DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

So does most everyone just run DCS World? I've been operating the Steam A-10C version and everything has been fine. Even the training missions all have worked correctly so far. Is there some advantage to World? Note that I'm a long way away from being comfortable for multiplayer.

DCS World is primarily for engaging the holistic content with other players across all available modules (flight platforms basically, like the A-10C and P-51D so forth) but it also has expanded/extended content just in general, as well as ensures your software is absolutely up to date in a way that stand alone retail installations do not do. Seeing as how I am literally brand new to both the forums and the products themselves however, I can assume others will have more accurate information to answer your question (and my lingering question above). For now I hope this helps a little though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A man who stands for nothing, will instead fall for anything

So does most everyone just run DCS World? I've been operating the Steam A-10C version and everything has been fine. Even the training missions all have worked correctly so far. Is there some advantage to World? Note that I'm a long way away from being comfortable for multiplayer.

Theres are pros and cons. Pro would be better smoke animation, dust trails enhanced, new editor triggers etc. for the A-10C tweaked flight model, TGP tweaked (I love the new Tracking gate, adapting to contrast changes)...and lots of little bug fixes.

Cons would be a bit more ressource hungry, new bugs, vapor trails missing for the A-10C for example. Training missions are available fixed, etc. so waiting for next major patch.

Honestly, for me flying mostly the A-10C it was ok to go for world with 1.2.0

I highly recommend trying multiplayer as soon as you manage the startup sequence. Learning while on teamspeak with experienced guys is a whole different world and you quickly learn lots of valuable tricks you otherwise need to pick from the forum posts one by one. :thumbup:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

DCS World is primarily for engaging the holistic content with other players across all available modules (flight platforms basically, like the A-10C and P-51D so forth) but it also has expanded/extended content just in general, as well as ensures your software is absolutely up to date in a way that stand alone retail installations do not do. Seeing as how I am literally brand new to both the forums and the products themselves however, I can assume others will have more accurate information to answer your question (and my lingering question above). For now I hope this helps a little though.

Do update to DCS World 1.2.2 - Then go to the AUDIO Tab in the OPTIONS menu - lower right corner > deactivate RADIO SPEECH and may be SUBTITLES, but I guess subtitles are for messages from the mission triggers? :D

• Like 1

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Why do I get a missile launch warning From A Strella (infared guidede missile SA-13) on the A10c ?

PC: Asus P8Z77-M Mainboard; Intel i5-3570K (4x3,4Ghz) mit Scythe Mugen 3 CPU Kühler; 16Gb Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz; Nvidia GTX570 1280mb; Samsung 830 SSD; Samsung HDD

Flight Sim Gear: TM Warthog; Saitek Pro Pedals; TM Cougars on an 19" screen; TrackIR 5 w/ trackclip pro; Logitech G35 headset

Why do I get a missile launch warning From A Strella (infared guidede missile SA-13) on the A10c ?

The A-10C has a Missile Warning System consisting of a few cameras arranged around the airframe that detect the infrared signature of missile launches and warn the pilot. If you've ever flown alongside other Maverick equipped AI flights, you might have noticed that you receive a missile launch warning when they launch them. That is the MWS in action. Naturally, there is no way for it to tell whether the missile was launched at you or someone else and whether it was launched by friend or foe.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

The A-10C has a Missile Warning System consisting of a few cameras arranged around the airframe that detect the infrared signature of missile launches and warn the pilot. If you've ever flown alongside other Maverick equipped AI flights, you might have noticed that you receive a missile launch warning when they launch them. That is the MWS in action. Naturally, there is no way for it to tell whether the missile was launched at you or someone else and whether it was launched by friend or foe.

Thank you Sobek for the quick and useful reply! How does it come that neither F15 nor Su27/33 has this sort of thing?

PC: Asus P8Z77-M Mainboard; Intel i5-3570K (4x3,4Ghz) mit Scythe Mugen 3 CPU Kühler; 16Gb Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz; Nvidia GTX570 1280mb; Samsung 830 SSD; Samsung HDD

Flight Sim Gear: TM Warthog; Saitek Pro Pedals; TM Cougars on an 19" screen; TrackIR 5 w/ trackclip pro; Logitech G35 headset

MWS is quite a new system and is only just starting to be introduced. Very few aircraft have such systems.

Not even all A-10Cs have it IRL.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Thank you Sobek for the quick and useful reply! How does it come that neither F15 nor Su27/33 has this sort of thing?

The versions modelled in FC3 stem from a time when such detection was not used, most likely due to the processing power required.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

MWS is quite a new system and is only just starting to be introduced. Very few aircraft have such systems.

Not even all A-10Cs have it IRL.

I don't get that. Point was that on F15 I get no warning on infared missiles like in the A10C.

I don't get that. Point was that on F15 I get no warning on infared missiles like in the A10C.

And you've just been told why. I don't see what your point is here?

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Nevermind. Post #2964 came during I was typing #2965. I understood.

The F-15C and all other aircraft in FC3 don't have MWS even today.

Spoiler

Well does the F18 have it? I see no sense in not implementing this MWS because it is damn useful for the pilot.

Nope.

It costs money, it takes time, it adds to the maintenance workload. The biggest reason is money.

The only fixed wing aircraft I can think of, off the top of my head, that have MAWS are:

A-10C (some)

Typhoon

F-35

F-22

C-130J (UK)

Tristar

There is also at least one pod based system that I know of (BOZ-EC).

Spoiler

Nope.

It costs money, it takes time, it adds to the maintenance workload. The biggest reason is money.

The only fixed wing aircraft I can think of, off the top of my head, that have MAWS are:

A-10C (some)

Typhoon

F-35

F-22

C-130J (UK)

Tristar

There is also at least one pod based system that I know of (BOZ-EC).

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/equip/an-aar-47.htm

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Going from that link, not even the A-10 is fully equipped (emphasis mine):

The Warning System provides attacking missile declaration and sector direction finding and will be interfaced directly to the ALE-39/47 countermeasures dispenser. Without the AAR-47, helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft have no infrared missile detection system

(or it is lacking in in the sim, for well-known reasons).

Edit 2: Or the A-10 uses something else? I don't know.

Super-

Edited by Supersheep

Is there any known study about it that says if it is worth the money or something like that? Because Eddie said Money seems to be the biggest problem... but if it saves the plane's and pilot's live (if proven) then it would be worth to implement it.

Is there any known study about it that says if it is worth the money or something like that? Because Eddie said Money seems to be the biggest problem... but if it saves the plane's and pilot's live (if proven) then it would be worth to implement it.

It's not a case of it being worth the money, it's a case of do "we" have the money.

Also, with many of the current generation of aircraft either in the process of being replaced, or due replacement soon by things like the F-35/Typhoon and others, why spend money upgrading your current aircraft when the money used is better spent on their replacements.

Also UV based systems like that on the A-10C aren't perfect and produce false indications often, they are also unable to determine if a "missile" is actually heading for their host aircraft or not. So while they are useful in low intensity conflicts, they aren't so great in high intensity warfare where missiles are flying all over the place.

Radar based missile warning systems, like that installed on Typhoon, are far more effective although they are more expensive and costly.

Spoiler

What about it?

I think ralfi wants to say that there are some f16 with mws. I did a quick google and found that e.g.

http://www.f-16.net/news_article1131.html

Noob with a few questions....

Hi all,

Im a long time flight simmer but new to the DCS series. (mostly FSX)

I'm working my way through the tutoials for the second or third time.

I have experienced a couple of issues. On precision guided munitions, after I make my first pass and bomb drop over the training area, the autopilot will not engauge. This has happened everytime I have tried this mission. It makes it almost impossible for me to operate the targeting pod and keep her straight and level at the same time. I have checked the autopilot control panel and everything looks fine there.

Secondly, on the Maverick tutorial, I can't get the Maverick display to slave to my SOI. I searched for both issues on here and couldn't find anything.

Any tips?

1 ) Autopilot: Did you check if the VVI (Vertical Velocity Indicator) was nearly at +/- 0 ? The autopilot can not be enabled when you sink / climb to much (I don't know the exact limits)

2) Did you select a MAV from the DSMS first?

Hope this helps.