this "add-on" is getting out of hand

Its going to cost me $50.01 to get FC now through NP with GROUND shipping.

This is rediculous. If it was a new game fine, but its not. I,m buying a patch.

I have no use for russain birds... so for me it is a patch!

Well you are buying it for the wrong reasons. It isn't a patch, it's an addon. Not their fault that you don't like the SU-25T.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

Well, then don't buy it. Secondly, how many flightsim's out there had a patch where the devs put in a whole new airplane with the afm of the su25-t?

He shoots, he scores.

migtoon0xo.gif

Well, then don't buy it. Secondly, how many flightsim's out there had a patch where the devs put in a whole new airplane with the afm of the su25-t?

He shoots, he scores.

Erm, have you looked at the 4.0 FREE patch for the Pacific Fighters series? AFM for ALL airplanes, new clouds, etc etc. and it's FREE!

I shoot, I score. (3 points too)

Beleave it is not ED fault ...the taxes are imposed by your contry.....and the delivery cost is not up to ED also....

I have this problem also because i leave in Brazil :(

But today i can find Lock ON 1.0 to $21 USD .....it is sold here by BRASOFT

unfortunely i dont think the ADDon will be sold here :(

But remember you alway can grab the download version ..i will do that :)

Cya Rodrigo Monteiro

Rodrigo Monteiro

LOCKON 1.12

AMD 3.8 X2 64 2G DDR ATI X1800XT 512

SAITEK X-36

AND VERY SOON TRACKIR-4

Its going to cost me $50.01 to get FC now through NP with GROUND shipping. This is rediculous. If it was a new game fine, but its not. I,m buying a patch. I have no use for russain birds... so for me it is a patch!

It is worth every penny! New flyable, new radar modes, new campaigns, new scenery ...

Now, I am thinking, I want to buy CD as well! Can not resist!

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

well, now we have "it's too expensive for me, somebody give me a money" thread...

I wonder how long it will take for "DaimlerChrysler, I want new Cherokee for a $500, give it to me now!"...

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

Well in all fairness, whilst it is up to the consumer wether or not they will purchase your product; i suggest you pay respect to consumers with complaints such as the ones in this thread. A $50 charge for an addon is rather steep, especially the nature of this one; however whilst saying that, i'm sure the ED team probably deserves all the money they can get. Just remember, without your customers, you guys dont have a job.

Whilst you could say complaints are a form of 'nagging', it's still feedback to the developer, even if it's negative. How are companies suppose to know what they've done right or wrong if only the "positive" feedbacks are taken seriously and listened to?

"dont buy it then.. stop nagging.." that is not a correct type of response to someone giving negative feedback. A more appropriate message, would be "wait for a 2nd hand copy or find some sort of alternative legitimate way of obtaining Flaming Cliffs if this simulation is not within your budget". Just because people are negative about the game doesn't mean everyone has to be a hardass back to them.

"I have no use for russain birds"

In which case I agree, FC is probably not for you, and you'll find it expensive. Unfortunately, ED did model russian birds, and ask people to pay for this. The logical answer in this case : don't buy the product, it's built on things you don't like (ie russian birds). You can't decently ask them to lower the price for you because you won't use Su-25T.

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

If any1 is still in doubt about whether to buy this patch or not my 2cents is don't. Just look at the bug-list thread... it's reached 20 pages... and this is after all a PATCH which is generally supposed to remove bugs... only nice thing the Su-25T... still... :mad:

If any1 is still in doubt about whether to buy this patch or not my 2cents is don't. Just look at the bug-list thread... it's reached 20 pages... and this is after all a PATCH which is generally supposed to remove bugs... only nice thing the Su-25T... still... :mad:

I've been reading that Bugs thread and a lot of it is discussion of what people THINK are bugs but are often features and other people yammering back and forth at each other over what is being modeled and test results of error reports. There are bugs but like the ones I've discovered - not earth-shaking ones. And Han the ED programmer has been reading through them and noting them or giving advice.

Just read it for yourself, FC has got some bugs but it's not buggy. We are flight sim fans and know this stuff. A "Don't buy" recommendation due to the SIZE of a thread without reading the thread :icon_roll

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]

...so I suppose that justifies the amount of bugs it has... hmmm.gif

Write a better one - show us you can do it ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda