Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

diecastbg

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4719 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

And dcs will be monopoly in Modern Combat Simulation World. :)

It already is ;) But yeah F16 would be cool!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better suited for a Helo or other CAS, not fighter jets over 20k.

As long as the map area is large enough, it would suit for every kind of DCS aircraft. I want to see a nice landscape when flying weeds or TO or landing. Else we could stick with the Falcon 4 engine and tell everybody "just fly high enough, it'll look fantastic"

... :puke:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

I would finally like to see a dynamic campaign. Just convert the planes we have now to DCS with the A10C so we finally can gave some real missions like in Falcon. I think its pretty sad that 11 years ago we had full dynamic campaigns with ground wars and such in TAW and Falcon and DCS has not even be able to recreate that. Planes can wait in my opinion. I and alot of others are waiting for a dynamic campaign since Lock On. And thats probably the only reason we are still playing this...

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

It comes closer to realism than DCS atleast... It's not ARCADE is it? Or maybe i should call it semi-realistic. Question.. when do you call something realistic? It seems that in your opinion you have to be in a real Air Force simulator with 30 other people also in a simmulator to call it realistic. I know for sure that if you put DCS Graphics into Falcon 4.0/AF or even TAW a large part of the DCS community will go back playing Falcon 4.0 or AF in a instant.

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

I know for sure that if you put DCS Graphics into Falcon 4.0/AF or even TAW a large part of the DCS community will go back playing Falcon 4.0 or AF in a instant.

Actually, so that I can get resonable FPS, I`m lowering the graphics in DCS: A-10C so low that it starts to look like Falcon.. :P

• Like 1
Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

The mission-builder will have control of how realistic his mission will be, so DCS offers a really wide spectrum of how missions can look like.

It's just like ArmA: If you can't handle the editor, you're screwed! ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It comes closer to realism than DCS atleast... It's not ARCADE is it? Or maybe i should call it semi-realistic. Question.. when do you call something realistic?

The campaign AI will generate gems like deep strikes through completely untouched enemy air defenses with a 2-ship of CJs as SEAD cover. Talking about realistic. I know some guys have really romantic memories of the dc, but objectively speaking, the whole system is fubared.

If i have to completely reroute a flight or even it's purpose to not be flying head first into a wall of sams, i might just as well go so far to design the mission from scratch.

We can talk about realism at the point when the mission generator suplies you with missions that are not doomed from the moment your pilot leaves the officer's club. ;)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Next DCS series? Ehmm DCS: Su-25 ! :) I love "Hrábě", or:

Su-25T

Su-22M3

Mig-27K

Mig-29A or S

Su-27

An-30

Il-76

A-50 I want to operate electronic systems in A-50 :)

Yes this is my favorite aircrafts!

Motherboard: ASUS Rog STRIX Z390E GAMING Processor: Intel i9-9900K (without OC) RAM: DDR4 Kingstone 32GB, 3133MHz, CL15 Graphics Card: ASUS Rog Strix RTX2080S OC Joy: Saitek X56 PRO + Pedals TrackIR: 5PRO + TrackClipPro OS: Windows 10 PRO x64 bit My DCS dreams: MiG-23MLA, MiG-29S, MiG-31, Su-17M4, Su-24, Su-25, Su-27, Mirage F1, Tornado IDS, Mil Mi-2, Mil Mi-24P and new maps: Central Europe (1970 - 1990), Vietnam (1960 - 1980), Afghanistan, Cuba, Kaliningrad and more new 3d AI models :)

F/A-18E (or C if not enough public data on E yet) Why??

-The community needs a realistic simulation of both the F/A-18 and carrier operations (case 1/2/3)

-Doesn't require big work extending the the theater area (mainly sea...)

-Next step (helo -> attack -> fighter)

And thereafter I'd like to see some of the bad guys (Mig-29, Su-27, Su-25... They shouldn't have much problem importing them to DCS) and finally our beloved F-16C and AH-64... and some old guy like the -21 or -23.

And somewhere in between a new theater (Iran?? Korea?? :P) and a realistic dynamic campaign engine.

That's my wishlist for Christmas.... 2025 :lol:

Better suited for a Helo or other CAS, not fighter jets over 20k.

Au contraire, mon ami. Have you seen the smooth transition between outer space and nap of the earth flying? Seems like it would be the perfect graphic engine to sport a combat flight simulator. About physics and avionics I don't know - but it looks gorgeous.

I would go for the F15E Because its multirole and 2 seat. It would be awsome if the WSO would be playable online with 2 players in the cockpit.

No doubt about it! Too bad it's quite unlikely to happen.

I swear I would pay 100Ђ or maybe even more for that piece of software and I'm sure a lot more would too...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Au contraire, mon ami. Have you seen the smooth transition between outer space and nap of the earth flying? Seems like it would be the perfect graphic engine to sport a combat flight simulator. About physics and avionics I don't know - but it looks gorgeous.

Yes, quite impressive, but still better suited for low level flight not where most A2A combat occurs. Also, I have not seen their transition on my computer when flying at mach 1 either. Just their videos showing how amazing their own product is. :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

Yes, quite impressive, but still better suited for low level flight not where most A2A combat occurs. Also, I have not seen their transition on my computer when flying at mach 1 either. Just their videos showing how amazing their own product is. :smilewink:

Some of the videos have PC specs with them and tbh these are nothing unusual! So I am quite surprised it looks so smooth.

Check this one for example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmeiXEm9hFY&feature=fvsr

It is nonsense that this is only suitable / best suitable for low-level flight. Look at all those trees you can already see from high up, look at the waves in the water, its just amazing how it looks.

I7920/12GBDDR3/ASUS P6T DELUXE V2/MSI GTX 960 GAMING 4G /WIN 10 Ultimate/TM HOTAS WARTHOG

That video looks very good. Transitions do appear seamless. I could not tell when the tress became individual, but the camera was also panning all over at times when I thought it would be transitioning to the more detailed trees. Wonder how much processing power is needed. They were showing that on a 460gtx with quad core. If it takes that much power just for the terrain, we are a long way off from having something that nice in a flight sim unfortunately.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

Well the engine developers are going to make a game, a kind of civilization game where you can build and drive/fly around to demonstrate engine features.

They already have basic flight dynamics engine in there. You can see those in the movies with apache and the cessna type aircraft.

Mind you, this is real-time rendered based off a terrain database. The engine will take the mesh and apply algorithms to make it look natural. Also it will plant trees and such. So you have the entire planet here, no need for expansions :D

They make this game first with tools for developers so they can make sims with it. Will take propably some years but not very long I guess before we might see something playable with this engine.

I7920/12GBDDR3/ASUS P6T DELUXE V2/MSI GTX 960 GAMING 4G /WIN 10 Ultimate/TM HOTAS WARTHOG

Basic is probably a bit of an understatement :) Its seems more like a flying camera. Want to go left, push left. Never noticed any real momentum or gravity in any of those videos. Nice to hear that an engine maker is making a game to prove how their software can work. Like Crysis. Though that was an amazing game with an amazing game engine in my eyes when it came out. If I can build a plane and fly it around, I can envision many fun hours.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

F-16C FALCON! Now's our chance to finally kick the Falcon series in the teeth! I'm hoping that the next sim DCS releases will be using the exact same game engine so that they can just include multiplayer support with Warthog. Wouldn't that be a blast?

-SnakeShit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Peace through Superior Firepower

EVERYTHING YOU'LL EVER NEED FOR LOMAC:

http://flankertraining.com/ironhand/news.html

Meh, screw the 16, I know what I want next. DCS: Mig-35! With R-37s!!!

Talk about BVR! /me shoots down F16 200 miles away!

Pfft, the boys at General Dynamics better get off their asses and start designing better fighters, or we Americans are going to start looking third world. The F16, F15 are old has beens. Time to move on.