How is there no info on a map coming to DCS in 2024

I mean we've had modules and maps that have had development screenshots and updates wayyy before release. Yet on Iraq we just have a confirmed release year*. Is there seriously no info. Not even a border of the map.

• Like 1

Current focus is on Afghan map and will be for few months I think. Iraq will be pushed towards Feb 2025 but that's just my opinion based on the history of DCS. 

• Like 2

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• 2 weeks later...

I’m hoping that ED are using the premise of “under promise and over deliver”, which IMO is a great way to reduce hype and failed expectations.

• Like 4

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Looking at the quality of South-west Afghanistan, I sincerely hope ED focuses on it before splitting the effort between Afghan and Iraq terrains. If Iraq offers the same EA state / quality, then it will offer nothing more than a different name.

• Like 3

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

1 hour ago, Gierasimov said:

Looking at the quality of South-west Afghanistan, I sincerely hope ED focuses on it before splitting the effort between Afghan and Iraq terrains. If Iraq offers the same EA state / quality, then it will offer nothing more than a different name.

Given the fact that Iraq is planned for 2024 I would guess both maps have it's own team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SteelPig said:

Given the fact that Iraq is planned for 2024 I would guess both maps have it's own team.

Maybe. But it has been the fact in the past of team A and team B mixing resources to push a given project, so.. maybe this or maybe Iraq is using the same "tech" and hance is much quicker to hit the same EA stage as Southwest. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gierasimov said:

Maybe. But it has been the fact in the past of team A and team B mixing resources to push a given project, so.. maybe this or maybe Iraq is using the same "tech" and hance is much quicker to hit the same EA stage as Southwest. 

That's not impossible. But making two maps planned for EA in the same year means for me there are two teams working in parallel. Just cause there are many tasks then that need to be done in the same timeframe. 

• Like 1

Ok. I am sure there is going to be news in one of the newsletters soon(ish). Focus is on the Afghanap now.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
51 minutes ago, Roy35150 said:

Me wants to go scud hunting in my A10 lol.

You can, on Syria map. New Iraq airbases have just been modeled :thumbup:

• Like 4

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX4070S   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  VPC CDT-VMAX  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

The H3 and H4 basis have been on the Syria map for a while now.

Its where a Tornado was shot down in Gulf War 1 whilst trying to disable the airbase

• Like 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

2 hours ago, Mr_sukebe said:

The H3 and H4 basis have been on the Syria map for a while now.

Yeah, what about the rest, the heli bases?

image.png

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX4070S   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  VPC CDT-VMAX  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

1 hour ago, draconus said:

Yeah, what about the rest, the heli bases?

image.png

What about them?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mr_sukebe said:

What about them?

I thought they were just added.

The helipads, yes, but as only one of them was added into Iraq, seemed less important than the airbases that we added, from which you could fly helicopters anyway.