The T-50 (PAK-FA) Thread

nscode

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^

Not wrong but very disappointing, for a low RCS fighter I expected better...

Sweet Jesus on a pongo stick.

A - It is a freaking prototype. RCS measures are not installed. Suggest to take a look or two to see difference between X-35 and F-35.

B - There will be a lot of things going on in the intakes instead of the "perfect" solution that Russians are too stupid to do, that is S-intake. They did it on MiG-23 for shit and giggles, while it was pure luck Su-47 had it.

PS: Marcos, a lot of mistakes in that electronics sum up...

Edited by NOLA

Sweet Jesus on a pongo stick.

A - It is a freaking prototype. RCS measures are not installed. Suggest to take a look or two to see difference between X-35 and F-35.

There's 4 T-50 prototypes so far and I saw no major structural or functional changes. All I see so far are changes of peripheral equipment that may or may not work in practice or combat. Sukhoi is jumping all over the place with "gadgets" and whatever they get funds for to install on prototype but still fail to produce a more important "basic" parts in order to enter 5th gen fighter club.

It's really useless comparing differences of PAK-FA and "hopefully" final Su-50 product with differences of X-35 and F-35 cause X-35 had all the basics of F-35 ironed out in year 2000 when it made it's first flight...

B - There will be a lot of things going on in the intakes instead of the "perfect" solution that Russians are too stupid to do, that is S-intake. They did it on MiG-23 for shit and giggles, while it was pure luck Su-47 had it.

That's correct. I agree.

For a single engined aircraft with dual intakes "S-Intake" as You call it was the only option.

In fact XP-80A had it too!

When we talk intake ducts Su-47 wasn't anything revolutionary, if You take a closer look You'll notice it's a '60s theory in practice here.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's 4 T-50 prototypes so far and I saw no major structural or functional changes. All I see so far are changes of peripheral equipment that may or may not work in practice or combat. Sukhoi is jumping all over the place with "gadgets" and whatever they get funds for to install on prototype but still fail to produce a more important "basic" parts in order to enter 5th gen fighter club.

It's really useless comparing differences of PAK-FA and "hopefully" final Su-50 product with differences of X-35 and F-35 cause X-35 had all the basics of F-35 ironed out in year 2000 when it made it's first flight...

That's correct. I agree.

For a single engined aircraft with dual intakes "S-Intake" as You call it was the only option.

In fact XP-80A had it too!

When we talk intake ducts Su-47 wasn't anything revolutionary, if You take a closer look You'll notice it's a '60s theory in practice here.

Ok, now we have established Sukhoi are just a bunch of stupid people. Good. :book: Have you read patent for T-50 layout closely?

Basics of F-35 has been ironed out in 2000 you say? Ok, lets just simply agree to disagree there.

Su-47 duct or S-duct on F-22 is not anything revolutionary as you say, that is exactly my point.

You don't think that if Sukhoi *wanted* to do an S-duct they would? It is not a matter of that they couldn't do it, obviously they didnt like its drawbacks and decided to think fresh (again, hint, T-50 layout patent). Obviously the drawbacks were just too big and they felt they could get same RCS lowering by doing it in a different way.

It is funny. If LM did what PAK-FA does in terms of intakes people would call it revolutionary. But if Sukhoi does it, obviously they are too dumb to do such a "basic" part of 5'th gen design that enters it to 5'th gen design club. :)

• Like 1

Ok, now we have established Sukhoi are just a bunch of stupid people. Good. :book: Have you read patent for T-50 layout closely?

Basics of F-35 has been ironed out in 2000 you say? Ok, lets just simply agree to disagree there.

Su-47 duct or S-duct on F-22 is not anything revolutionary as you say, that is exactly my point.

You don't think that if Sukhoi *wanted* to do an S-duct they would? It is not a matter of that they couldn't do it, obviously they didnt like its drawbacks and decided to think fresh (again, hint, T-50 layout patent). Obviously the drawbacks were just too big and they felt they could get same RCS lowering by doing it in a different way.

It is funny. If LM did what PAK-FA does in terms of intakes people would call it revolutionary. But if Sukhoi does it, obviously they are too dumb to do such a "basic" part of 5'th gen design that enters it to 5'th gen design club. :)

I've just seen people calling LM a bunch of money huggers with the current F-35 situation and the past F-22 situation... Not sure where you've got this idea someone said they're revolutionary... Usually alot of hate on LM as of late.

But on a serious note noone is calling Sukhoi "dumb".. They're good at making aircraft. People say LM is just as dumb, but they aren't either.

But on a serious note noone is calling Sukhoi "dumb".. They're good at making aircraft. People say LM is just as dumb, but they aren't either.

one things for sure, LMs marketing team is 50 times better

It'll be interesting to see but the US only really have one fighter aircraft manufacturer now. Russia still have two.

To be frank, MiG is in reality Sukhoi's b!tch, for a lack of a better word. :)

Somewhat sad, but that is how the things are.

I've never said that nor I thought that. The problem is not with OKB Sukhoi.

Now take this for granted...you'll see no significant engine nacelle / intake changes until you see a new engine. And that's what's kinda disappointing. Current engines used with T-50 prototypes are uncapable of supercruise with "S-intake duct".

It is funny. If LM did what PAK-FA does in terms of intakes people would call it revolutionary. But if Sukhoi does it, obviously they are too dumb to do such a "basic" part of 5'th gen design that enters it to 5'th gen design club.

Probably, 'cause if LM did it it would be in year 1997...

Edited by Vekkinho

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

you cant provide guidance with L band radars, not even when triangulating from multiple arrays (since no radar gets targetting data to beggin with, none of the other will either)

To provide "targetting" data, all you need is a point in space and a conventional m-link to provide the missiles ins with a new steerpoint. Any 3-d radar will allow that and a triangulation of 3-d radar will do it with more accuracy.

L-band can provide 3-D information, and so can perform this task.

See http://www.thalesgroup.com/Countries/Netherlands/Documents/Datasheet_SMART-L/

D being IEE L

Detection of a "Patrol" aircraft at 400km, a "Stealth" missile at 65km.

Getting the effective antenna size larger than that on a cruiser through techniques simillar to that used in the square kilometer array - for example - would be a challenge, but the Russians have met those before...

Cheers.

Sorry, I don't mean to further detract from the discussion, but...

Well the bitch is still producing new fighter planes like the MiG-35 and has had other projects like the 1.44. Boeing bitch on the other hand....

This is a poorly planned statement. :D How is the MiG35 any more a "new fighter plane" than the F/A18E?

Sorry, I don't mean to further detract from the discussion, but...

This is a poorly planned statement. :D How is the MiG35 any more a "new fighter plane" than the F/A18E?

2-way thrust vectoring. Greater thrust-to-weight ratio. Better climb rate. Up to 10g load. Optical tracking of stealth targets at 45km. What about the 1.44 too? MiG Skat? Boeing basically just gets its ass kicked by Lockheed everytime.

Edited by marcos

I've never said that nor I thought that. The problem is not with OKB Sukhoi.

Now take this for granted...you'll see no significant engine nacelle / intake changes until you see a new engine. And that's what's kinda disappointing. Current engines used with T-50 prototypes are uncapable of supercruise with "S-intake duct".

Probably, 'cause if LM did it it would be in year 1997...

And.. I guess you got the data from the t-50 and su-35 to back up your statement :music_whistling:

• 2 weeks later...