ah my next toy!

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Pressure sensitive? Wow, that's new for an unmodded stick! I won't be getting it, but I'm sure many will! :joystick:

Looks nice, though still has that "spacey" Saitek look. :alien:

Aero

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Have to wonder about the Force-Sensing.....Effectively excludes a Huge Market Share as it only finds applicability to a Handful of Modern Military Fast-Jets. Cannot imagine throwing the Bomfire about when SOW arrives with that Setup :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

It's still a bit "advanced" (euphemism to "X-Wing stick"), but it's now believable, instead of Saitek's older products. Actually, if compared with the Rafale, this one is closer to reality than the French :P

But looks nice, seems to be precise due to its system and might be a good one for those with enough spare money to afford it.

The only thing I know is: I need a new joystick. Now, we have many options, but they all have some shortcomings.

There's the G940, a full Force Feedback flight system with accessible price, but with unreliable drivers and doubtful resistence.

There's the X65F, a Force Sensing HOTAS, but way too expensive to even be considered.

We'll be getting the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and CH A-10 HOTAS, both from reliabe companies, and not going into any fancy style as Saitek and Logitech, but these don't have rudder included, what increases drastically the price.

And there are the good 'ol Cougar or Fighterstick + ProThrottle pack, from the same reliable companies, and with the very same shortcoming: the lack of rudder pedals.

Any suggestions?

Sweet looking set-up GF. You'll have to give us a full debrief once you've put a few hours on it.

What made you choose the X-65F?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Sweet looking set-up GF. You'll have to give us a full debrief once you've put a few hours on it.

What made you choose the X-65F?

I like saitek stuff and was waiting for these to come out..

Plus there force sensing want to try that out.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Waiting for reviews. Considering this as well, instead of modding my Cougar.

What really gives - is split throttle with forcefeedback motors. This means if you engage auto-throttle, the throttle will move itself into the correct place as in-game throttle.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Wow. That price point ($399) is a little out there.

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming | i5 7600K 3.8 GHz | ASRock Z270 Pro4 | Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 16 GB | PNY CS2030 NVMe SSD 480 GB | WD Blue 7200 RPM 1TB HDD | Corsair Carbide 200R ATX Mid-Tower | Win 10 x64

It's still less then getting force sensor mod for Cougar - and you get split throttle! And I need new HOTAS for VRS F/A-18E.

What I find really DUMB is that weapons release button is placed under the 8-way hat! You can accidentally push it while working with the hat. No HOTAS in the world has it this way. This makes top left hat unergonomic due to the fact you must take special care not to press release button. IDIOTS!

Edit: thread belongs to different forum - I propose merging it with existing X65F thread ---> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=43031

Edited by Shaman

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Too bad they don't offer a movable stick as option...

I like the splitted throttle, but a force sensitive stick is a 100% no-go for me.

Maybe you can combine the 52pro Stick with the 65F throttle???

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

It's still less then getting force sensor mod for Cougar - and you get split throttle! And I need new HOTAS for VRS F/A-18E.

What I find really DUMB is that weapons release button is placed under the 8-way hat! You can accidentally push it while working with the hat. No HOTAS in the world has it this way. This makes top left hat unergonomic due to the fact you must take special care not to press release button. IDIOTS!

Edit: thread belongs to different forum - I propose merging it with existing X65F thread ---> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=43031

Interesting location certainly but it`s not really that bad, I always remap the launch to my trigger anyway. You can use it for something with less drastic results if you accidently hit it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

lol, this new stick has already posted in a german Forum 4 Months ago...

7 Months Ago ;)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=43031[url=http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=43031&highlight=Saitek+X65][/url]

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

thats nice thank for the squad advertisement...

lol, this new stick has already posted in a german Forum 4 Months ago

http://www.lockonforum.de/thread.php?threadid=5202

But nice Stick

So I should do a search everytime I go to post now? :huh::juggle:

Never mind all that talk. You've made a thread about something that there was already a thread about that everyone forgot. No big deal - you've at least brought to my attention that this thing has been released (which is good imo ;))

Now tell me, has anyone bought it and when does the reviews start pouring in?

Edited by Boulund

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll

Is there anything that comes close to this out there? I'm searching for a new flight control system and know there are some opinions HERE.

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

Is there anything that comes close to this out there? I'm searching for a new flight control system and know there are some opinions HERE.

Yes StrongHarm, wait for the TM A10 Hotas, that's what I'm doing.

Thanks,

StrongHarm

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

Yes StrongHarm, wait for the TM A10 Hotas, that's what I'm doing.

There's a lot of new stuff coming out shortly, so it would be wise to wait until all units have been reviewed properly.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

• 1 month later...

waiting for the WartHog Hotas.

Hey GF, how about a review ? It's been a couple of months.

You damn right you are. I have high hopes. You Thrustmaster people better take advantage of this crisis and deliver the goods. Deliver the a 10 setup that can bring peace to the sim world and get more people flying with DCS.

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

if you spend $500.00 on the new joystick (toy) you might get your other (toy)joystick wacked off with a meat clever by your wife..

:joystick:

that's one expensive joystick..

:megalol:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

well i think it is great to offer high quality products, as we can see, many of our comunity friends were working on DIY cockpit solutions and as we experienced with HOTAS Cougar, it is getting into other dimensions havin a "real" stick and throttle solution..i m really looking forward to that tm product..the money i can collect selling all my other sticks^^

TM HOTAS WH :joystick:, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR 4, 2xJoyWarrier, 1x KeyWarrior, i52500k @4600MHz, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, NV 670GT, SSD+ WD BC+ WD Raptor, 32HD:pilotfly:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]