Pre-Purchase "DCS: A-10C Warthog"

Wags

I just hope the downloads does not quit on me :cry: 30Mbit connection here. the first setup file downloading from FTP1 at 524KB/Sec, the other 2 setup file I was only able to get them via HTTP and them are downloading at 45 and the other at 72KB/Sec, ouch ETA 11hrs :huh:

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took me 20min to dl the beta as torrent, i dont understand what you mean with slow, maybe its different in different parts of the world? Right now only half of the speed of my upload is used when it seeds at 6.5Mbyte/s....

I just hope the downloads does not quit on me :cry: 30Mbit connection here. the first setup file downloading from FTP1 at 524KB/Sec, the other 2 setup file I was only able to get them via HTTP and them are downloading at 45 and the other at 72KB/Sec, ouch ETA 11hrs :huh:

might as well retry the mirrors and hope for a better connection

2nd attempt for setup1 went from 40kb/s to 900kb/s for me

Took me 20min to dl the beta as torrent, i dont understand what you mean with slow, maybe its different in different parts of the world? Right now only half of the speed of my upload is used when it seeds at 6.5Mbyte/s....

I'm DL ing at ~50kb atm.:( I'm in Austria with a 30MBit connection.

I don't get the logic behind bittorrent. Some ppl dl with 3MB/s plus and some with 10Kb ....

My DCS movies:

59.99 is a little steep if you ask me.....

Where are you going to get a latest-release game/sim for less?

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

In Canada, ISP's are throttling down torrent users...

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

I'm DL ing at ~50kb atm.:( I'm in Austria with a 30MBit connection.

I don't get the logic behind bittorrent. Some ppl dl with 3MB/s plus and some with 10Kb ....

Right. I'm in France and the bitrate is around 80kbytes/sec. How it is possible to download at 450KB or 3Mbytes / sec is beyond me.

Oh man! Finally we got proper "Area51" access here! I think I'll wake my wife to ask her can I spend 60 bucks on beta (despite my poor financials - I'm making over my own brand new flat). I'm sure she'll understand :D... No, really. I have to pass for a while... but I don't believe it will take more than tomorrow evening :lol:

This must be how it looks like when they open a homeless center to give soup. We are all just starring trough the window, hungry, waiting for our little cup of warm soup. :D

• Like 1

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

might as well retry the mirrors and hope for a better connection

2nd attempt for setup1 went from 40kb/s to 900kb/s for me

Thanks now I can't start the download anymore, when I click on the download links, it pushes me back to the main menu :(. I'll keep trying... I guess the server is stressed out...To many users ;)

Downloading now at 800-900 kB/s using the torrent... ETA 1hr 30 at the moment.

i7 930@ 3.8GHz, Corsair H50-1, Asus P6X58D-E, 6gb Patriot Ram, ATI 5850 1 Gb, Antec 300, F3 1GB HDD, Corsair 24" Dell 2408WFP.

Saitek X52 Pro+Rudder, TrackIR4

Oh and whilst on the subject of torrents:

I have my upload limited at 60KB/s so I can play BF2 Project Reality whilst I wait for the download, will that affect the max speed of my torrent download?

i7 930@ 3.8GHz, Corsair H50-1, Asus P6X58D-E, 6gb Patriot Ram, ATI 5850 1 Gb, Antec 300, F3 1GB HDD, Corsair 24" Dell 2408WFP.

Im amazed from the amount of people complaining about the price.

I mean, how cheap did you expect it to be? $60 is very reasonable price if you ask me.

There are games full of bugs that cost more.

the amount of proper flight sims is very small and im more than happy to support the market. Hell, i'd even pay $70 and be happy about it

downloading now via torrent 200kb/s eta 10 hours :(

bed time for me.. i just have no idea how can i concentrate at work tomorrow knowing what is waiting me at home :)

WOOOOoooooo

------------------------------------------------------

AMD Phenom II x6 1090T 3.2GHz Black edition

8GB DDR3 1333

GeForce GTX580

Windows 7 64bit

------------------------------------------------------

Max bandwidth download is normally around 14-16.5 mb/s

Upload is 1mb/sec

Oh and torrents always start slowly so give it time to connect to all the seeders, you will soon see your download speeds increase to a decent level (provided your firewalls arent blocking your torrent software!)

Suuuper excited for this right now. My internet cannot download fast enough. Great thinking on the Beta, ED, hopefully we can be useful for you! This has to be the most "blind" purchase I have ever made - no question, just go go go! :thumbup:

Hmmm. I can't log in on your FTP servers........

Same thing. This was an issue when I was downloading FC2. (I knew the login info at the time but can't remember it now.)

Can you lend us a hand and make this available, ED? :huh:

Also... I sent NaturalPoint a polite email... maybe if we ALL hassle em they'll work extra hard. Hehe.

Edited by aaron886

60 bucks seems fair to me considering the VRS F/A-18E superhornet for fsx is 50 dollars, and its only an add on

• Like 1

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70