UK Channel 5

JimMack

Duuudes put it on youtube please ^^

PD: heck, it's for free in Channel Five website but only from UK. Fortunatelly it's in torrent network :)

Edited by Distiler

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Dammit, i was busy watching the "Core" a truly terrible film and only just saw your post, now I have only 15min left of the doc :-( yea, will need to find a place to get it from on the net.

Is on the Demand 5 website and there are more in the same series on helicopter warfare YAY!

http://demand.five.tv/Series.aspx?seriesBaseName=HelicopterWarfare

Edited by LupinYonder
Found the show online

• ED Team

Very, very interesting - a 55 minute combat in Basra between a T55 and a Lynx. based on the book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Weapons-Free-Story-Royal-Pilot/dp/094755467X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1243973056&sr=1-1

Discusses tactics - Hampster/Rat etc. Also shows helo acting as an AFAC for A-10.

Shows, as has been said before, a helo pilot has to think like a sniper.

Edited by JimMack

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

I have the lynx V T55 helicopter warfare programme on my server, that pilot HAD MUCHO BALLS to go toe to toe with that tank the way he did.

cant help but wonder now that the series is finished that why didnt they include a hind version ???, they had lynx, and falklands sas one and a huey in vietnam, but no hind ??? I would of thought a hind deserved to be in it since its one of the helo's that has seen the most combat worldwide.

Edited by bumfire

They've done two Brit and two yank.... whats next i wounder...

good series though

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

mhh I don't think it has ended, can't find any place that says "last episode" (it says "latest" but not "last").

It was the last, it was only a 4 series show, if I recall correctly last week it said that the final episode was about Lynx attack helos in iraq, easy to find out though, just look at the five tv scheudle as they will have it marked down a week in advance.

Yup, it was the final, Secrets of Egypt are at 8pm next week :(

Edited by bumfire

Whats up with that series stuff, I liked a UK show called "Flying Heavy Metal" with none other than Bruce Dickinson as host. That was pretty interesting but only made 6 shows? Now I'm an Iron Maiden fan so of course my judgement of the show was a little biased! I'll definitely look at getting this series thru how you say "alternative avenues"...........

Yeah Flying heavy metal was a great series with Brucie. Not heard about this^ series though. Its called "Helicopter warfare"?

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

Very, very interesting - a 55 minute combat in Basra between a T55 and a Lynx. based on the book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Weapons-Free-Story-Royal-Pilot/dp/094755467X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1243973056&sr=1-1

Discusses tactics - Hampster/Rat etc. Also shows helo acting as an AFAC for A-10.

Shows, as has been said before, a helo pilot has to think like a sniper.

I read the book and didn't think it was enough of a story to warrent a whole book. The main thing I took from this program (and the book), was how totally screwed we would have been if the Iraqs' had managed to put up decent resistance. They were flying against a full division but only one tank was trying to shoot them down and that was almost too much! The Lynx doesn't seem much of a tank hunter - the TOW missile takes ~24 seconds to reach its full range! Thank god we have Apaches + Longbow + hellfire now!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Great minds think alike; idiots seldom differ.":pilotfly:

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.

I read the book and didn't think it was enough of a story to warrent a whole book. The main thing I took from this program (and the book), was how totally screwed we would have been if the Iraqs' had managed to put up decent resistance. They were flying against a full division but only one tank was trying to shoot them down and that was almost too much! The Lynx doesn't seem much of a tank hunter - the TOW missile takes ~24 seconds to reach its full range! Thank god we have Apaches + Longbow + hellfire now!

you can say that again....

but the Lynx does have its purpose.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

For those that asked, I am uploading now, I had mega problems earlier, filezilla kept stopping the uploads at exactly 26mb and upon resuming it would freak out the server.

I tried to fix it but filezilla was having none of it, so as a last resort I jumped over to another ftp program and so far its looking good, not sure what FZs problem was as it was working fine the other day, but anyway, the first one is on its way up now and the rest will follow, if it messes up again tonight then I will leave it til tomorrow to fix as its nearly 2am, but i think its all good now by the looks of it, fingers crossed.

Thanks for the headsups about this documentary series Jim. I've watched ep1 and 2 so far, very interesting. Cheers:thumbup:

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On