Trains

Go to solution Solved by razo+r,

Hello ,
small question for a beginner with the mission editor. I can place a train on the track and program it to go from one point to another, but the train does not appear.
I must have made a mistake or it's a bug. I've searched the internet without success.
any precious help would be welcome and thank you in advance.
 good flights to all!
Pierre.

i will try again and let you know

thanks for your help i appreciate so much

i am sure its me making a mistake !!

now when i add a point for the train its not anymore on the track ...

Its working now. i see the trains with left ctrl f12

i think it was because i place the train not exactly in the center of the railroad.

i have to check if i see them now when flying

thanks to you for the help

nice flights

Pierre

just wondering, are there any other tricks to getting trains to show up when placed in ME?  Nevermind for now, because I found static train cars to place for a cargo lift mission I'm working on.  Thanks for reading! 

Edited by Talvid

VR rig - stinkin' cool!

• Solution
On 4/12/2024 at 10:58 PM, Talvid said:

just wondering, are there any other tricks to getting trains to show up when placed in ME?  Nevermind for now, because I found static train cars to place for a cargo lift mission I'm working on.  Thanks for reading! 

There should not be any tricks needed. Just place them down, add some carts, move the unit icon so it snaps to the railway and add a waypoint and it should be set.

Sounds good, but I never find "my" train by using Lctrl+F12. Any help available ?

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

The Trains really need so serious attention, they are terrible...running below the tracks...wheels that dont turn....HOPELESS

• Like 2

Asus ROG MAXIMUS X Formula

Intel i7- 8700K 4.8ghz

Asus GTX 2080ti OC edition

64 Gb RAM at 3200mhz

Kraken X 72 cooler

Samsung CHG90 monitor at 144 htz

DCS on M.2 drive 500 Gb

2 minutes ago, Rene Coulon said:

The Trains really need so serious attention, they are terrible...running below the tracks...wheels that dont turn....HOPELESS

I agree and i have made comments for ages about them but nothing is done .

I cannot see how they passed quality control and have been running around like this for so many years.  

I ended up building my own Locomotives and Rolling stock for Normandy 2.

I used to post enthusiastic regular updates of my progress with lots of ideas about my 3d modelling progress train control and using a DML timetable schedule but interest was very limited and i felt like i was talking to myself so i pulled the plug on the project.

23 hours ago, ex81 said:

Sounds good, but I never find "my" train by using Lctrl+F12. Any help available ?

Turn off civilian traffic so only your train is on the map?

11 minutes ago, waterman said:

I agree and i have made comments for ages about them but nothing is done .

I cannot see how they passed quality control and have been running around like this for so many years.  

I ended up building my own Locomotives and Rolling stock for Normandy 2.

I used to post enthusiastic regular updates of my progress with lots of ideas about my 3d modelling progress train control and using a DML timetable schedule but interest was very limited and i felt like i was talking to myself so i pulled the plug on the project.

Hi, Thats exactly how I feel. Its a real pity you shelved the development....It would be really great to have Propper Locos and Rolling stock for Normandy.

Asus ROG MAXIMUS X Formula

Intel i7- 8700K 4.8ghz

Asus GTX 2080ti OC edition

64 Gb RAM at 3200mhz

Kraken X 72 cooler

Samsung CHG90 monitor at 144 htz

DCS on M.2 drive 500 Gb

@waterman

I may have not made any comments, but I was following your progress with great interest.

I am saddened you pulled the plug.

Was looking forward to this add on.

EightBalls trains never worked for me.

I do not know why.

And the DCS trains leave a lot to be desired.

Would you consider re staring this project?

I am willing to assist in any way I can

My end goal, is a full set of WWII locos and cars.

And a few armed trains for fun!

What say you?

I LOVE trains!

I love shooting them even more!

SuntSag created a few train strafing missions.

I want WWII trains to shoot!

Thanks for considering my request!

Cheers!

(Thanks Dad1 My train influencer!)

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

On 4/16/2024 at 12:47 PM, SMH said:

Turn off civilian traffic so only your train is on the map?

Yes, that`s a nice workaround.

• Like 1

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet