Support FFB on Rudder axis

With the proliferation of FFB devices, mostly thanks to Walmis with VPForce Rhino, there was the talks of creating FFB rudder pedals.

IIRC, the kit for MFG rudder pedals will be available soon, but from what the devs are saying DCS does not support FFB effects on the Rudder axis, only for Pitch/Roll.

Main use case would be to support anti-torque pedals trimming for the helos that support it, but also to offload some of the haptic feedback to the pedals as well.

I have searched the thread, didn't found another thread so I'm making this one. Please, take this into consideration, folks with FFB pedals will be really happy and by the looks of it, there'll be more and more of them.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Vakarian said:

With the proliferation of FFB devices, mostly thanks to Walmis with VPForce Rhino, there was the talks of creating FFB rudder pedals.

IIRC, the kit for MFG rudder pedals will be available soon, but from what the devs are saying DCS does not support FFB effects on the Rudder axis, only for Pitch/Roll.

Main use case would be to support anti-torque pedals trimming for the helos that support it, but also to offload some of the haptic feedback to the pedals as well.

I have searched the thread, didn't found another thread so I'm making this one. Please, take this into consideration, folks with FFB pedals will be really happy and by the looks of it, there'll be more and more of them.

Yes please, I have FFB stick, sadly the FFB effects are completely modual dependent. ED made warbirds do not have very good FFB.  While F14 and Viggen has great.

I have MFG pedals, so will definitely get a FFB kit for them.

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

Worse yet is that DCS does not take account which device and which axis is bound in the controls. If there are multiple FFB devices, DCS will send X,Y axis effects and trim position to multiple FFB  devices. So if you have FFB stick and pedals connected at the same time, both pedals and stick will receive the stick (x,y) trim position. Luckily we made workarounds when using TelemFFB.

Additionally DCS could add more data to export.lua interface, such as actual trim position, the rest we can implement in TelemFFB app.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

This has to get pushed through at accelerated rate! While few have FFB-stick, and even fewer have FFB-pedals, it is quintessential for flying. It's also such a basic functionality, core to any simulation being serious about its objective, that its importance cannot be overstated!

ED, please do get on point here.

Edited by zerO_crash

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

16 часов назад, Mnemonic сказал:

Brunner produces FFB pedals, would be nice to have this supported, as eventually we will see cheaper alternatives on the market.

Brunner device
Motors - 0.47nm
price ~2k$

FFBeast device
Motors - 15nm
price ~600-800$

nullFFBeast_pers-02.png

Спойлер

photo_2024-04-11_16-23-19.jpgphoto_2024-03-22_02-42-46.jpgphoto_2024-02-23_21-34-28.jpgphoto_2023-09-23_00-19-02.jpgphoto_2024-03-20_05-37-42.jpg

image.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, shwed said:

Brunner device
Motors - 0.47nm
price ~2k$

FFBeast device
Motors - 15nm
price ~600-800$

nullFFBeast_pers-02.png

Hide contents

photo_2024-04-11_16-23-19.jpgphoto_2024-03-22_02-42-46.jpgphoto_2024-02-23_21-34-28.jpgphoto_2023-09-23_00-19-02.jpgphoto_2024-03-20_05-37-42.jpg

image.jpeg

I'm using Brunner CLS-E with CLS-E MK. II rudder pedals. Splendid quality and build. Getting the CLS-P soon (want realistic loads).

*Brunner CLS-E - 4.2NM

Brunner CLS-P - 50NM

Interesting about the FFBeast, though. Never heard of it. Looks pretty neat too, esp. considering it's a DIY-build. Is this your initative, Shwed?

Это отправлено ЕД?

Edited by zerO_crash

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great! Brunner also updated their devices though, it's 6.8Nm for joystick CLS-E Mk.2 and cost is 1.2k and not 2k.

Pedals cost 1.8k and they improved force for motors as well.

But that's not the point, the point is - there are and will be FFB devices (joysticks and pedals) in different price ranges, and features, which is nice.