Um.. how do you stop when you land?

text book - nose-too-high problem!

lower your nose below the horizon as you land. you stop VERY quick! :)

Not in an F-16 you won't, you'll run off the end of the runway! F-16 use Aerodynamic braking on touch down eg keep the nose up until it comes down.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

I've tried brakes, chutes, dangling my hands out the window, nothing works.

Are we talking the Su25T, if thats the case lower your approach speed more to 300km/h. Try to touch down just after the white marks on the end of the runway. Press b key for brakes, after 3seconds press p for chute and as the speed reduces to 100km/h use your brakes(w key). Only release the chute after you are at a safe taxi speed

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

"Um.. how do you stop when you land?"

This button right here. :)

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

After flying IL2 for so many years, the F-15 stops on a dime. No fear of breaking a prop. Just jam on full brakes. Even landing a little hot still gets stopped in plenty of time. I always wondered why the F-15 doesn't have a chute though?

Buzz

After flying IL2 for so many years, the F-15 stops on a dime. No fear of breaking a prop. Just jam on full brakes. Even landing a little hot still gets stopped in plenty of time. I always wondered why the F-15 doesn't have a chute though?

The Air Force boys petitioned the generals to build longer runways - means they can wander in and touch down more or less wherever they like without getting all hot and bothered. None of that stressful business with having to slow down in a hurry . . . . . .

Thats because like the Hornet it has a large Air Brake.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

The Air Force boys petitioned the generals to build longer runways - means they can wander in and touch down more or less wherever they like without getting all hot and bothered. None of that stressful business with having to slow down in a hurry . . . . . .

....and if they need to, there is the little hook.. ;)

- JJ.

JJ

Assuming that wire is rigged for the direction you're landing...

Saw a Canadian bird rip the barrier wire out last week because he caught it the wrong way... Tore a hole in his aircraft when the cable whipped, and tossed a piece of steel some 700' to be imbedded in the wall of a building off the airfield proper.

Oh, and I am now officially of the opinion that the AFM makes landing the Su25T an absolute joy . . . . .

Touch down on a runway, none of this snapping stuff, feel the undercarriage legs absorb it, release the chute *WHUMPH*, and that just holds the thing steady until you're slow enough to brake . . . . . it's fantastic after the other aircraft. Although I have to say, I really appreciate the performance of the other aircraft after the 'T . . . .

BTW, Immelmans work surprisingly well for going around for another pass.

I'm also loving the damage model - was flying in and out of the canyons hunting tanks on one of my missions earlier today. Clip a ridgeline, and catch fire . . . . the other aircraft would have bonfired, but the 'T dragged, caught fire, and lept up again . . . . leaving me free to bellyland it on the canyon floor. Awesome.

Loving FC so far . . . . . :)

you have to press, release.. etc...

a straight press will burn out the brakes and I think make them ineffective...

hence the pulsing of the.... press ...release of the brake key...

I'm still visualizing the Flinstone way tho..... :tongue:

Thanks,

Brett

Erm, seriously, I've tried everything, but I've already crashed at the end of the runway. I jammed the W key and it seemed to be stopping, but not fast enough. The chute doesn't exactly slow it down much.

Maybe I'm approaching too fast. I'll try Fred Flintstone way next.

For me, the chute is MUCH more effective than the wheelbrakes. Are you sure it's deployed?

Erm, seriously, I've tried everything, but I've already crashed at the end of the runway. I jammed the W key and it seemed to be stopping, but not fast enough. The chute doesn't exactly slow it down much.

Maybe I'm approaching too fast. I'll try Fred Flintstone way next.

I assume you're asking about stopping in the -25T. The chute works beautifully to stop you, assuming you don't press the "P" key to deploy it until you are traveling less than 230 km/hr. If you deploy it above that speed, you will blow out the chute and only have the wheel brakes available to stop you. And then, you DO have a problem stopping.

Working on a tutorial now which talks about that along with several other things. Hopefully it'll be ready in a few more days.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

I assume you're asking about stopping in the -25T. The chute works beautifully to stop you, assuming you don't press the "P" key to deploy it until you are traveling less than 230 km/hr. If you deploy it above that speed, you will blow out the chute and only have the wheel brakes available to stop you. And then, you DO have a problem stopping.

Working on a tutorial now which talks about that along with several other things. Hopefully it'll be ready in a few more days.

Rich

230 km/h? It's always worked for me at anything less than 300 km/h (I wait until the airspeed readout goes to "290" to make sure).

230 km/h? It's always worked for me at anything less than 300 km/h (I wait until the airspeed readout goes to "290" to make sure).

Same for me, why are all the people saying stuff like 230 kph or 200kph? when you deploy at 299 the chute will work (unless it's winter, then you'll need to be at 290 or less)

the brakes work at all speeds under 300 kph, just don't press on your stick (will blow your front wheel), but as soon as your wheels have touched down, the brakes will work (no tire blowing), though not as effective as under 130 kph, hence the breaking chute.

If you lost your chute, approach at 240 kph, flare at 220-210, then use wheelbreaks and make sure you use the whole runway.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

I stand corrected. Both you and Force_Feedback are right. I was going by what I had read during the testing process and also my experience the times I tried landing at higher speeds. Evidently I hadn't throttled back far enough the few times I tested and the added jet exhaust is what was blowing the chute.

Thanks for the correction.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Guest ruggbutt
Evidently I hadn't throttled back far enough the few times I tested and the added jet exhaust is what was blowing the chute.

That's awesome!