MW2

159th_Viper

at 6:37 you can see a F2000, and i'm pretty convinced the enemy for the player here is some russians...

I think that vid made me feel sick. What's the point of having something like that in a game?

On a lighter note, the narrator at the beginning sounds like Optimus Prime.

Can anyone tell me the point of "not balanced for lean"?

Anyways, as i saw someone write: "Why is it we are going too shoot alot of russian civilians and possible brazilian, but when we get to U.S., the civies suddenly aren't there? They managed to instant evacuate them??"

Also, nuke hitting U.S.? I thought their defence system were better...

Edited by zakobi

I keep telling my friends that the console will replace the PC entirely for mainstream gaming within 2-3 years. When the next platforms come out, there will be no more AAA titles for PC. The money is too easy on platforms.

This is just more proof.

Shhh!! Not so loud, you'll ruin my evil plan for world domination! :D

I keep telling my friends that the console will replace the PC entirely for mainstream gaming within 2-3 years. When the next platforms come out, there will be no more AAA titles for PC. The money is too easy on platforms.

This is just more proof.

IMO, Valve is like the canary in the mine for PC gaming. Keep an eye on them. They already make stuff for consoles too. If you see a decline in Steam in any way, or a move to make it available via Xbox Live...time to buy a console!

Nvidia is another good one. Pay attention to their graphics cards. Marketing more and more towards graphical design, less and less to gamers? Console here we come!

Edited by RedTiger

Hmm i`m not sure the consoles can completely replace PC experience - unless some special peripheral is created for them too. For instance how am i supposed to play Lock on, with all the key combinations we`ve got on the keyboard, on a console. Or how some strategy game that needs fast and accurate selection and commands will have better interaction in a console. Connecting a mouse? :D Now at some point all this will result in a console that needs peripheral the same as the one we have in PC or similar (joysticks, keyboard, mouse, camera, etc.) and this will turn it to a PC but it will be used just for games :doh: Man, i prefer my multifunctional PC instead :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Topol,

There is a paridigm shift underway and its evidenced by IL-2 Birds of Prey. By PC standards a fairly weak title. By platform standards its awesom.

Yes, we love our PC's, but there are 10 console monkeys for every one of us. If I were a software developer, I'd be making console titles.

As I said, the PC will loose access to AAA mainstream titles. As long as there is a market, there will be PC games but the content will become more specialized and less frequently released. ED is a good example.... but then again, who ever thought 1C would go over to console.

It will backfire on them....

Has the console makers been talking about their new box of tricks and what last gen PC Hardware would be in it???

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Well, I have been hearing about the death of PC gaming as we know it for the last 5+ years and I don't see it.

There was a time that best buy soaked up alot of my expendible cash. It seemed like there was a new game a month to buy, maybe two. These days, Best Buy can't get me to spend a dime. Either the content sucks or I am too picky.... and I am not that picky.

I'm gonna have to agree with crunch on this one. Theres no reason to cry at the "death" of the PC. Its going to be around for a long, long time. Fact of the matter is that while many of our applications people use on their computers, be it email, twitter, facebook, or web browsing is all becoming more and more popular on hand held portable devices. That said, there is still something about that mouse, keyboard, and large screen. People simply don't check facebook ONLY on their smartphone, they do it on their laptop or desktop too. What else do they do on the PC? The can EASILY create content for their favorite games. Its catching on in the console market, but it is no-where near what is capable on PC.

I also look to the decline of "exclusive" titles. Granted there still are a few out there and some of them are pretty big titles. But overall there has been a decline in games exclusively for a single platform. Really the only gaming system that gets left out most of the time is the Nintendo Wii, and that occurs because it is by far the weakest at rendering high quality graphics.

PC gaming will ALWAYS be the location of freedom and individuality in the gaming world. Its flexibility is too great for it to simply die out.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

PMSL, quite possibly the saddest person I have ever seen. That guy redefines what it mean to be a Walt.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

^^^ :doh: Serious brain damage caused by too many frag granade hits in the head on Wet Work map.

Edit: Hey, that guy posing with the game in post #40 might be the suspect for the desecration of that GameStop store. :smilewink:

Edited by topol-m

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, I have been hearing about the death of PC gaming as we know it for the last 5+ years and I don't see it. I am not to worried if we lose some AAA games when we have our niche.

Still sad to see we have fewer options though.

If we got a "true" PC version vs console version of MW2 we could have chosen which version we wanted to play.

I own a XBox 360 - but I dont like the 360 as a platform for "games which require precise controls / simulator mechanisms". It's cool for relaxing games - jump in a play for 30-60 minutes, or not play that seriously.

No doubt, I would have gone for the "advanced" PC version if it had been developed.

Now since the game has been somewhat "dumbed down" with less "PC FPS features" I chose not to buy the product.

I'm a sad panda - there's less choices for the PC world :cry:

I'm afraid more and more developers/publishers will chose this path for their titles since the path to higher sales figures (cross platform) may look tempting.

• Like 1

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning