Afghanistan WIP

Batou

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since this terrain is desert, it had the danger of looking too similar to Hawg11's Nevada. However, Nevada's Noise texture is lighter in color and has small bushes and plants with sand, and Batou's is darker and more rocky and sparse giving the terrain a totally different feel and character. Feels very authentic when you look at real life pictures of the Afghanistan desert and notice that the composition of the sand is different.

DT_11_01_2008_944_L.jpg

A-10 over Afghanistan

200809-stevens-targeta-photography-russian-fighters-nevada-1.jpg

F-15 at Nellis

b69cfd.jpg

Hawg11 vs Batou

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus G72GX | CPU: Core 2 Duo Overclocked @ 2.9Ghz | Memory 6GB DDR2 | Graphics Card: nVidia GTX 260m 1GB | OS: Windows 7 Home Premium | Monitor: Samsung 32" LCD

LOMAC 1.0 to FC 1.12 System RIP (2003-2010) | AMD Athlon 64 3000+ overclocked to 2565MHz | NVidia Geforce 7800 GS AGP 256 MB | 1GB Kingston PC2700 DDR DRAM | Windows 2000 with SP4

• 3 weeks later...

Work in FC2

need to rework some mesh and understand some little things...

afghFC2.jpg

Looking good!

Edited by Wags

CE EVAC

Asus P5K - Intel E8500 - 8Go RAM - NVIDIA GTX260 896Mo - SB Audigy 2 ZS - TrackIR4 - Warthog - Pro Fligth Rudder Pedals - LED 3D Samsung 40" - Seven64

FC2 makes the terrain colors look bolder.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus G72GX | CPU: Core 2 Duo Overclocked @ 2.9Ghz | Memory 6GB DDR2 | Graphics Card: nVidia GTX 260m 1GB | OS: Windows 7 Home Premium | Monitor: Samsung 32" LCD

LOMAC 1.0 to FC 1.12 System RIP (2003-2010) | AMD Athlon 64 3000+ overclocked to 2565MHz | NVidia Geforce 7800 GS AGP 256 MB | 1GB Kingston PC2700 DDR DRAM | Windows 2000 with SP4

Nice Cloud image on the top of hill :music_whistling:

I had clouds in some of my images too, so I had to just photochop them out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

The first roads is on way.

Here on high altitude on the Balkh city.

afgh33.jpg

The first rivers begans to flow

Here on the Feyzabad valley.

afgh34.jpg

afgh35.jpg

• Like 7

CE EVAC

Asus P5K - Intel E8500 - 8Go RAM - NVIDIA GTX260 896Mo - SB Audigy 2 ZS - TrackIR4 - Warthog - Pro Fligth Rudder Pedals - LED 3D Samsung 40" - Seven64

Looks awesome Batou, great work. Can't wait to fly over it.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Although i wouldn't even consider myself a layman, what comes to mind when i see those recent pictures ist the color difference between the low and high LOD textures. Is there still some tweaking going on in this regard?

Still, amazing work :thumbup:

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

And I'll join in...:thumbup:

Asus Sabertooth Z77, I7-3770K @ 4,4 Ghz, 8 Gbyte RAM, ATI 6950 @ 6970, Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, Samsung 26", TrackIR 5 Pro, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Cougar MFD's, Hotas Warthog

Although i wouldn't even consider myself a layman, what comes to mind when i see those recent pictures ist the color difference between the low and high LOD textures. Is there still some tweaking going on in this regard?

Still, amazing work :thumbup:

Yes i am still working on low altitude texture to have better transition.

• Like 1

CE EVAC

• 2 weeks later...

Very, very nice work. I did some Desert terrain a couple of years ago. Nothing this impressive. It was a ton of work. You have out done yourself here Sir.

I will be looking forward to your complete and ready to download project.

It was very limited at the time I was working on the Desert terrain, which is still available to download, http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=37717

but not worthy at any means to this project. My hat off to your work here.

:thumbup:

JG3_Dragon

Edited by jg3_dragon

This looks awesome, I know it would be quite an undertaking... but could you make some objects to put in to make it look a bit more populated. I know its a desert etc, but like rocks on the ground (bigger ones that is) and some afghan style huts etc? Are you doing Helmand province at all? Being a brit would be pretty sweet...

I am enlarging the map, the final size will be 480 x 520 km, slightly near 250 000 km².

This is the final list of the airport include on the futur map.

Afghanistan

- OAMS Mazar-e-Charif

- OATQ Taloqan

- OAUZ Konduz

- OAFZ Fayzabad

- OAHN Kwahan

- OASN Sheghnan

Tadjikistan

- UTDD Douchanbé

- UT Ayni

- UT Gissar (Hissor)

- UTOD Khorog

- UTDK Kulyab

- UT Parkhar

- UT Mozkovskiy Pyandzh

- UT Panjakent

- UTDT Qurgonteppa ( Kurgan-Tyube)

- UT Dangara

- UT Garm

- UT Moskovskiy / Pyandzh

- UT Isfara

Ouzbekistan

- UTSS Samarqand

- UTST Termez

- UT Kakaydy

- UT Sariasiya (Denau)

- UT Baymakhli

- UTSL Karshi Khanabad

Edited by Batou

CE EVAC

Fantastic. Can't wait for the release Batou, keep up the good work.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL