bugs are being worked on. This is very different than bugs submitted to the team. I'm sorry, but '+1 -ing' a bug report seems like the only way to get attention because some of those bugs just remain reported for years. The 'OFFSET' implementation is a great example of this. 

Edited by BarTzi
  • Like 4

On 4/12/2024 at 1:39 PM, Rissala said:

it seems odd that there isn't an announcement for official release...

Yeah, this just looks bad.

I'm not going to argue whether all the EA features have been included/finished, but the optics are extremely poor. It looks like a company just trying quietly and discreetly to decide their product is complete, without publicity announcing it. The only reason this would be done, is because ED likely know there'd be substantial pushback form customers re the Hornet's present state.

Again, not saying ED are right or wrong to exit early access, but they definitely keep shooting PR own goals...

Edited by norman99
  • Like 9

vor 3 Stunden schrieb norman99:

Yeah, this just looks bad.

I'm not going to argue whether all the EA features have been included/finished, but the optics are extremely poor.

Hello Sir, me as an F-18 Hornet Pilot (DCS) have to disagree with your statement. It's simply not true!
The Hornet looks simply very good from outside and cockpit too. The only one thing i never liked are the booth DDI left/right. They were green, then now they became darker and they always looked very ugly. I found for me a solution, i just replaced those DDI with other texture and now it looks for me perfect. Else i cant say, that the Hornet from ED looks bad.

It could be possible to improve something, for sure. But as it is, it is in my opinion the best looking Jet in DCS.

Screenshot 2024-04-15 150345ww.jpg

Screenshot 2024-04-15 150345-min.png

• Like 1

On 4/15/2024 at 12:41 PM, norman99 said:

It looks like a company just trying quietly and discreetly to decide their product is complete, without publicity announcing it.

On 4/15/2024 at 12:41 PM, norman99 said:

Again, not saying ED are right or wrong to exit early access

Same thoughts from me as well. I am not to judge when the plane is ready for release. It isn't my product nor my company

BUT,

This sort of "quiet" release implies low confidence in the product. Actually no, this absolutely screams low confindence and a lack of passion for this product. Its just the way it is. No way of getting around it. People in this community will always find out anyways. And in my personal opinion, this type of release is more harmful for this product as opposed to releasing it with full confidence even with its flaws.

ED gave a full trailer with newsletters when a map was released from EA.
image.png
I would not even be annoyed that it still has some issues. Nothing is perfect, ever. I believe a lot of people still like the Hornet as a module as much as I do.

But if I worked as a dev for something as defining as the Hornet is for DCS, for more than half a decade, I would find it massively insulting that the result isn't even worth a mention from the company.
Seriously ED, why do it this way? Every 3rd party developer is actually proud of what they do. And you are not?

Edited by Rissala
  • Like 7

There are a number of things missing or wrongly implemented. The FM has several issues, MSI is non existent, radar locking is still problematic, engine nozzles not closing when moving throttles from IDLE etc. 

These things have been reported to no avail. Yet you ask for bug reports, more of our time spent on reporting, only to be censored or thread locked and forgotten? 

Come on guys, let's not tell each other fairy tales, we're too old and we've seen the same movie over and over again. 
It's out of EA, ED moved on and the policy is to keep the forums clean, so the product looks good and keeps selling. I've been around long enough and rarely post here for a reason. 

• Like 4

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

• ED Team
5 minutes ago, bkthunder said:

There are a number of things missing or wrongly implemented. The FM has several issues, MSI is non existent, radar locking is still problematic, engine nozzles not closing when moving throttles from IDLE etc. 

These things have been reported to no avail. Yet you ask for bug reports, more of our time spent on reporting, only to be censored or thread locked and forgotten? 

Come on guys, let's not tell each other fairy tales, we're too old and we've seen the same movie over and over again. 
It's out of EA, ED moved on and the policy is to keep the forums clean, so the product looks good and keeps selling. I've been around long enough and rarely post here for a reason. 

No matter what you might think I can assure you work continues on the F/A-18C. If and when we want to make a big fanfare about being out of EA we will do so, but we have things we are still working on. 

As for the comment above about low confidence, that couldn't be farther from the truth. The DCS: F/A-18C is a solid module even with some polishing still needing to be done. 

As far as bug reports we still try and make sure they are all added so the team knows and can prioritize them as needed. I am more of a WWII guy but for modern the F/A-18C is still my personal go-to aircraft. I just upgraded my HOTAS setup with WINWING F/A-18 stuff and I love the aircraft. Again, yes there are some things to be done still and bugs that exist and need to be addressed we will get to them all. 

I honestly am not up on the big fanfare releases because no matter how complete at the time, someone may have an issue with something and honestly fanfare for release feels like a goodbye to development when we still have things we want to do. 

I know some of you might not agree with me, or think I am lying or spinning the truth, but this is all facts. Really the only thing that has changed on the F/A-18C development is some text lines on the store page. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

vor 6 Stunden schrieb NineLine:

No matter what you might think I can assure you work continues on the F/A-18C. If and when we want to make a big fanfare about being out of EA we will do so, but we have things we are still working on. 

As for the comment above about low confidence, that couldn't be farther from the truth. The DCS: F/A-18C is a solid module even with some polishing still needing to be done. 

As far as bug reports we still try and make sure they are all added so the team knows and can prioritize them as needed. I am more of a WWII guy but for modern the F/A-18C is still my personal go-to aircraft. I just upgraded my HOTAS setup with WINWING F/A-18 stuff and I love the aircraft. Again, yes there are some things to be done still and bugs that exist and need to be addressed we will get to them all. 

I honestly am not up on the big fanfare releases because no matter how complete at the time, someone may have an issue with something and honestly fanfare for release feels like a goodbye to development when we still have things we want to do. 

I know some of you might not agree with me, or think I am lying or spinning the truth, but this is all facts. Really the only thing that has changed on the F/A-18C development is some text lines on the store page. 

You @NineLine don't have to justify yourself to anyone! There will always be someone who constantly demands something different. You can never justify it to everyone. Those who know ED also know that they deliver. There is no doubt about that. 

Some time ago I had a job where I had to deal with people. It doesn't matter what you offer them or how good you are, there will always be someone who will ruin everything. My offers were excellent, but at some point it became too stupid and I stopped. It's difficult to work with people these days. Since then I have felt very good and absolutely enjoyed my time. Therefore, great respect to the people who deal directly with all kinds of people. 

Someone can handle it and someone cannot. What I learned from my story is this: If you're a crook and a con artist, people love you. But if you're honest with them and stay fair, you can't get away with that, at least in this day and age. And in my case, either I stay honest and maintain my dignity, or I screw people over. Such people get what they deserve. Thank you ED, we appreciate your work and most of us also know that you can't do magic, everything takes time.

Have a great time 🫡

Edited by Omega1-1