Key assignment = boring !

Hi there,

I would like to know if there's a way to assign a key to ALL the planes in one time?

I need to change all commands with RCtrl because my keyboard doesn't have this key, but I have to do it for all planes ! Soooo boring !

For example: external lights (which is common to all planes)

RCTRL + L

I need to replace with:

LCTRL + L

Thanks in advance !

• Like 1

Proud to be a [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] :joystick::pilotfly::book:

So will there be an easy way to save my configuration after I will have changed all the keyboard keys I need?

From what I remember, in BS I didn't managed to use the Save/Load profile feature...

Proud to be a [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] :joystick::pilotfly::book:

Just be careful that you don't copy the F-15 to everything, as you will loose the ability to use the helmet as it is not in the F15 keyboard file! Like I just did!

• Like 1

3Sqn - Largest distributor of Flanker, Fulcrum and Frogfoot parts in the Black Sea Region

another hint, you can use the Clear Category to clear the commands on specific column. dont try it on keyboard command column. :)

Maximus, The only real Maximus in DCS World. :music_whistling:

I am not associated to viper 33 | Maximus. he is the imposter.

• ED Team

Any case, please do not delete files default.lua in all folders:

..\Config\Input\Aircrafts\<aircraftname>\keyboard\

..\Config\Input\Aircrafts\<aircraftname>\joystick\

..\Config\Input\Aircrafts\<aircraftname>\mouse\

..\Config\Input\Aircrafts\<aircraftname>\trackir\

These files contains default assignments of your input devices.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

Id like to know which smart ass decided to change the existing key combinations. Why??

:no_sad:

You expect an answer... didn't your mother teach you any manners? :music_whistling:

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

:no_sad:

You expect an answer... didn't your mother teach you any manners? :music_whistling:

No, it's not his manners, only his choice of words.... I would not of used "Smart", I would substitute this word with "Dumb"...... :music_whistling:

Reprogramming my HOTAS is a pain, and the "Release Weapons does not work for Mavericks, I finally got it to drop bombs and fire rockets, but still no joy on Mavericks.

[sIGPIC]VFA-151_zpsc7bcfa86.png[/sIGPIC]

Reprogramming my HOTAS is a pain, and the "Release Weapons does not work for Mavericks, I finally got it to drop bombs and fire rockets, but still no joy on Mavericks.

you need to HOLD the pickle button...

it actually makes sense, that you don't need to hold it to release bombs/rockets, but only for (guided)missiles.

Just be careful that you don't copy the F-15 to everything, as you will loose the ability to use the helmet as it is not in the F15 keyboard file! Like I just did!

or copying the 27 into 15 and loosing weapons release like i did and causing other wierd "no response" results ingame online. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not sure what the problem is. I suppose it could be the profiling software you use though. With Saitek I just emulate key presses. Besides almost all of the keys are the same as before they just changed most from Left Alt to Right Alt. Its not like there is a different key in every A/C to turn the radar on.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 4 months later...

this is perhaps the worst UI decision I have seen since the Commodore 64 :)

What genius came up this this? Someone is deliberately wasting my time. And don't question my *bleeping* manners - someone left theirs when they programmed this ;)

I can't be bothered doing this some 10 times. There has to be a solution, please oh please.

Edited by RipKirby

It's because it's a difficult problem to solve programmatically without causing issues, so everyone would be complaining about how the controller assignment thing can't deal with their particular setup. Plus, not having the ability to assign different controls to different planes would be annoying.

Also, I expect that not many people fly all the planes, and if they do, they don't learn them all at the same time so the job of configuring the controls is spread out over a long period of time.

Then there's the fact that once you're proficient at the controls for one aircraft, it's fairly quick to configure the others since you'll have a reasonable idea of what each thing is for. Except for the things unique to each plane, but you need to have a feel for the plane and how to use it before you can sanely assign those functions to your HOTAS, anyway.

Add a final mitigating factor - if you choose to use your controller's profiling software to emulate keypresses, then most of the common stuff can be carried over in your controller's configuration, anyway, since the default keybindings have a lot of similarities.

I don't call the shots when it comes to dev priorities at ED, but I'm glad they didn't spend the time to try to implement and test a smart system that tried to automatically configure all the planes.

Programmatically? George Bush is that you??

• Like 1

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't call the shots when it comes to dev priorities at ED, but I'm glad they didn't spend the time to try to implement and test a smart system that tried to automatically configure all the planes.

Well they sure spent some time on this. And that spent time was wasted ruining what worked in the old version. Not that it was very good but it worked at least. Now, it's broken.

"and you can't bomb Afghanistan back to the Stone Age. They'll go 'UPGRADE!'"

-R Williams

Well they sure spent some time on this. And that spent time was wasted ruining what worked in the old version. Not that it was very good but it worked at least. Now, it's broken.

"and you can't bomb Afghanistan back to the Stone Age. They'll go 'UPGRADE!'"

-R Williams

Don't forget FC2 uses a different engine then 1.12. So the whole UI had to be rewritten anyway....

Personally, i like it that i can configure each plane separately.

(especially on roll and pitch axis)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

Personally, i like it that i can configure each plane separately.

(especially on roll and pitch axis)

So you can pull back on the stick and do a roll? To each his own. I would have liked to emphasize the can in that. So that could be an option or a feature to sit through endless button configurations :)

ED had received many complaints about the original LO/FC input system not being able to configure the controls for each plane individually. This is why the new systems began on the different fundamental approach of seperate input profiles. It's not the end of development though and I'm sure new features will be implemented as we move forward.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules