Vertical Reality Simulations

Shaman

You are talking about Cascade Games Foundry, nobody knows what are they doing...

They will make an announcement on this year E3. I guess that this will be a game similiar to "The Sims". Hopefully it is not...

@SUBS17: I`ve heard from but can`t find anything about that TacPac on VRS forums, or do I have to registered to see all threads?

Edited by EagleEye

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is I'm not looking for a blow S**t up simulator with FS-X modules. We've got DCS for that!

VRS Superbug seems more than enough with what it's got ATM! complex avionics and navigational systems do just fine...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The thing is I'm not looking for a blow S**t up simulator with FS-X modules. We've got DCS for that!

VRS Superbug seems more than enough with what it's got ATM! complex avionics and navigational systems do just fine...

As it is you can already shoot down AI aircraft and Search radars in VRS Superhornet. The developers are adding the ability to destroy ground targets and for aircraft to crash when hit by missiles. If they want to do that then let them its whats missing at the moment in FSX. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

As it is you can already shoot down AI aircraft and Search radars in VRS Superhornet. The developers are adding the ability to destroy ground targets and for aircraft to crash when hit by missiles. If they want to do that then let them its whats missing at the moment in FSX. :thumbup:

I completely agree, it's been a long time since Microsoft Flight Combat simulator!!!

Now, with VRS Superhornet installed along FSX which aircraft can we shoot at? Default FSX aircraft like Cessna-172 and Civilian Airliners perhaps?!

What search radars are there to destroy? Does this mean that installing VRS adds Search radars to the FSX map?

Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They will make an announcement on this year E3. I guess that this will be a game similiar to "The Sims". Hopefully it is not...

@SUBS17: I`ve heard from but can`t find anything about that TacPac on VRS forums, or do I have to registered to see all threads?

Its after they release the F.

http://forums.vrsimulations.com/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2810

There are plenty of other threads and there is alot more features than just what is mentioned here. After the TacPac they are doing a pro version which will have an even more advanced FM and ACLS.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

They are being quite on the TacPac issue, its closed mouth issue. It will be a long process to get it working just right so they don't want to get peoples hopes up right away..so thats why nothing is being posted about it..but I can tell you they are working on it:thumbup:

• 5 months later...

It is available now with 30% holiday discount! Don't wait for DCS to get a fast mover, you should have this sim, trust my words! It will make you 100% ready for DCS Superbug! :] Worth every $

http://forums.vrsimulations.com/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5188

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

I'd like to add there is 1.0.9.7 SE version available with tons of updates but it's still pre service pack status. More info on VRS Forum.

Changes in 1.0.9.7:

Resolved VV placement issue introduced in 1.0.9.6

Resolved ground TACAN station DME issue introduced in 1.0.9.6

Should once again be able to pick up ILS and TCN from "piloted" carriers

TACAN ETE and fuel remaining at arrival was not working properly for carriers or AA tacan.

Reverted simultaneously fired DT1/DT2 AIM-120 fire control code due to unexpected consequences involving animations.

Updated HUD geometry including fonts to be more consistent with RL features. (If HUD does not look MUCH different than previous versions, make sure you've not installed the old HUD fonts into your "%WINDIR%\system32\fonts" directory)

Modified NIRD and GUN pipper symbology to include range arcs. NIRD will also flash when the TD box is HUD limited.

Modified radar and SA page symbology to be more consistent with HAFU symbology and slightly increased efficiency.

Fixed a bug involving HARM prebriefed targets which was preventing the ASL from working unless the target was within +- 15 degrees of boresight.

The ACM multiplayer loadout label for "Pylons Only" was never renamed to "Training" despite the new ordinance working correctly.

Fixed an issue with the ARS hose visibility on the second MP model LOD.

Removed the holdback bar from the MP model until we find out why it's not animating properly.

Several external NAV lights were on 24/7 in the MP model.

HUD can now be masked to the HUD frame by enabling the ACM option under Simulation Preferences-->VC.

HUD day/night switch now persists from flight to flight.

First implementation of new RapidRaster MAP terrain drawing in MPCD. Option can be enabled/disabled in ACM under Simulation Preferences-->Avionics. See tooltip help for description.

Fixed bug that prevented in-flight refueling of empty tanks

Fixed: No voice on FIRE TEST B unless you pressed MC after FIRE TEST A

Fixed: Issue switching from CV TACAN to ground TACAN and back again

Updated Master Caution tone to more closely match the real tone

Changes in 1.0.9.6:

VC Station 8 had a geometry issue which was causing weapons fired from that station to track poorly.

FLIR FOV was not being toggled by RAID switch (SHIFT-R) when TDC was on a FLIR DDI page

A previous fix for the DDI PB0 key command equivalent never made it into the previous patch as reported. The command is now fixed for real.

The NWS caution is now completely suppressed with the launchbar down regardless of whether it's in tension or not. A delay function was added to prevent transient cautions.

MP model 2nd LOD strobes were not properly tagged which caused them to be stuck on.

Removed gear UP requirement from primary and secondary low altitude warning systems.

Fixed a bug in the MPCD PB3 which was preventing MAP toggle from working.

ACM: Increased width of labels for fuel tanks to prevent wrapping on some systems.

SDC: A fairly serious bug was found in the fuel system which was probably introduced in 1.0.9.3 and caused fuel to draw from tanks 1/2 continuously. This was also spamming the events cue causing and performance degradation as well as interfering with event-based animations such secondary exits (boarding ladder, etc.)

UFCD: SA page on full UFCD was keying on RDDI values.

Autopilot caution can now be extinguished without having to cycle the A/P.

Added discrete A/P disconnect tone.

The external multiplayer model's refueling hose/drogue was not animating under the second LOD. In addition, the hose/drogue will no longer animate based on body inertia while stowed.

New RWR backend improves performance and detection of HARM targets, which are now drawn at the proper altitude

New traffic backend properly detects traffic inside of missions, allowing for moving carrier TCN/ILS and in-flight refueling.

MP model engine nozzles no longer show through nozzle covers when powered down with ground handling.

VC Model interior LT WARN and CHART knobs to animate, however these currently serve no purpose.

MP model external stores were not always 100% consistent with the ACM.

Replaced MP "Pylons only" variation with "Training" variation which includes 1 FPU-11, tip sidewinders and cheek AIM-120s.

AIM-120s can now be fired at multiple targets when using caged firing mode. If a DT2 exists while an AIM-120 is tracking towards DT1, the next missile under the trigger will target DT2. Note that the radar missile flyout symbol will currently still only be shown for the last missile fired.

Numerous random avionics fixes and efficiency enhancements.

Changes in 1.0.9.5:

Primarily an ACM delivery test.

External MP model medium LOD was failing to hide ground handling wheel chocks.

ACM messages tab wasn't updating.

Changes in 1.0.9.4:

MP models had a persistent rounding error that was causing at least 2 loadout sets to show inconsistently.

Cold/Dark, when checked, will now NOT save any switch states when you exit the sim. This will prevent the cold states from saving upon exit, thereby eliminating the need to load from backups to completely remove the cold/dark state. Just uncheck Cold/Dark and you're good to go. Note that if you save a flight with engines OFF, they're still going to be off when you resume it. This is unchanged from previous versions and out of our hands.

Strobe master switch and strobe pattern switch states will now be persistent from flight to flight (if cold/dark is NOT checked).

Landing lights will now not illuminate the ground during the day - period. This was done to eliminate a rendering bug in which the Fresnel for applying alpha was failing during the day.

A bug in events was ignoring the LDDI PB-0 keyboard shortcut. This was different from an earlier reported (and fixed) ACM bug in which the 0 key was not working for ANY pushbuttons.

VC CMWS switch will now persist, but still serves no function (perhaps TacPack).

Station 11 weapons weren't correctly parented. This caused the AIM-9s on the right wingtip to RTB after firing.

The GPS option button (PB3) was incorrectly responsive even on data pages other than HSI-->WYPT.

Changes in 1.0.9.3:

YCAS rewritten to deal with the uncorrected oscillatory nature of FSX wind gusts. The YCAS controller is more responsive and significantly stronger.

If wing tanks were empty upon startup, the engines were dying because the SDC was unable to switch valves before the engines were starved.

Right flap in MP mid LOD was missing animation tag which gave the impression that it was missing if viewed from fore/aft.

Most bomb model code was incorrect because they were still using depreciated station status enums.

NWS is now disabled with the Lbar extended. NWS caution suppressed.

External light effects are now working correctly in the MP model.

FCS AIR DAT caution (gyro drift error) tolerance doubled to 3 degrees. If your gyro drift error is greater than 3 degrees (caution present), you really need to deal with it 'SHFT-CTRL-R' (in key command mode) or FS default 'D' (outside key command mode).

IFR probe components were being hidden prematurely on retraction.

EADI and DDI-HUD altitude now consistent with HUD's 10 foot granularity.

Stale reference to VC_M_S.bmp

Changed all comparisons involving radio frequencies to look for differences greater than 0.009 instead of equality. This has resolved all issues with AA TACAN and carrier ILS/TACAN reception based on ACM values.

Added "latent" TWS info to RWS mode. Moving the TDC cursor over the "brick" in RWS provides aspect, altitude and mach. This also applies to TWS targets other than DT1/2.

Added HSI display of DT1/L&S and DT2 radar targets when SENSORS option is boxed.

MP model was not correctly showing the ACM loadouts due to a rounding error in the surrogate variables.

MPCD: capped the minimum contrast level when the MAP is displayed in order to prevent text from "blacking".

SA page now consistent with both HSI sensors and radar.

HSI: Fixed a scaling error that was globally wrong for all symbology in centered modes.

UFCD: FPAS data wasn't updating unless the L/R DDI had FPAS up.

MPCD: GPS and UFC options from HSI-->WPT data page weren't responding.

HSI data page selection is now independent for all displays.

AIM-120 VISUAL launch with no DT AND uncaged wasn't working properly.

ACM modes were instantaneously acquiring targets within their capture envelopes without regard to the position of the dish.

Fixed a bug whereby STT was instantly dropping targets acquired with ACM (STT range setting). This was causing a rapid fluctuation between STT and the previous ACM mode.

RADAR was failing to enter GACQ automatically when GUN was selected in AA master mode. If the GUN is selected from any radar modes other than ACM, STT or RAID, the radar will ow enter GACQ ACM mode. Upon selection of a different store, the radar will revert to the previous radar mode if a target has not been aquired.

MSI mode will now display ALL target data for all contacts including relative altitude and mach.

SHOOT cue was failing to register LOCKs in the VC canopy bow, and going straight to SHOOT. SHOOT is only displayed when an actual solution is found (i.e. a DT exists and radar data is valid) so most uncaged (seeker-only) weapon modes will only display LOCK, whereas radar locked targets will register both LOCK and SHOOT.

A bug was preventing the TACAN steering mode from being boxed even though the steering mode was valid. However all steering modes can now be boxed regardless of whether the steering source is actually valid or not. In other words, a "box" is not an indication of a valid steering source, only an indication that the steering mode is selected.

Added a check to AA refueling to ensure that ownship is not the target of a TrafficInfo search.

Corrected multiple documentation typos

Reformatted the checklist section of the manual to fix table alignment issues.

Fixed SMS bug which was causing GUN to become the only selectable weapon when only a single valid weapon other than GUN was remaining in any given master mode.

The GUN will no longer become selected when cycling through OR salvoing weapons as long as any other valid store is available in that master mode. If you wish to go directly to gun, use the SHIFT-CONTROL-1 hot select or box the gun.

Change default ACM tag for the Nimitz from CV72 to CV68

DDI CMDS subpage was using the wrong fontsize.

HUD was incorrectly displaying an X-out when there was no selected weapon in AA master mode if master arm was SAFE.

RADAR RWS bricks can now (again) be bugged up to designate a L&S target. As with TWS, caged missile shots may be taken from RWS as long as the L&S exists. Designating a second time will go to STT.

MPCD map mode has had a face-lift, and ACM options (Preferences-->Simulation-->Avionics) were added to display either terrain shadowing or airspace boundaries.

RAID switch command (SHIFT-R) has been expanded to cycle through HARM targets or FLIR FOVs as well, depending on TDC priority and the current DDI page and/or master mode. In AA MM, the raid switch will enter/exit Scan RAID or STT RAID if a L&S exists. In A/G or NAV MM, with the HARM as the selected weapon and in either PB or TOO mode, the RAID switch will cycle through all available HARM targets. With a FLIR loaded and TDC priority to the FLIR page the RAID switch will cycle the FLIR FOV, FWIW.

Changes in 1.0.9.2:

Fixed a bug on Vista machines that was causing several gauges to crash immediately after trusting.

Fixed a problem which was causing the POS LT (nav lights) switch to reset to zero on startup.

Fixed several effect bugs associated with the multi-player model when lights were turned on.

Fixed a problem preventing spoiler operation on the ground in PA.

Fixed landing light switch sync.

MPCD HSI data pages should not be showing MENU option.

EFD now operates entirely off the essential bus (battery). The switch position only controls brightness.

AIM-9 tones should now be restored in caged modes with or without a DT as long as master arm is ARMED.

Major changes in 1.0.9.1:

Can now map axes via FSUIPC (using "Send to FS as normal axis") and it is now possible (though highly unrecommended) to fly the SuperBug with a mouse or keyboard.

Rewritten radar backend will now display all simulated aircraft, including those in FSHost/SquawkBox/IVAO sessions and those created by FS Recorder.

Significantly improved external model should provide longer range MP visibility while also improving frame rates.

Addition of MP-specific models with fixed loadouts (These should significantly improve framerates in MP sessions with multiple SuperBugs)

Significantly optimized and enhanced VC (additional FPS improvements)

Significant front-end DDI interface improvements (larger textures, higher resolution displays)

Fuel system completely rewritten. Can now refuel tanks higher than when you started. (For use when practicing aerial-refueling, for example)

Cruise ATC now holds speed much more accurately. Approach ATC now provides enough power to fly an approach with it enabled as per NATOPS.

MASTER CAUTION and advisory logic and formatting was altered to more closely match NATOPS operation.

Cockpit volume control knobs now actually work again.

Improved weapon animations

...and many, MANY more fixes/improvements. (A more detailed changelog is shown in the installer readme. This file is also located in your VRS_FA-18E Superbug aircraft directory under Documentation).

vrsfsx2.png

Edited by Poko24
  • Like 1

Poko24! You're alive, man! Cheers! Care to fly once SP1 is released? I don't know what people are talking about PRO pack - this is the best fighter sim I currently own. PRO pack will advance already great FBW flight model further and model automatic carrier landing mode autopilot device of some sort. That's about it, SP1 is amazing, can't wait for it! Then TACPACK so we can employ weapons and cause more then training guncam shots, but actually cause damage! Can't wait for 1 on 1 :P Just wait till my Warthog arrives, SP1 arrives, and new HDDx2 and SSD arrives :P These are going to be great holidays for simming :)

• Like 1

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

• 2 months later...

Got this over the weekend. I think it's the best addon for FSX I've bought. It is enormous fun to fly a well-modelled fast jet in any environment you want.

Something I love about FSX is that it does force you to reengage with the basics of flight. Flying aerobatic figures in the 'bug is superb fun, as is exploring the flight envelope, not to mention performing random intercepts on Airliners flying around the place, and forming up on them.

Highly, highly recommended.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd get it cos it's the only up-to-date fighter sim on the market and one that's of the F-18. Call me cyber-shallow but I just can't stand the outdated F4 graphics anymore... no matter what tiles or re-done pit it has.

But flying around does get boring pretty quick.

DCS: US fixed wing can't come fast enough. So long as it's a fast mover I'll be happy.

• 1 year later...

VRS: Superbug TacPack Enters BETA

http://www.vrsimulations.com/tacpack.htm

Finally combat in the FSX world wohoo...wish I would have preorderd so I could play the Beta...

Edited by Slayer

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit