do you want to speak in the Multi game???

yuhan11020

Hopefully ingame coms will be included in later releases. I guess at least with multicrewed aircraft like the Hind and Apache this will be a crucial feature.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

You can also use Skype, though I'm told that it becomes a resource hog when combined with DCS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

The voice chat and squad feature in BF2 (I play Project Reality from time to time) makes teaming up with strangers so much easier than having to jump on a teamspeak server.

I guess this would be ultra low priority but it for sure is something that made BF2 great as a game.

I don't know how useful the feature in IL2 is, as I never used it there.

I don't really agree in the note of BF2. Now, I haven't played it in a long while, but when I did play it I always ended up muting the built-in voice system due to the rampant idiocy that was so common on those servers. Instead, me and my mates just used our Ventrilo server.

In the case of DCS, most of the always-available servers are squad servers that advertise their TS or Vent server details on their server messages. It's not really a big thing for people to hop into those.

What I would see that would merit the expense and effort to implement it would be to get line-of-sight into the radio comms. Problem there though is that it would be difficult to check if people are "cheating" through the use of external applications. So in the end, just not worth it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I always loved the Squad Comms idea in BF2. I have stated this before in these forums, but here I go again... :doh:

Imagine that you join a server in DCS:BS or LO. You create a 'flight' that anyone can join or you password it. Now, when people join your flight, they press the 'talk to flight' button to talk to their flight. In addition to the 'talk to flight' button you could also have a 'guard channel' button that talks to your entire side.

Maybe you could also incorporate datalink and other realistic features into each flight group. Heck, you could include a commander option for each side with the commander having AWACs and ground radars and vectoring flights.

Etheraln, with a password option and the option for the flight lead that created the flight channel to kick anyone, rampant idiocy would be easily taken care of. The benefits far outweigh the negatives imho.

Edited by Crunch

Also - keep in mind that a large group of the community are squads.

They may fly different versions from the LO/DCS series.

They tend to create a community around their forums and their TS/Ventrillos.

So implementing an ingame-voice would mostly benefit the "casual MP gamer" (*coughcowboyscough* ;) ). Note, there's no SP benefits here.

And there lies the decision to make, if they need to spend development / resources on that target group - the "hardcore squadron" target group - or both. :)

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

In game voice would be very cool, beacouse often ppl on BS servers are lonewolves so, it is easier to press one buttonin cockpit to transmit voice than turning on TeamSpeak ect.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

In game voice would be very cool, beacouse often ppl on BS servers are lonewolves so, it is easier to press one buttonin cockpit to transmit voice than turning on TeamSpeak ect.

Damn, I hate it when you're right - but yes, as of now many first time pilots are lonewolfes. ;)

But also - many of them are so either through choice (they dont want to talk to anyone) - they dont have a Microphone - or simple they dont know which TS/Ventrilo server to connect to.

So a builtin voice system would benefit the last group for sure - and get us some new friends ingame :)

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

IVC was very good for Open Falcon we had fun using it as it adds to the realism by having actual radio freqs for Tower and packages etc. Its possible to make IVC for DCS it was discussed in another thread I think you use LUA to make it although ideally what you want is the devs to implement such a feature. Using TS or Vent is ok but IVC is much better you can have both IVC and Vent running at the same time and that way if another person enters the flight channel they can still join in online. Another good feature in Arma is for the AI to be able to hear you talk in MP and react and also if they made it necessary to carry a radio to talk line of sight it just adds more realistic features. AI can also hear movement through bushes, heavy breathing after running so enemy AI can react to that. Even worse is if voice recognition were implemented.:D Then you can talk to the wingmen/tower etc. I know Arma is a FPS but it has some good features which can add to the realism.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

On the development cost issue, there are "plug-in" solutions out there that are sold to developers in a similar way to how Bink sells video handlers for in-game-movies. But I doubt the benefits would still cover the development costs, added server load and so on. Still, would be neat to play on a squad server that has line-of-sight communication. Having to keep the terrain in mind for talking to the other members of your flight would be awesome.

Though perhaps that specific feature would be possible to handle through a mod - read positions from lua export and compute which of the other users should get the transmission. (And, export radio channel settings as well, and you could even link it to that allow you to temporarily scan through the radio in the hopes of intercepting the enemy's radio. :P )

Would be neat if made to work, but I'm unsure about whether it's worth the cost (like Panzer mentioned) and it would still require a good bit of organization on the servers, since you could theoretically be handicaping yourself if you used that system instead of a Vent which the other team might be on.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Hopefully ingame coms will be included in later releases. I guess at least with multicrewed aircraft like the Hind and Apache this will be a crucial feature.

Hey, did you notice that teamspeak 3 will now include an SDK? Might be worth ED taking a look at that so they could include it in some future version of the game. That way you could also tie it the comms channel you're listening to in-game. Now that would be awesome.

-- CoolHand

Hey, did you notice that teamspeak 3 will...

There will be faster A-10 than this TS :P

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I think that cos its development is really slow. I saw news from 2008 "coming soon" ect and nothing ;]

ಠ_ಠ

With some developers the term "beta" starts even before other developers would say they have an "alpha build". :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I think that cos its development is really slow. I saw news from 2008 "coming soon" ect and nothing ;]

Yeah, I know what you mean. I check the Teamspeak news site occasionally and for like a couple of years there was almost no change at all on the site. I had actually just figured they simply stopped development on it.

-- CoolHand