Question for the sim vets

darrenl

Hey all,

I'm really enjoying Black Shark...it's really got me back into sims again. I bought Lock On when it first came out and, well, it did not perform very well at all, which was not good cause I really wanted to fly the A-10. I just downloaded the LO demo and it really works beautifully.

Question is, should I get Lock On for the A-10 experience knowing that DCS A-10 is right "around the corner"? I know there are a lot more aircraft in LO, like the SU-35...but I'm not sure if it's a fun aircraft to fly. :joystick:

...any thoughts?

Hey all,

I'm really enjoying Black Shark...it's really got me back into sims again. I bought Lock On when it first came out and, well, it did not perform very well at all, which was not good cause I really wanted to fly the A-10. I just downloaded the LO demo and it really works beautifully.

Question is, should I get Lock On for the A-10 experience knowing that DCS A-10 is right "around the corner"? I know there are a lot more aircraft in LO, like the SU-35...but I'm not sure if it's a fun aircraft to fly. :joystick:

...any thoughts?

By purchasing LockOn you are contributing towards the development of the DCS, so Hell Yeah go ahead! :)

And for what it's worth, the T-Toad (Su-25T) is all kinds of fun :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

for fly'n the HOG....LO/FC is the way to go..been fly'n the HOG from the start...from what i've read the flight models will not be the same in DCS.A10..but i would get it cus its still one of the best combat sims around..and if the PIG is what your look'n for..drop me a line..i must have about 200 missions just for the HOG...CUS com'n over the hill or jam'n dwn the rd.. 50 ft off the deck and 300+ knts..is just plan fun......that cannon is one mean a$$ son of a gun..so hell ya buy tht bad bro..and join the club..5x5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

• ED Team
Thanks guys....

...do I just have to buy FC, or both Lock On and FC together?

You have to buy both LockOn and Flaming Cliffs if you want to also fly the Su25T.

There is a patch to make it Vista compatible:

http://lockon.co.uk/index.php?end_pos=135&scr=products&lang=en

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

Well, it will probably give you a nice overview of the A-10, and while Lock On is a simulator compared to 98% of games out there, it's like an arcade game compared to DCS. It's not that Lock On is unrealistic but that DCS is SO realitic it makes all other games pale in comparison. Having said all that, the A-10 is fun to fly in lock on. I personally cannot wait till we get either a AH-64 or Su-27/Mig-29 DCS module.

And DCS A-10C is not just around the corner. We still have 8+ months to go before it comes out. Hell we haven't even got the first patch for DCS Black Shark. So congrats on buying it and enjoy the HOG. She is a wonderful machine to lay waste tot he landscape.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

The A-10 in Lock-On is a great AC to fly and there are lots of missions to keep you busy until the DCS version is out. The Su-25T is also a great tank buster although IMHO a little more difficult to fly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

I have LO but unfortuantely since moving to Australia we managed to get hooked on mobile internet with Optus - 7mbps garbage and after a cap of 2gb they stiff you - it would take me all night to downloads FC and I cant find the DVD anywhere in Oz - out of stock so I cant fly the Gripen.

Is it LOMAC FC open source now for modding?

My favorite in Lock On is flying the standard model Su-25 (not the T). It's really wild operating with no HUD, and the weaponeering is alot of fun in it as the symbology and employment are a lot different than anything I've tried before.

There's also a campaign mission that has you landing in thick fog with a low cloud deck, instruments only with no HUD. It took me 3 tries, but when I put that bird down it was one of my most satisfying sim experiences. Not for the faint of heart.