Whats the status?

Rhinozherous

So, almost a week since razbams announcement that they trie to not abandon things....

What is the status? 

• Like 5

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

I'm sure you saw this post. OP has a point. Until they are actively supporting that product again, it is a dead project and should not be listed for sale.  They state things will get worked out and don't mind taking in $$$ while they are ASSuming. null

image.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I saw that post. The problem is, any threads querying (frankly, legitimately) the status are locked.

I'm sorry to say because I'm a big DCS fan but I think it's poor form that there was a public meltdown between RAZBAM and ED a week or 2 ago and there's been radio silence since. We as consumers couldn't care less about the reasons for the spat, but what we do care about is when we are going to receive some updates to the products we've purchased. Yes, we bought these in Early Access but we did so in good faith - we gave our money before a finalised product was released on the understanding that we consumers would identify bugs and those bugs would be updated as time goes on.

Not to speak for others but for me personally, this type of situation really puts me off putting cash into future EA releases. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

I doubt we are going to hear anything much until the next patch is due. Too many downsides to commenting publicly until they have something concrete to offer. And I suspect that relatively few people who are holding off making new purchases will change their mind on the basis of anything said now. What is going to matter is how quickly they can show concrete results: bug fixes, and the new features we have been promised. Getting back on track is far more important than providing statements that end up producing another round of speculation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AndyJWest said:

I doubt we are going to hear anything much until the next patch is due. Too many downsides to commenting publicly until they have something concrete to offer. And I suspect that relatively few people who are holding off making new purchases will change their mind on the basis of anything said now. What is going to matter is how quickly they can show concrete results: bug fixes, and the new features we have been promised. Getting back on track is far more important than providing statements that end up producing another round of speculation.

Yep in my case, and the people in my group, the fact they have used the buyers as pawns, has turned us away from their product and any future products they may come out with. In fact, this has put a halt on purchases other than those modules direct from ED.

Edited by RickJamesBish
  • Like 9

I also think that this shows the mindset of razbam and ed.

In all the youtube videos at the end of the year and when there is a jubilee they state that we customers are soooooo important and stuff... NOW is the time to show how important your customers are to you! 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Early Access and KickStarter are two complete different sories.
If i pay for a Kickstarter project i know that the developer will start developing when and IF they gain enough money. From the beginning on i know that might never happen so i know about the risks.
If i purchase a product in EA like the Strike Eagle it means the product is already in developement and at a stage where i can already use it.
It means i pay for a finished product assuming i will get all the remaining features later on until the product is finished.
It does not mean i pay for a finished product and don´t know if the product will ever be finished or even available.

Long story short:
KickStarter: Paying for a product and knowing about the fact that maybe it will never be realized and the money is gone - taking the risk or not.
EA: Paying for the finished product and knowing that i will have to deal with something unfinished until it is finished one day.

But let them sort out their problems and then we will see - i think (hope) they will be back in business sooner or later and we will get a finished SE one day.
And then it`s time for the Flogger 😉

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Darth Holliday said:

64% of all KickStarter Programs fail...Early Access = KickStarter ..

The phrase “caveat emptor” is Latin for “let the buyer beware.”

Kickstarter and EA is not remotely the same.

• Like 9

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

14 minutes ago, Darth Holliday said:

"Kickstarter and EA is not remotely the same. "

If you say so....

Yes I say so, the difference should be very obvious, but just in case I spell it out for you:

The average Kickstarter campaign has a concept, nothing else. An early mock-up at best. 

Now try to find the difference to EA, where you basically pay to be an beta-tester (for the benefit of having, you know, Access to it, whilst it gets finished). But it is 90% done and you can actually use it.

• Like 12

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Crowd Funding and Early Access are not even remotely the same.

• Like 9

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

vor 44 Minuten schrieb Hiob:

Yes I say so, the difference should be very obvious, but just in case I spell it out for you:

The average Kickstarter campaign has a concept, nothing else. An early mock-up at best. 

Now try to find the difference to EA, where you basically pay to be an beta-tester (for the benefit of having, you know, Access to it, whilst it gets finished). But it is 90% done and you can actually use it.

That's it :thumbup:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cupra said:

But EA also can be that there will be months or even maybe years without progress 😉 You pay, get a bit to use and it is finished when it is finished. 😉 No need for weekly updates 

It is one thing when you have a slow development... but it is an entirely other thing when the dev of the product says "I stop doing ANYTHING with my products you have already payed for and maybe all of them are dead"..... in this case I DEMAND weekly updates!

• Like 3

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

vor 18 Minuten schrieb Rhinozherous:

... but it is an entirely other thing when the dev of the product says "I stop doing ANYTHING with my products you have already payed for and maybe all of them are dead"..... in this case I DEMAND weekly updates!

In this case you would already have your final update on this.
But let them first concentrate on solving the problems and then answering our questions. That should be the order of their priorities....

• Like 4

This’ll be locked soon as it seems most discussions on the subject are. At least, if they’re in English they have been.

There’s no point in making demands. I demand to see a doctor and win the lottery but it doesn’t mean I’m gonna.

As far as the status goes it’s radio silence which is no good to any of us. Razbams problem isn’t with anyone but ED. Obviously they want to carry on making and supporting their products and customers. We can ramble on with different theories but really, we may as well sit tight. They either sort out their contracts or they don’t. We’ll see.

Things have gone far enough for at least two of the Raz team for them to say they won’t do anything more for DCS. That’s us screwed so we’d best hope something brings them round to a different perspective. I’ve read from both parties that everyone wants to work it out and I’m sure if communication is better they will. Let’s hope so. It hasn’t been dealt with well so far, let’s give everyone the chance to put things right and we can all get our goodies updated etc.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Rhinozherous said:

It is one thing when you have a slow development... but it is an entirely other thing when the dev of the product says "I stop doing ANYTHING with my products you have already payed for and maybe all of them are dead"..... in this case I DEMAND weekly updates!

If that was the last statement in the matter (if it was ever phrased this way in the first place), but it wasn't. 

I really wished people were similar fast to process new information as they are with getting angry. (....and "demanding")

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Hiob said:

If that was the last statement in the matter (if it was ever phrased this way in the first place), but it wasn't. 

I really wished people were similar fast to process new information as they are with getting angry. (....and "demanding")

There was enough time processing the information and it boils down to "Maybe we continue, maybe we do not" and then.... radio silence. Maybe you are a deeply relaxed person, but for me, yes this makes me angry.

Edited by Rhinozherous
  • Like 2

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

5 minutes ago, Rhinozherous said:

There was enough time processing the information and it boils down to "Maybe we continue, maybe we do not" 

Quote Razbam:

Dear customers and community RAZBAM Simulations is actively working with EAGLE DYNAMICS to reach an agreement to resolve our internal dispute and we don't want the discussion that our public declaration has generated to escalate any further. We want to assure you that it has never been nor will it be our intention to abandon our products. We look forward to a prompt and satisfactory resolution, turn the page, and move forward.

We have different ways of processing information - that's for sure.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Hiob said:

Kickstarter and EA is not remotely the same.

How, LOL?!

• Like 1

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

Just now, Tiger-II said:

How, LOL?!

Yes... LOL indeed...... 🙄

• Like 3

vor 27 Minuten schrieb rlm_easy:

If you have problems understanding, or agreeing to the concept of Early Access do not buy the product. Nobody forced you or put a gun to your head to do so.

Thats just the standard answer on complaints about missing features or slow development. But thats not the point of this discussion. People are affraid the Strike Eagle could be cancelled completely and you need to understand that THIS is for sure NOT the concept of EA.
Again: when you buy EA you buy a NOT YET finished product at a certain developement stage for the full price but you expect it to be finished one day and not cancelled and maybe even removed from the game at all because the core game doesn't support it anymore.

But i'm always optimistic and i guess everything will be fine sooner or later. As Hiob already quoted: no one wants to abandon the RB products.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2