New Launcher doesn't work

Go to solution Solved by TBarina,

When I launch the program, the launcher screen remains black. The video doesn't play in the background and it doesn't let me enter the game either. The launcher hangs.

MT version or standard version......both launchers not working.

I have updated the drivers for my video card and also tried to launch the program in administrator mode but none of those things solved my problem.

Launcher Problem.jpg

I have the same issue,,, no MODS installed either, Oh, and (2) full repair attempts as well, still no go!

Edited by Fakum

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

• Solution

Seems like launcher is broken.

In options.lua change Launcher to false and login again:

Immagine

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI RTX 4090, 64GB DRAM, 2 x 1TB SSD, Triple Monitor 1920x1080p, Win11-Home

same problem here, we don't want this launcher. pls ed remove this or make it optional.

i've set the lua file to false ( launcher) and opened and still the same issue.

image.png

Edited by AirSenpai
even changing the lua file doesn't work.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, freehand said:

Have you tried launching the .exe direct not from with in the dcs folder.

I've used the Steam "play now" options and the .exe from inside the bin folder.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

Ensure the name of the file is options.lua and set Laucher to false:

Immagine

Accidentally I set false but set the name of the file option.lua (not options.lua)

Then restart DCS. The launcher will not open and I can login in the usual way.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI RTX 4090, 64GB DRAM, 2 x 1TB SSD, Triple Monitor 1920x1080p, Win11-Home

2 hours ago, TBarina said:

Seems like launcher is broken.

In options.lua change Launcher to false and login again:

Immagine

This worked for me,, I can now login, Thanks! But now Im getting this freakin message? What the heck is that about?

null

image.png

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

17 minutes ago, TBarina said:

Ensure the name of the file is options.lua and set Laucher to false:

Immagine

Accidentally I set false but set the name of the file option.lua (not options.lua)

Then restart DCS. The launcher will not open and I can login in the usual way.

It worked!

Thank you, big time. 

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

31 minutes ago, Fakum said:

This worked for me,, I can now login, Thanks! But now Im getting this freakin message? What the heck is that about?

null

image.png

Don't know.

I get similar message.

same here

but if you point your mouse on the left bar ( just on the left window launcher ), you can click at an invisible icom, and the launcher display is correct

Edited by zeufman
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, zeufman said:

same here

but if you point your mouse on the left bar ( just on the left window launcher ), you can click at an invisible icom, and the launcher display is correct

Yes,  the pointer turns to hand when hovering over an invisible icon.

Please check the following thread:

• Thanks 1

Dell XPS 9730, i9-13900H, DDR5 64GB, Discrete GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080, 1+2TB M.2 SSD | TM HOTAS Warthog/TPR | TKIR5/TrackClipPro | Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box | Win 11 Pro

I have this too. I can double click the Launch bar (orange bar) and it launches. 

Also, put cursor over the left side bar of the window (it's a slightly darker shade) and you should be able to get it back into view when the cursor changes to a hand and then click.

You can also just disable the Launcher from within the game Options, Misc and untick "Launcher on start" - if you can get the game to launch

You can also disable the Launcher from one of the Launcher menus - if you can get the Launcher to "reveal" itself

Edited by andyfoot
  • Like 1

When i want to start DCS World with the new launcher, i don't see any content or buttons such as my profile and settings. 
See attached image what i see. Sometimes it shows a bit more, like some text. But mostly it looks like this. I can still click on the yellow orange button and launch the game. But visually everything seems to be hidden.

null

image.png

23 hours ago, Branli said:

When i want to start DCS World with the new launcher, i don't see any content or buttons such as my profile and settings. 
See attached image what i see. Sometimes it shows a bit more, like some text. But mostly it looks like this. I can still click on the yellow orange button and launch the game. But visually everything seems to be hidden.

21 hours ago, Aoi Kaze said:

I have the exact same problem from day one.

it is only a workaround but one can open \Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\config\options.lua and change ["launcher"] = true, to ["launcher"] = false, 

this will only disable the launcher.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“The MIGS came up, the MIGS were aggressive, we tangled, they lost.”

- Robin Olds - An American fighter pilot. He was a triple ace.

The only man to ever record a confirmed kill while in glide mode.