Ground attack vs Air to Air

Callsign.Vega

^+1

My favorite " It can survive having a 2002 VW Beetle launched at it at extremely high velocity by a Russian-made Volkswagen Cannon"

Ain't that the truth? Runner up:

" launching missiles shaped like those giant oversized boxing gloves from the cartoons which give enemy commanders the middle finger before punching them in the balls, and then detonating with enough force to create a volcanic eruption on Mars"

Derka Derka that sucka!

My favorite;

"those hotshot flyboy prissy fighter pilots get a goddamned medal, a bj from a supermodel, and the rank of "Flying Ace" after only five ****ing kills! These Desert Storm A-10 pilots were racking up those kinds of numbers on their bathroom breaks. When it comes to no-bullshit death from above badassitude, the A-10 Warthog is where it's at."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Pretty good article, but I don't think anyone ever doubted the A-10's bad-ass'ness. Just to me, it seem's like running scripted missions (no dynamic campaign) against convoys of enemy armor consisting of about three lines of AI code, in a world with lackluster terrain (no line of sight check even through trees), seems like the replay value might be low. No offense to ED.

I will purchase DCS: A-10C to support the Genre but I would definitely like to see a multi-role fighter for the next add-on in which you can move mud and mix it up fighter style multi-player.

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders

Well the credits for FC2 suggest the vehicles were programmed by one or two people, so I think they're pretty decent given that. It does surprise me a little bit that they haven't been given more attention, given that the first DCS game and the next to be released are entirely focused on the ground war. But I guess there was an awful lot of other things that needed to be done, too.

However it has been said that there's improvements coming in this area, so I'm sure DCS: Warthog will make it easier to make compelling scenarios. I think there was mention of being able to change vehicle waypoints using triggers, which would open up a lot of possibilities.

I think trees being purely aesthetic is almost a non-issue for the 'hog. It bugged me in Black Shark, but not in FC2.

I'm also hoping infantry will be fleshed out a bit more so counter-insurgency support missions are a bit more feasible. Maybe some mortars?

• 2 weeks later...

More effective against what? They barely get to shoot at 4 targets, never-mind 16.

i wonder why the russians havent adapted the ka50 to use vikhirs on the inboard pylons and aa on the outer... or 4x8 vikhirs... a hell of a lot more effective tbh :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

its just me not utilizing the ka50 fully, but i never mind using inboard pylons... wtf are bombs good for? (its easier to take a dump from a 11 story building and try to hit a bucket) and unguided spagetti straw rokkits good for? ( i have more luck with throwing small rocks at a wasp 5 meters away) Naaah i prefer to stay as low as possible, as faraway as possible, use up all my vikhr`s, and sneak into gun range and poke down the infantry and soft targets if any. No high flying, no RWR bitching at me and no manual fire on rocket launcher family ammo waste mode.

and same with A-10s... why cant they carry AGM88s instead of dumb mk82s/84s? why does a huge flying 30mm gun need to have those? they are suicide weapons unless they are dropped from a high altitude, wich again makes em even more inaccurate.. I SAY A10 LOADOUT as follows:

2x Harms,

12x AGM 64d`s

2x Sidewhiners (OMG that growling tone gets annoying)

2x ecms

and 9 rocket pods for further mastrubation when using the gun

Yeah, that's you. Real life is a little different ... weapons require supporting equipment, and they have a cost; the dumber the weapon, the cheaper it is. They also have a specific effect.

If you happen to not know or understand what they are to be used for and how, how's that the real aircraft's problem?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Neither am I, but I do put a little effort into understanding things when the sim bills itself realistic. ;)

Not everyone likes to do it that way of course, and that's fine ... just so long as we understand that you're not getting a toy version of the aircraft unless you switch to arcade mode ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hehe, no problem.

For the FC 2.0 manager, I suspect you may be able to fit more onto your A-10 than you should be able to. I have not looked at close enough, but the LO/FC series always has some little quirks like that, being a light sim.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

its just me not utilizing the ka50 fully, but i never mind using inboard pylons......

External fuel tanks ;)

Tanks, Vikhrs, an OPFOR base that needs plundering and Fast-Jet Jockeys' Girlfriends that need ravaging afterwards :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

External fuel tanks ;)

Tanks, Vikhrs, an OPFOR base that needs plundering and Fast-Jet Jockeys' Girlfriends that need ravaging afterwards :D

They're too fast for you slow-movers ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

External fuel tanks ;)

nah... ive yet to play a mission where i run out of fuel... 100%internal, no inner pylon for better agility, and ze good stuff on the outer :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

I think two pilot aircraft like the F-15E and AH-64 would stink as a DCS title. I'd love for the next one to be a single seat multi-role fighter.

5th Gen fighters are out, they are too classified. As for 4 to 4.5 Gen multi-role fighters, I'd love to fly any of these: F-16 block 60, F/A-18E, Dassault Rafale-C, Mig-29/35, Su-27/35, JAS 39 Gripen and the Eurofighter Typhoon.

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders

I agree on the two seat aircraft, it would be difficult to do it right.

As for the next DCS, I'd love F-22's, EF-2000's, and Su-35's, but it's probably not happening.

I hear a lot of talk about the F-16, but it just feels kind of redundant to me as I have Falcon, and I'm more of a fan of the bigger jets (aka F-15). I really hope that the F-15 is the next DCS, even if it's the A with Sparrows.

I'd love to buy every DCS, as I'm sure such a complex sim would make flying anything fun, but I have limited funds so I'm going to have to hold out for the fighter module(s).

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files