Most beautiful Jet Aircraft

Hiob

Most beautiful Jet Aircraft  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What is the most beautiful (in a Ferrari 250 GTO vs. Fiat Multipla sense) Jet Aircraft in your Opinion? Not module, but Aircraft the module is based on. (Variants included)

• F-4 Phantom II
    • F-5 Tiger II
    • F-14 Tomcat
    • F-15 Eagle/Strike Eagle
    • F-16 Viper
    • F/A-18 Hornet
    • F-86 Sabre
    • Mirage F1
    • Mirage 2000
    • AV-8B Harrier
    • AJS Viggen
    • JF-17 Thunder
    • SU-25 Frogfoot
    • A-10 Thunderbolt II
    • MiG-15
    • MiG-19
    • MiG-21
    • MiG-29 Fulcrum
    • Su-27/33 Flanker
    • Other (out of space, sorry) - MB-339, C-101, L-39, A4-E

Hey Guys,

just a test for the Poll functionality, but I thought, I could as well ask a more or less interesting question.

What is in your opinion the most beautiful Jet Aircraft? I'm talking about the real plane, that the DCS module is based on.

Which one is the Ferrari 250 GTO and which one the Fiat Multipla?

Have a nice day!

I always liked the F-16 but over time the Mirage F1 grew on me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

33 minutes ago, Mainstay said:

The MiG-29 is the most beautiful looking aircraft out there for me

Would certainly be a runner up for me as well…..

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

F-14 Tomcat is, IMHO, the most beautiful Jet Aircraft ever created.

The proportions, the lines, the details, it's just... :dunno:...perfect. 
It's one of those man created objects that can well be considered a work of art, even if that never was the purpose.
Like the Supermarine Spitfire (WW2 warbird propeller aircraft) long before it, you simply can not ignore its "machine-beauty" appeal.

The original 80s T.G. movie and arcade video game (Afterburner!) may have brought it to cult status but, IMO, even without all that it would always be absolutely striking. 

To me, it's the equivalent to a Ducati 916 or a Ferrari Testarossa (or maybe an F40, but not a 250 GTO - there's no equivalent to that in aviation, IMO)
All of these are icons and reflections of their own respective time period but, regardless, with a timeless and unparalleled beautiful design.

Edited by LucShep
  • Like 2

CGTC Caucasus retexture mod  |  A-10A cockpit retexture mod  |  Shadows reduced impact mod  |  DCS 2.5.6  (the best version for performance, VR or 2D)

DCS terrain modules_July23_27pc_ns.pngDCS aircraft modules_July23_27pc_ns.png  aka Luke Marqs; call sign "Ducko" =

Spoiler

Win10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 12700K (@5.1/5.0p + 3.9e) | 64GB DDR4 @3466 CL16 (Crucial Ballistix) | RTX 3090 24GB EVGA FTW3 Ultra | 2TB NVMe (MP600 Pro XT) + 500GB SSD (WD Blue) + 3TB HDD (Toshiba P300) + 1TB HDD (WD Blue) | Corsair RMX 850W | Asus Z690 TUF+ D4 | TR PA120SE | Fractal Meshify C | UAD Volt1 + Sennheiser HD-599SE | 7x USB 3.0 Hub | 50'' 4K Philips 7608/12 UHD TV (+Head Tracking) | HP Reverb G1 Pro (VR) | TM Warthog + Logitech X56 

10 minutes ago, LucShep said:

F-14 Tomcat is, IMHO, the most beautiful Jet Aircraft ever created.

The proportions, the lines, the details, it's just... :dunno:...perfect. 
It's one of those man created objects that can well be considered a work of art, even if that never was the purpose.
A bit like the Supermarine Spitfire (WW2 warbird propeller aircraft) long before it, you simply can not ignore its "machine-beauty" appeal.

The original T.G. movie and 80s arcade video games (Afterburner!) may have brought it to cult status but, IMO, even without all that it would always be absolutely striking. 

To me, it's the equivalent to a Ducati 916 or a Ferrari Testarossa (or maybe an F40, but not a 250 GTO - there's no equivalent to that in aviation, IMO)
All of which are icons and reflections of their own respective time period, but with a common timeless beautiful design regardless.

I like the Tomcat, a lot. And it is an attractive plane. For me, its only problem is, that it is just too big to be perfect. ….and to complicated.

I find it more badass than beautiful. When I made this poll I had in fact, next to the 250 GTO a Ducati 916 in mind.

But I get why you like it! 😊

• Like 1

The F-16 is 50 years old and still looks like a modern/futuristic design. It's the ultimate iconic jet. There are lots of other I like but this is the Ferrari. Paint it red, put mirrored glass on the cockpit and take a look. 

• Like 1

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro

Just now, Qcumber said:

The F-16 is 50 years old and still looks like a modern/futuristic design. It's the ultimate iconic jet. There are lots of other I like but this is the Ferrari. Paint it red, put mirrored glass on the cockpit and take a look. 

IMG_1345.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

Interesting. Were was the Nike batteries placed if not by the air stations?

1 minute ago, Hiob said:

IMG_1345.jpeg

Has anyone done an F-16 red Ferrari DCS skin yet? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Qcumber said:

Yeah! The F-16 is way more Ferrari than the F-14!

6 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Yeah! The F-16 is way more Ferrari than the F-14!

still, it has something to it, I admit. Especially with wings fully swept back. Pure power - a different kind of beautiful.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Qcumber said:

Thinking about the age of the Viper, the design has indeed proven timeless. Unfortunately it is very rarely seen clean, but most of the times carrying bags or armed to the teeth. Again badass, but the beautiful lines are lost. The airshow image with the colorful paintjob above looks very „916“ to me though! 🤩

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hiob said:

Thinking about the age of the Viper, the design has indeed proven timeless. Unfortunately it is very rarely seen clean, but most of the times carrying bags or armed to the teeth. Again badass, but the beautiful lines are lost. The airshow image with the colorful paintjob above looks very „916“ to me though! 🤩

Yes. It's a bit like a Ferrari with a trailer, a roof pod and bikes in the back. 

• Like 1

Yes. It's a bit like a Ferrari with a trailer, a roof pod and bikes in the back. 

Well, Turkey vs. Viper. Just sayin'! Nah! No worries. Love the Tomcat. Wings swept back like Hiob says, it's beautiful in a bad ass way. No wonder why it was the main villain in Transformers, while the Eagle was the good guys.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Qcumber said:

Heh 😆 
I just think the F16C looks feminine, fragile and petite. For automotive equivalent, it's like the hairdresser's Miata in such company... 

Have to say, the F-15 Eagle is another very striking aircraft and a thing of beauty.

18hz6jyhcwbjpjpg.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=3d85

• Like 2

CGTC Caucasus retexture mod  |  A-10A cockpit retexture mod  |  Shadows reduced impact mod  |  DCS 2.5.6  (the best version for performance, VR or 2D)

DCS terrain modules_July23_27pc_ns.pngDCS aircraft modules_July23_27pc_ns.png  aka Luke Marqs; call sign "Ducko" =

Spoiler

Win10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 12700K (@5.1/5.0p + 3.9e) | 64GB DDR4 @3466 CL16 (Crucial Ballistix) | RTX 3090 24GB EVGA FTW3 Ultra | 2TB NVMe (MP600 Pro XT) + 500GB SSD (WD Blue) + 3TB HDD (Toshiba P300) + 1TB HDD (WD Blue) | Corsair RMX 850W | Asus Z690 TUF+ D4 | TR PA120SE | Fractal Meshify C | UAD Volt1 + Sennheiser HD-599SE | 7x USB 3.0 Hub | 50'' 4K Philips 7608/12 UHD TV (+Head Tracking) | HP Reverb G1 Pro (VR) | TM Warthog + Logitech X56 

th?id=OIP.3LLCV_rYk8mgQXkcalx0lgHaEK%26p

Got to be in the top five IMHO

• Like 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

53 minutes ago, Hawkeye60 said:

th?id=OIP.3LLCV_rYk8mgQXkcalx0lgHaEK%26p

Got to be in the top five IMHO

Unfortunately not in DCS right now, and the poll entries are limited to 20 anyway. Therefore - not in the contest, but otherwise I agree! 🤗

• Like 1

Tonka Tonka Tonka. 🙂

th-2008772646.jpg

2 hours ago, LucShep said:

I just think the F16C looks feminine, fragile and petite. For automotive equivalent, it's like the hairdresser's Miata in such company...

😄  I know what you mean. I love it though. Still looks gorgeous.

• Like 2

All great aircraft - not part of the poll though unfortunately. 😁

Also, to point it out once again: Beautiful <> Badass!

Nevertheless.

So far, the Tomcat is the leader, followed by a tie between the Viper and the Flanker. The Latter wasn't on my shortlist (that place was kind of taken by the OG Fulcrum), but I can see why people like it.....

• Like 2

Really Guys? The Tomcat? Brute force badassery over elegance? 😁

Keep the Votes coming - that's not representative yet! 😜

• Like 1