Amazon UK Warthog Shipping

who would ? :D

Nice picture.

I notice you lack the 3 d glasses, tsc tsc tsc /jk.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading up on Home Delivery Network I'm a little worried as to the safety of my TMWH :(

Hopefully it will get here this year, and in one piece!

They got a glass tv stand to my house undamaged, you'll get stories of broken items no matter which courier it is..

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

LOl, you have to be really willing to break the warthog out of package... in package not even a car crash..

The driver would probably die before the warthog is damaged.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

It is true. The box shouldn't say it is fragile, it should say "Warning: The meatbag carrying me is fragile"

[ i7 2600k 4.6GHz :: 16GB Mushkin Blackline LV :: EVGA GTX 1080ti 11GB ]

[ TM Warthog / Saitek Rudder :: Oculus Rift :: Obutto cockpit :: Acer HN274H 27" 120Hz :: 3D Vision Ready ]

Haha I'll be holding you to that Succellus!

Reading multiple reviews of them leaving things thrown over gates in the rain, taking it to the depot without attempting delivery etc!

I agree with Thamuff, the majority of people that post a review will take the time to post it because they've had problems, and the happy customers stay quiet, but the fact that just searching their name in google brings up more negative reviews than general information is a little disconcerting.

Fingers crossed!

476th vFG Alumni

If the warthog is packaged the way i received my cougar box, it can rain a hundred years on it, It can fall from the first floor, i ve already received package on the same foam falling from the plane (unloading throwing down the product and oops) and it lived fine and had touchscreen on it.

So yes i ll bet the warthog is safer in his box, than us inside a car.

Coolts,

Nah I wish I was building a pit.

Just upgrading some elements of my PC so that DCS and A10C can be played as smooth as possible.

I just want a seat now that I can mount my Hog on. Something that wont p*ss off the Chief of Domestic Staff. Thats the real challenge ;)

J.

Rig: Home Built, water cooled,i5 2500K @ 4.3Ghz, ASUS P8P67Pro Mobo, 8GB Patriot Viper 2 Sector 5 RAM, MSI Nvidia GTX970 4GB Gaming OC, 120GB OCZ Vertex 2e SSD Boot, 120GB OCZ Vertex 2e SSD Games (BS & WH), Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB other,

Samsung UE37D5000 37" LED TV,EloTouch 1600x1200 secondary, Thrustmaster Warthog No.467, Thrustmaster MFD, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR4 with Track Clip Pro.

Ex RAF Aircrew, Real Life Pilot, proud Geek and father of one :)

Sorry,

Whoever asked I'm sorry I forgot to say mine came Amazon Expedited. Delivered By Parcel Force. I have had HDNL before and they were awful... Sorry.

As an aside Amazon has always delivered well for me. Though I did recently have a trial of Amazon Prime and that was amazing. Well unless you count waiting 3 weeks for them to get some Kindle 3's in ;)

In that case America was getting them all WAY before the UK and in some cases ordering weeks later and getting them the next day, when Europeans had been waiting 3 - 4 weeks minimum. So in the Hog's case I'm glad were 1st for a change.

You guys should try waiting a month for a cinematic release whilst the rest of the world watch it ;) Which admittedly has changed though only in the last year or so ;)

J

Rig: Home Built, water cooled,i5 2500K @ 4.3Ghz, ASUS P8P67Pro Mobo, 8GB Patriot Viper 2 Sector 5 RAM, MSI Nvidia GTX970 4GB Gaming OC, 120GB OCZ Vertex 2e SSD Boot, 120GB OCZ Vertex 2e SSD Games (BS & WH), Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB other,

Samsung UE37D5000 37" LED TV,EloTouch 1600x1200 secondary, Thrustmaster Warthog No.467, Thrustmaster MFD, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR4 with Track Clip Pro.

Ex RAF Aircrew, Real Life Pilot, proud Geek and father of one :)

Amazon Prime is ridiculous. It's amazing! Free two day on basically everything and $4 overnight per item. When I signed up for it I wasn't ordering that much. Now that I'm a member I order stuff all the time! I don't think I've purchased from a brick and mortar store since signing up.

Glad to hear the new kit is arriving safely; I was originally going to order mine through Flightstore but after a quick call that new stock 'might' be a few weeks away I went with Amazon.

Actually ordered it last Tuesday for delivery today which I guessed was optimistic and an e-mail 3am this morning confirmed my fears 'due to unforseen circumstances my order couldn't be expedited'

So I phoned them up and asked was the possible ETA was and was told ever so sweetly that I had been rescheduled for 28th November and was this ok....?

After making it pretty clear that considering they had already taken the money for the order etc etc, I threatened to cancel and go somewhere else.

"Hold on a minute" she said sweetly as she put me on hold.

Two minutes later ans she's back telling me there 'was a mixup' and that my order was now processed and would be with me 1-2 November and was that ok?

Hehe, wife and kids going to Disney next week, a freezer full of curries, a fridge full of cold cider, A10 and a Warthog HOTAS...."of course that's ok" I said.

Pays to complain...

• Like 1

Sometimes we have to be the ones that kick up a fuss before anything gets sorted which is a shame. Everyone wants to be the nice guy, but it seems like they really do finish last!

Im just hoping mine arrives on time, that in itself sounds like it'll be a feat! Teaches me for ordering with free delivery I guess.

24 hours on and HDNL still have no record of my parcel according to their site...

476th vFG Alumni

Next week I bet, no worries! They'll just simply divert whatever remaining units were supposed to go to the US to you guys so that everyone in Europe/UK/wherever gets them before anyone in the US. At least that's the only explanation I can think of for yet another week delay in the US delivery dates... :doh::joystick:

At least you guys in the US have shops listing them. In Australia, no one has them listed which is why we are paying incredible shipping costs to get them from overseas.

Amazon Prime is ridiculous. It's amazing! Free two day on basically everything and $4 overnight per item. When I signed up for it I wasn't ordering that much. Now that I'm a member I order stuff all the time! I don't think I've purchased from a brick and mortar store since signing up.

Yep, me too. You can share Prime membership as well. Its free to do that. got my Hog free P&P :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

well some good news. my order has been updated! its now aweighting delivery so thats either for it to come to me or it to get to flightstore I am confused :cry:

Out of curiousity, what does it have on your order for the Warthog when you look at your account in flighstore? Mine says Pre-ordered. There is no mention of awaiting delivery.

Edited by mrsparkle1811

he, he. No offence to any one in M'bro!

None taken, I emigrated from Scotland :P

24 hours on and HDNL still have no record of my parcel according to their site...

Mines changed now, saying it's at the depot in Stockton, so fingers crossed the depot doesn't get set on fire this weekend and it should be here on monday :thumbup:

Edit: I may have to buy this driver a pint..

HDNL.jpg

Edited by kam

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

None taken, I emigrated from Scotland :P

Mines changed now, saying it's at the depot in Stockton, so fingers crossed the depot doesn't get set on fire this weekend and it should be here on monday :thumbup:

Edit: I may have to buy this driver a pint..

HDNL.jpg

You will get it today mate! A few tips.

Open the lid and turn upside down and slide inner packaging out. Do the same with the smaller boxes. Prevents packaging getting ripped if you want to sell in 5 yrs

Throttle lights stay on as long as you have USB power. Can’t turn off in TARGET yet as the software is beta

Don’t bother with TARGET yet as above and you don’t need it in any case as the hog works with a-10 out of the box

Switches and buttons have realistic stiffness. Designed for pilots wearing flight gloves. Nice

Don’t forget the idle detent. You don’t want to wreck the throttle on day one by yanking it because you thought it was stuck. Lift, forward and down....

TARGET only works on Win7 x64 if you have your location / keyboard set to US. For now

Reported micro stick sensitivity issues are actually pointing to WIP TGP slew rate bug as its smooth as silk in the TAD and MAV modes so don’t sweat it with curves, etc.

Oh, and did I say IT ABSOLUTELY ROCKS!? :joystick::pilotfly::joystick:

Oh, and mine passed the girlfriend test. She hasn’t noticed the HOTAS changeover. Cougar going in loft today for retirement. I’m hoping I can tame the throttle lights and stop her seeing my shit eating grin, (make sure your kid in sweetshop grin points towards the screen / wall ;)

Edited by coolts

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

Yeah baby just had my first flight with it. OMFG the difference between this and a 10yr old X-45 is... words fail me. I've never had so many rocket and gun kills in a single pass. It's almost like cheating lol

---------------

MSI GD65 Gaming | i7 4770k Haswell @ 4.7ghz, | H110 water cooler | 32Gb ddr3 | Sound Blaster Zx | MSI GTX 1080Ti | 1x 250Gb SSD's + 2x 500Gb SSD |

Acer Predator 34" (3440x1440) | TrackiR 5 + UTC Light | Win 10 Pro 64bit | 2x Thrustmaster MFD's | MFG Crosswinds (ordered) | Thrustmaster Warthog :smartass:

--------------------

Ordered mine at SIMWARE Belgium today. God knows when it will arrive (because of my countries customs),

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

You will get it today mate! A few tips.

Open the lid and turn upside down and slide inner packaging out. Do the same with the smaller boxes. Prevents packaging getting ripped if you want to sell in 5 yrs

Throttle lights stay on as long as you have USB power. Can’t turn off in TARGET yet as the software is beta

Don’t bother with TARGET yet as above and you don’t need it in any case as the hog works with a-10 out of the box

Switches and buttons have realistic stiffness. Designed for pilots wearing flight gloves. Nice

Don’t forget the idle detent. You don’t want to wreck the throttle on day one by yanking it because you thought it was stuck. Lift, forward and down....

TARGET only works on Win7 x64 if you have your location / keyboard set to US. For now

Reported micro stick sensitivity issues are actually pointing to WIP TGP slew rate bug as its smooth as silk in the TAD and MAV modes so don’t sweat it with curves, etc.

Oh, and did I say IT ABSOLUTELY ROCKS!? :joystick::pilotfly::joystick:

Oh, and mine passed the girlfriend test. She hasn’t noticed the HOTAS changeover. Cougar going in loft today for retirement. I’m hoping I can tame the throttle lights and stop her seeing my shit eating grin, (make sure your kid in sweetshop grin points towards the screen / wall ;)

Cheers bud it's here now, all set up and fully functional :D

The HDNL driver was spot on, I saw him get out of the van - RUN around to the back, RUN to my door and he was off on his way within the minute (he wanted an early finish to see Middlesbrough play football...:lol::lol::lol:)

Out of curiousity, what does it have on your order for the Warthog when you look at your account in flighstore? Mine says Pre-ordered. There is no mention of awaiting delivery.

All it says is "Awaiting delivery" so if its not here by monday then ... there is nothing I can do :mad:.....:cry::cry::cry:

Hey chaps, I know it might seem easy to say, but don't fret about the wait - we've all at some point had the same thing, and I know in this particular case that when it does get delivered, all will be forgiven! :wub:

It's going to have to be a bloody amazing follow-up product to get me to part with this and buy a different stick for at least 5 years if not 10, so I know a few more days wouldn't be a deal breaker.

I even thought I'd continue using my X52 Pro for DCS:BS, but I've completely changed my mind on that now and it's going to be relegated to the buddy machine instead.

• Like 1

[ i7 2600k 4.6GHz :: 16GB Mushkin Blackline LV :: EVGA GTX 1080ti 11GB ]

[ TM Warthog / Saitek Rudder :: Oculus Rift :: Obutto cockpit :: Acer HN274H 27" 120Hz :: 3D Vision Ready ]

.....and it's going to be relegated to the buddy machine instead.

Aye - my Nxt Cougar is being relegated to Rig #2 and my 12 year old son who has expressed an interest in learning the Fundamentals of Flight prior to joining the Air Cadets next year.

Either that or Book-Ends gathering dust :joystick:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'