Strange Graphic problem

I seem to get this strange problem where any terrain in a distance will get these 'lines' (for lack of a better term) that will shift around as my perspective moves:

StrangeLines1.JPG

I have tested this on two completely different systems and have seen the same thing on both:

System1: AMD Athalon 3000+ XP, Asus A7N8X, ATI 9800 Pro AGP, Windows XP Home service pack 2.

System2: AMD Athalon64 3500+ XP, Asus A8N SLI Deluxe, ATI 850XT Platinum Edition PCI-E, Windows XP Home service pack 2.

Both systems were set up as follows with no AA or AF in the device driver (although I do still see it if both are enabled to any degree). Currently using Cat5.3 drivers but have seen it in all previous drivers. The only thing that seems to lower the effect is if I turn off advanced haze in the game config:

LOMAC_setup.jpg

I first saw this with LOMAC version 1.02 but I still see it in the demo of FC 1.1. Cant say for the retail version of FC as I am waiting for the CD to come in the mail ;).

I dont have a viable nVidia card to see if it happens on those.

Anyone know what is causing this?

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

I get this too, though to a lesser extent (I do Have AA and AF enabled, so that may have cured the effects of it a bit). Any ideas as to how this could be further eliminated?

I think this is just a lomag graphics engine "bug"...similar to the way the overcast clouds are rendered; with many visible layer after layers.

KuostASigcopy.png

Well that is a relief. Thought I was going crazy..

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

it was present always with my Ti4200 and my new 9800 pro.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

I have it too plus the black outlines on beaches far away.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all.

It is unfixable bug with cirrus clouds shadows. Sorry.

My apologies for bringing up and old topic.

Thanks Han for the answer. I have seen that and always thought it was my system. Thanks for verifying and clarifying. -KILSEK

• 3 months later...

Hi all and Gazehound.

Han says it has to do with the Cirrus Cloud shadows. So maybe disable shadows and the problem would "disappear". I have the day off so I will be playing here shortly. I'll try different shadow settings, check it out and see what's what.

I have been using advanced haze after I read awhile back that basic haze has an effect over runway lights that advanced haze fixed. -KILSEK