Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

diecastbg

Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List  

4719 members have voted

1. 1. Next DCS (US) Fixed Wing Aircraft Wish List

~S!~,

Any ideas on whats the next aircraft is going to be in the DCS series?

The AH-64 Apache helicopter maybe?

Is there a little more info about this?

Anyone?

Check the previous 155 pages of this thread. You might get a conclusion...... not:P

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old tech would be fun and easier on ED :) MiG-21 vs F4. The only problem is a dual seat implementation of the F4 for single player or 1 player online. No other jet with missiles that is old tech excites me that I can think of from that period, i.e. something that can turn fast.

F-8.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

~S!~,

Any ideas on whats the next aircraft is going to be in the DCS series?

The AH-64 Apache helicopter maybe?

Is there a little more info about this?

Anyone?

With that new high detail of the F-15C/E in DCS-A-10C my guess is F-15C could be next, but thats only my guess ;)

But i hope we will see a real multirole fighter, because i dont think we will see a F-15E Strike Eagle two seater, and F-15C isnt that good for ground attacks.

i would die for an DCS F-16 Viper :joystick::D

Edited by Nickhawk

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic62339_2.gif[/sIGPIC]

AMD Phenom II x4 965 | Gainward GTX 570 Phantom 1280MB | 8GB DDR3-RAM | Win7 64bit | TM Warthog | CH Pro Pedals

The next aircraft should be one that ED has a Military contract for, right?

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

Most likely, yeah. It is possible to make DCS models without a military contract in the background, but it is preferred to have the contract there since it permits newer aircraft to be modeled as well as offers synergies both financially and in work hours (meaning it would arrive faster, since much of the ground work is "already done" for the miilitary).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

i would die for an DCS F-16 Viper :joystick::D

With the amount of times I've seen someone say this I do not think there will be many virtual pilots remaining to actually buy the sim should ED make a Viper next. :D

I7920/12GBDDR3/ASUS P6T DELUXE V2/MSI GTX 960 GAMING 4G /WIN 10 Ultimate/TM HOTAS WARTHOG

Hmmm... what I'd like to see... well, that's a long list.

However, from what is logical from a business model standpoint? Well, I see two primary methods ED can go about this:

1) they can add aircraft with gradually increasing air-to-air capabilities, to ensure that online BS and WH players in the DCS battlefield don't get completely dominated by the new aircraft. This would support a high-speed, high-performance attack or light bomber with limited air-to-air capability. Something along the line of MiG-27, Su-24, Jaguar, or Harrier. The next step after those would be light fighters with strike capability (F-16, MiG-29, F/A-18), multirole fighters (F-15E, Su-30, Tornado), then finally dedicated interceptors. As a variation of this plan, they take the time to add "equivalent" units for both eastern and western forces before moving on to newer "classes" of aircraft. Logically this means adding the AH-64 to match the Ka-50, and adding the Su-25 to match the A-10 before anything else. (On a total aside, why the Ka-50? Seriously? The flagship airframe of a simulation series is modelled after a series with only 15 airframes in service? There's probably multiplayer missions with more Ka-50s flying around at once than have ever existed in reality!)

2) They can add new aircraft based off adding new mission profiles. IE, add something completely different from the last addition, to make things new and interesting. In this case, I would argue something like F-15E or Tornado is the logical next step- light multirole fighters like the F-16, F/A-18, MiG-29, and the MiG-27 or Harrier style attack aircraft are still primarily tactical bombers; they would end up doing similar missions to what BS and WH already cover- perhaps not the CAS side, but certainly BAI and similar missions. F-15E or Tornado would enable deep strike, OCA, and missions of that type, as well as limited air-to-air missions.

Personally, I'd love to see the F-15E or Tornado. They open up all kinds of fun new mission profiles. As to those that argue they can't be done because they are multi-seaters... c'mon, your wingmen are AI, why not your backseater? Or allow players to jump from one seat to the other? Not to mention online play with live backseaters. Other companies have done very successful implementations of multi-seaters before. By your logic, tank simulations shouldn't exist, either!

Speaking of which, why are we limiting ourself to aircraft? Seems to me tanks would be an excellent choice; they have an active, well-defined role on the battlefield, are very capable of being decisive in battle, and have enough defensive options (between active and passive) against aircraft to prevent being "just targets".

Beyond that, tactical ADA are a logical addition for players. The only issue is that they have limited mobility, so players would have to wait for aircraft to come to them, which could get tedious. Easily enough solved; let the ADA player control a small network of ADA; something covering about a 30km radius; a couple mech BNs worth of tactical systems and at least one search radar.

Hmmm... what I'd like to see... well, that's a long list.

However, from what is logical from a business model standpoint? Well, I see two primary methods ED can go about this:

1) they can add aircraft with gradually increasing air-to-air capabilities, to ensure that online BS and WH players in the DCS battlefield don't get completely dominated by the new aircraft. This would support a high-speed, high-performance attack or light bomber with limited air-to-air capability. Something along the line of MiG-27, Su-24, Jaguar, or Harrier. The next step after those would be light fighters with strike capability (F-16, MiG-29, F/A-18), multirole fighters (F-15E, Su-30, Tornado), then finally dedicated interceptors. As a variation of this plan, they take the time to add "equivalent" units for both eastern and western forces before moving on to newer "classes" of aircraft. Logically this means adding the AH-64 to match the Ka-50, and adding the Su-25 to match the A-10 before anything else. (On a total aside, why the Ka-50? Seriously? The flagship airframe of a simulation series is modelled after a series with only 15 airframes in service? There's probably multiplayer missions with more Ka-50s flying around at once than have ever existed in reality!)

2) They can add new aircraft based off adding new mission profiles. IE, add something completely different from the last addition, to make things new and interesting. In this case, I would argue something like F-15E or Tornado is the logical next step- light multirole fighters like the F-16, F/A-18, MiG-29, and the MiG-27 or Harrier style attack aircraft are still primarily tactical bombers; they would end up doing similar missions to what BS and WH already cover- perhaps not the CAS side, but certainly BAI and similar missions. F-15E or Tornado would enable deep strike, OCA, and missions of that type, as well as limited air-to-air missions.

Personally, I'd love to see the F-15E or Tornado. They open up all kinds of fun new mission profiles. As to those that argue they can't be done because they are multi-seaters... c'mon, your wingmen are AI, why not your backseater? Or allow players to jump from one seat to the other? Not to mention online play with live backseaters. Other companies have done very successful implementations of multi-seaters before. By your logic, tank simulations shouldn't exist, either!

Speaking of which, why are we limiting ourself to aircraft? Seems to me tanks would be an excellent choice; they have an active, well-defined role on the battlefield, are very capable of being decisive in battle, and have enough defensive options (between active and passive) against aircraft to prevent being "just targets".

Beyond that, tactical ADA are a logical addition for players. The only issue is that they have limited mobility, so players would have to wait for aircraft to come to them, which could get tedious. Easily enough solved; let the ADA player control a small network of ADA; something covering about a 30km radius; a couple mech BNs worth of tactical systems and at least one search radar.

This is a wish list so anything goes, but keep in mind the KA-50 was developed because ED made a trainer for the military and received permissions to sell it commercially. Similar story for the A-10C and possibly for the next DCS module. This ensures enough information is given to ED to help them make the most accurate representation of avionics and systems/FM for that aircraft.

Also I can't speak for ED but this is an air combat simulation series, I don't think we'll see tanks modeled to any real level...at least in the next few years.

In an ideal world though I would agree with most of your list :)

Have you chosen a place for grave yet? Ought I to take care of ceremony? :D

Edited by Boberro

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Hello, a simulator of F15E will be super (avec the model of F15E who is in A10C Warthog). The model of F15E in A10C Warthog is already very beautiful, just create a cockpit for them and the posibility to pilot them and it's good. The nevada and the caucases are realy good, so, also keep the two map. That will be rapid.

Answer me please.

A+

EDIT: Or the F15C.

EDIT2: Or the two, F15E and F15C, in the same game.

Edited by Limelime

That will be rapid.

Not so rapid if you consider Radar development, but generally it is supposed to be quicker ... but I think ...that also applies for any Radar equiped A/C.

Edited by sungsam

DCS F16C 52+ w JHMCS ! DCS AH64D Longbow !

No more A2G! I'll die if the next DCS module will be A2G aircraft :cry:

:thumbup: true... no more A2G or helli.. we need a fighter

Obutto r3volution

Asus sabertooth x79 / CPU: i7-3820 cooled with antec 920 /intel520 180gb SSD/ 16gb DDR3 2133mhz /

2x GigabyteGTX670-OC SLI /

TM Warthog HOTAS + MFD Cougar / Saitek Combat Rudder /

3x 27" BenQ and 22" LG