Vertical Reality Simulations

Shaman

Seems to me the A10 is probably a better aircraft than the Fa18 in general... so I guess ill use that

It's a lot more fun, certainly at the moment. Until TacPac gets released VRS is pretty pointless in my view.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll put it in a language that is easier to comprehend:

Cessna-car without power steering

FBW- car with power steering

:joystick:

I know what FBW is m8 ... although I think you might be missing the point I was trying to make. Not a problem though, takes all perspectives to make the world spin. That's what makes it interestin! Cheers! :D

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Yeah I'm taking the piss as usual dude, maybe the mods should move this thread to the Other sims as thats where it should be. BTW if people are bored with the VRS SH some interesting stuff aside carrierops is to try and take it through the jet canyon race fully loaded.

BTW since vLSO carrierops is so much more interesting trying to get a good grade.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

try and take it through the jet canyon race fully loaded.

"the jet canyon race?" :D Most people here couldn't be bothered if it's not a structured or semi-realistic activity... but FWIW here's a dumb/fun video of flying the an un-published VR in the R-2508 complex known as "Sidewinder." Pretty cool to fly actually after having seen it in so many videos. Took me quite a while to get the exact coordinates of each visual checkpoint found and compiled.

Worth keeping in mind that throughout the video I was of course fighting the jet's unrealistic handling characteristics and forcing the jet to fly (somewhat) like it should. I'm definitely beating a dead horse now, sorry. :D

And another, not entirely related but same subject matter I suppose!

I have some other videos of FSX on that channel, so don't think I'm all FSX-hate.

Edited by aaron886

"the jet canyon race?" :D Most people here couldn't be bothered if it's not a structured or semi-realistic activity... but FWIW here's a dumb/fun video of flying the an un-published VR in the R-2508 complex known as "Sidewinder." Pretty cool to fly actually after having seen it in so many videos. Took me quite a while to get the exact coordinates of each visual checkpoint found and compiled.

Worth keeping in mind that throughout the video I was of course fighting the jet's unrealistic handling characteristics and forcing the jet to fly (somewhat) like it should. I'm definitely beating a dead horse now, sorry. :D

And another, not entirely related but same subject matter I suppose!

I have some other videos of FSX on that channel, so don't think I'm all FSX-hate.

Nice videos and scenery, doesn't look like the jet is flying that bad which patch was that one?

Jet canyon race can be found in the MP missions and involves the F/A-18A but you can switch it for a SH.:thumbup: A little bit more challenging since you're trying to go through a course, I've taken it through fully loaded a few times.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, cool...wait...what year is it...?

I will wait for a released product running on Prepar3d.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Well,,, had a fly around. Dropped 4 LGB (very nice explosions and a crater left behind hehe!) and shot down a poor unsuspecting Cessna 172. Great explosion and the part where it breaks into many parts is great :) but I dont thing Seattle ATC will be too happy.

Frame rate is about the same as the pre beta Bug, even with the FLIR on its more than flyable. Refueled with a make shift tanker (A321) that works really well.

(PS anyone know a good tanker I can download and use. Refueling with a civilian airliner is just wierd =))

Wow, cool...wait...what year is it...?

I will wait for a released product running on Prepar3d.

I bought the Superbug. The online download was a snap compared to the various DCS installations I have done. And I embellished my old FSX with the VNAO/VCVW-8 recommended installs.

There is a free KC-135 tanker download for FSX. http://www.carrierpilot.com/ See the Public Download drop-down, among other goodies.

My nephew gave me the Acceleration Expanded Pack for a Christmas gift 3 years ago, so that comes in handy. The T-45 is fun, landing on the various AiCarriers2 ships, and riding the lift below decks. LOL!

I am still learning the Superbug so the TacPack I will wait for final release. I setup the cowl flaps workaround for simulated "computer combat" for my gun trigger and weapons drop Fighterstick buttons.

The DCS' forums are a great resource for info and the members within.

I have never much liked Flight Simulator but my attitude has changed, lately.

Thanks.

Edited by ErichVon

Well it's still FSX. There is no AWACS and you place enemy units after you are in your own aircraft, same as placing carriers. I guess its the same with ground units. Can someone post a video of how the battlefield is set up? Enemy AI aircrafts. And how does this work in MP?

(HJ)

VRS TacPack 1.3.1.0 OPEN BETA Released ! :pilotfly:

On another note, how is this an open beta? Only people who have previously pre-purchased can access it.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Well it's still FSX. There is no AWACS and you place enemy units after you are in your own aircraft, same as placing carriers. I guess its the same with ground units. Can someone post a video of how the battlefield is set up? Enemy AI aircrafts. And how does this work in MP?

(HJ)

There is a mod being made for it called FSX@WAR which will have a whole battlefield including dynamic campaign eventually.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

That's what I keep thinking. :D

yao-ming-meme.jpg

Well you do not see the bigger picture here, I'll keep quiet now but perhaps check out the FO forums and you'll see a few ideas that were kicking around which will be possible after the SDK is released.:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]