Track IR...worth it?

Once you go Track IR, you never look back. It is just as necessary as a good HOTAS. In BS, I have no idea how people live without it

Worth every penny.

There are some discounts/review here

http://www.dslyecxi.com/

Edited by Aeroscout

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

The level of immersion is almost indescribable. You must experience it to understand. It is worth the money. It takes this hobby and multiplies it. I could not fly without it now. It just would not make sense.

I have the TIR 5 and I am very happy.

I had a similar experience when I went from an X-52 to a Cougar.

You will not regret your purchase what so ever. If you do, put it up for sale and someone will buy it in a matter of hours if not minutes.

Well you convinced me. I still dont know if the tr5 is worth the extra money but I will definitely be getting a version soon. Consequently, anyone looking to sell? LOL J/K. I'm sure the mods don't want to turn this place into a middle eastern bazaar.

I have TrackIR 3 Pro with 6 DOF and I don't know how I would sim without it. I also don't see the need to upgrade from what I have. It works great and has all the fields of vision. I just don't see TIR as a purchase but as an investment into my hobby.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

what is definetley "worth" checking out is cachya, me and a few other users use it with great success in black shark. 1 DOF is free, 6 is 15 dollars. and all you need is a webcam - and it is smooth.

you can see it in action here: http://vimeo.com/1772534

and another user (sharkster64) has made a youtube video of it in action with blackshark

However I must digress at this point because the cachya website is currently down!, however if you have time before your purchase it's definetley worth checking out the 1 degree of freedom trial to see if you like it.

I have the trackir 2 <---- yes I know but it works with the file in BS :music_whistling:

I purchased it when lomac came out ...... then trackir 3 came out as it was coming in the mail LOL I would buy the trackir 4 model imho save the extra money by looking at it it's nothing groundbreaking just wider field of view and a small increase in fps like I said I have a 2 and it works good only no 6DOF when I get the extra money I'll pick up a trackir 4 unit. :smilewink:

Sincerely,

Viper169th

....somebody interested in a TrackIR 3 + Vector set?

Would like to give it to somebody from the community here - instead of ebayґing it.....

Sorry for off topic

Greets

S@uDepp

P.S. .. interested ones plz IM me

// Hasi @4,5 GHz @ H100i // Asrock Z87M Extreme 4 // Avirex 4x4GB // PALIT 1070 GTX SuperJetStream // Corsair 350D // Plextor extern // DELL 2407WFP // Razer Lancehead // 2xThrustmaster T.16000M + Saitek Pedals Pro // Oculus Rift // 3x amBX // Win10 Pro x64

TrackIR,

i will never fly without it.

Asus ROG Maximus X HERO | I7 8700k @ 5.1Ghz | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4-3200 | Samsung 960 PRO m2 1TB | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Strix OC Gaming 11G

Tagan TG900-BZ PipeRock 900W | Oculus Rift CV | TM Warthog #67074 | Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals | Windows 10 Enterprise x64

its a must if you want the most out of the sim...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

wouldn't fly without it!

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

If I had to give up my TIR, I would probably give up simming. It's absolutely integral. Though, after you start using it, you'll find yourself turning your head while watching TV to make the camera pan.:lol:

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If I had to give up my TIR, I would probably give up simming. It's absolutely integral. Though, after you start using it, you'll find yourself turning your head while watching TV to make the camera pan.:lol:

Best comment of the day. I do the same thing when playing RTS games. I keep thinking I can mouse-drag-selected the people on tv to move them. LOL I actually have some on these very boards willing to sell me theirs. It's a TIR4. I figure, if I like it alot, resell that one and upgrade to a 5.

I gave my TrackIR4 to my father..... :cry:

...and bought a TrackIR5 :megalol:

which is worth the money just because of the advanced tracking! You can really feel the better resolution! Worth every cent!

I love flight sims and have been toying around with the ideas for years. I know people swear by the track ir but, is it really worth it? Are there enough game THAT IT ACTUALLY REALLY IMPROVES to make the purchase worthwhile? Thanks

After a good gaming PC and HOTAS there is nothing more vital to simming then a TIR. Absolutely worth every last penny.....

Out

• Like 1

I have to join the rest of the gang.

You don't buy TrackIR to use with you favorite sim... You buy new sims to play with your TrackIR. That's why I bought LOMAC and IL-2.

The only thing I did not appreciate from NaturalPoint, is that they do not distribute their SDK to independant developers such as myself. I programmed my own flight simulator, but I have to use pp2joy as a hack to enable TrackIR. :(

i7-7700K@4.8GHz, 16Gb-3200, GTX-1080Ti-Strix-11Gb, Maximus IX Hero, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C, Logitech G940 Pedals.

The only thing I did not appreciate from NaturalPoint, is that they do not distribute their SDK to independant developers such as myself. I programmed my own flight simulator, but I have to use pp2joy as a hack to enable TrackIR. :(

All you need to do is contact them, you will receive a client ID and a link to the SDK download. I don't think they're too snobby about who gets it, I got one and I only had a very hazy product description. If you've got an actual working example, they'll help you out.