Another Black Shark Checklist

EinsteinEP

I know there are several other quality checklists out there, but I've been working on mine for a while and thought I'd throw it out here to see if anyone else finds it useful.

This document is a work in progress, but the start-up checklists should be pretty solid. Below is a list of items I'm still working on.

• Performance data/reference
  • Autopilot operation reference
  • Additional Emergency cards (in-flight fire, etc.)
  • Weapons Employment reference (Vikhr, etc.)
  • Mission briefing template

I know folks on this forum aren't very open about their opinions:megalol: but your feedback would be very much appreciated, positive and especially negative. Feel free to post them here or PM me with your suggestions and criticism.

FM-Ka50-CL-H5.pdf

Edited by EinsteinEP
Update checklist
  • Like 9

Shoot to Kill.

Play to Have Fun.

wow

i will include this in my noob resource thread for squaddies... well done.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Great work very useful!!

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

I found this on another web site last week, printed myself a nice hard copy. Good job!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My rig: i7 3770K oc'd to 4.7 GHz | Asus Maximus 5 Extreme mobo | 4 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR3 | 2 x EVGA GTX 680 in SLI | Asus Xonar Phoebus audio card | OCZ Vertex 4 512 GB SSD

My peripherals: Dell U3011 30" at 2560x1600 | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | TrackIR 5 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD 558 | Razer Black Widow | Razer Imperator

i feel bad how have used my shark....:cry:

example: shutdown engine..turn off fuel pumps, thats it..:music_whistling:

at least maintence dudes have some heavy maintence work after every flight..

or pageup x 2 before starting apu and engines => ekrans goes nuts yelling check this check

that, oli , hydro,etc .. ekran: wtf are u doing,idiot?,..help..he´s abuseing me! :megalol:

very nice checklist, i should start using it rather then my memmorised dirty startup style...

::ASRock 4Core1333::Intel Quad Q6600 2.4 GHZ::OCZ DDR2 Reaper HPC Edition 4 GB::Club3D 9800GT 1GB Green Edition::Acer LCD 19":: Nexus 400W::Vista Ultimate SP2::Saitek X36F & X35T Joystick::Youtube::Spider´s Channel::Suomi-Finland :-) ::

Great work!

Nevertheless I have some suggestions:

1. Checklist item "Tower"

I would prefer to have on the left hand side the actual communication task and on the right hand side the required result from the communication. Because a checklist contains of the items to be checked and the results, but not of advises. The items are:

Before startup checklist:

startup clearance - received

Before taxi checklist:

taxi clearance - received

Before control hover checklist:

control hover clearance - received

Before take-off checklist:

take off clearance - received

Approach checklist:

ATC clearance (inbound) - received

Before landing checklist:

Landing clearance - received

2. Some items are double without good reason for it. You should check all items, if they are done in a previous checklist. For instance: lights. They are checked on in the pre-start check (16 & 19). So in my mind there is no reason to check them again in the pre-taxi-check (5) and pre-takeoff (3). Who should have switched them off when we checked them on before ;) ? Something else is it regarding fence-in! At this point the lights ussually go all off, so they have to be checked when fence-in. The same regardings fence-out the other way around: Beacon usually goes on at this point.

In general regarding lights on/off:

Beacon:

- pre-start -> ON

- fence-in: OFF/ fence-out: ON

NAV-lights:

- pre-start -> as required (only when not under combat conditions they go ON usually! If there is any danger from the enemy they will stay OFF usually!)

- fence-in: OFF/ fence-out: as required

Blade-Tip-lights:

- pre-start -> as required (only when not under combat conditions they go ON usually! If there is any danger from the enemy they will stay OFF usually!)

Formation-lights:

- pre-start -> as required

- fence-in: as required/ fence-out: as required

Landing-light:

- pre-takeoff -> as required (only when not under combat conditions they go ON usually! If there is any danger from the enemy they will stay OFF usually!)

- pre-landing -> as required (only when not under combat conditions they go ON usually! If there is any danger from the enemy they will stay OFF usually!)

- aft-landing: OFF

3. Taxi-Checklist

Is it better to check collective full down before releasing parking brakes? I think so. So 6 and 7 should be the other way around.

That it is for now from my side :)

Edit: Lights completed.

Edited by -Painter-
  • Like 1

Regards

REAPER 31 | Painter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very nice, EinsteinEP! :thumbup:

Even if this is a work-in-process (and what isn't :smilewink:), this is an excellent checklist based purely on organization and format. It seems obvious that a lot of thought went into this. This will replace my current checklist.

And, FWIW, I don't think it's too many pages. Checklists need to be formatted for easy readability and quick reference (especially emergency procedures)--and I think this is especially important in a single-pilot airframe where the workload can get pretty heavy. I'd much rather flip through multiple pages and be able to quickly orient myself to the task than to try reading through a tightly compressed checklist (especially with "older" eyes :smilewink:).

Thank you for your effort and especially for deciding to share it!

WH_Blaster (Larry) :beer:

US Air Force (Retired, 1961-1981)

Join us for fun with the DCS series and other games at the War Hawks Squad website ... we are a mature gaming group that enjoys realism and having fun! http://war-hawks.net

System: i7=950 @ 3.3 GHz, GA-X58-UDR3 MB, 6GB RAM, GTX770, 256GB system SSD, 128GB gaming SSD, TIR5, TM HOTAS WH, HannsG 28-in, Acer 23-in touch screen.

when you print it do Print multiple pages per sheet. and do 2 or 4 depending on how small you can read

Yeah that sounds like a good idea. This is by far the best I've seen so will definately try it as soon as I get the PDF printing problem solved.

Edited by Griffin

daaamn nice one! I've made one myself, but that's not even nearly as good as this one! nice job!!!

$Edit: I however have one comment: You need to implement a cool-down time in the shut-down checklist.

Not sure for how long (I usually leave the throttles at idle for 2-3 min or so, whille shutting everything else down.

Edited by MTFDarkEagle

• 2 weeks later...

absolutely the best I ever seen.

Look like you have some experience in technical manuals writing. I've some original check-lists from boeing that is very similar in concept.

Great work. Thanks too much for this, really appreciate as is ;-)

• Like 1

Great work with detailed information. Have'nt had time to use it yet, by the way.

One thing would interest me: Now we have some start-up- and checklists posted here. But they differ from eachother. Is there a list for the real-Life Hokum available? I mean, how and in which exact order does a real Hokum-Pilot start the beast and handles emergency procedures?

I used to love her, but I had to kill her

I had to put her, six feet under

And I can still hear her complain

A tribute to BBetty and NNadja

:bye_3:

Is there a list for the real-Life Hokum available? I mean, how and in which exact order does a real Hokum-Pilot start the beast and handles emergency procedures?

The closest thing available to the actual check list for the real aircraft are the check lists in chapter 12 of the extended manual.

• 2 months later...