Problem with Warthog Throttle

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TM has asked me to send my Throttle to Montreal for repairs (I'm in Nova Scotia). Overall, I'm very pleased with the quick response and look forward to others having resolution of this issue.

I'm still extremely pleased with the performance and feel of the Warthog and I do not regret my purchase for a minute.

S!

Edited by Toadster
Grammar

How long did it take for you guys till the support answered to an email request?

They'd respond almost exactly 24 hours after I'd send them an email.

Obviously not too bad, but they also don't listen/understand very well so there were some redundant time-consuming emails. All told, it took me about a week to get my problem resolved without having to send in my WH. (thank god!)

(Hasn't bricked yet...*fingers crossed*)

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

Obviously not too bad, but they also don't listen/understand very well so there were some redundant time-consuming emails. All told, it took me about a week to get my problem resolved without having to send in my WH. (thank god!)

Thx for the info, it seems mine is bricked. Wait and see it is. :cry:

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I had the exact opposite experience. They took almost a week to answer my mail, however they did understand exactly what I had asked.

This is kind of a repost, but in case you didn't see my other, to encourage you.. I sent mine off on a tuesday, the next monday was a holiday so I expected nothing for 2 or 3 weeks. I got in on tuesday of the next week and my new throttle was sitting on the porch.. I sent to Canada from Oklahoma. My throttle was probably not even to Canada yet (FexEx Ground) so they had to have shipped my new one the minute I got my return info. New one came from France.. Hope that encourages you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]HP d5000T/Vista SP1/Intel® Core 2 Quad CPU Q9490 @ 2.66 Ghz 3.00 GB Ram/32 bit OS/Nvidia GeForce 9500GT.

Thx for the info, it seems mine is bricked. Wait and see it is. :cry:

I'm just waiting for mine to brick now, expecting it. This kinda sucks.

Let me ask, was there anything you did prior to it bricking, or did you just turn on your computer and the WH didn't wake up with it?

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

To be on the safe side I always unplug my WH before turning off the computer and I only connect it when I need it.

But the paranoia thing isn't too good, no. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

I'm just waiting for mine to brick now, expecting it. This kinda sucks.

Let me ask, was there anything you did prior to it bricking, or did you just turn on your computer and the WH didn't wake up with it?

I changed my SATA configuration from IDE to AHCI and that made a few reboots and meddling inside the PC necessary during the course of which i paid no attention to the throttle. When i was done, the throttle was bricked, so i can't really say what did it. (and before the smartasses chime in: no i didn't short anything ;)).

Come let's eat grandpa!

I changed my SATA configuration from IDE to AHCI and that made a few reboots and meddling inside the PC necessary during the course of which i paid no attention to the throttle. When i was done, the throttle was bricked, so i can't really say what did it. (and before the smartasses chime in: no i didn't short anything ;)).

I expect it was the reboots, the hog seems highly susceptible to the tiniest voltage spike.

What board you using?

Edited by twobells

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rig: W10 PRO 64 bit, Intel 7700K, Asus Maximus IX Code, 32GB G-Skill Ripjaw DDR4, EVGA RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 1TB M.2 970PRO SSD Primary HDD, 4TB Storage, TH Warthog, Oculus Rift, 27" Samsung 4k Display. 2x Wheel Stand Pro v2 (Hotas & Stick) + Warthog Stick Adaptor

I expect it was the reboots, the hog seems highly susceptible to the tiniest voltage spike.

It's not that simple. I had a few occasions where my girlfriend hard-switched on the CRT TV that's on the same phase as my PC power supply and while the Throttle switched it's backlighting off and on, it certainly took it without problems. I also had it connected during all the reboots i did since november 20th, and those were quite a few.

What board you using?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1097131&postcount=14

Come let's eat grandpa!

Do you remember what configuration your switches were set at? (as in did you just leave it as you finished with it in the same state or in different states?)

(yes, CRT TV's can have a fair jolt when kicking in like that... and you understand phase :) )

Edited by Wolf Rider

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

Do you remember what configuration your switches were set at? (as in did you just leave it as you finished with it in the same state or in different states?)

Sorry, i don't.

(yes, CRT TV's can have a fair jolt when kicking in like that... and you understand phase :) )

Yes, i understand phase, i'm a student of electrical/audio engineering ;)

Come let's eat grandpa!

concert/ film lighting & point/ stunt rigging :)

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

Shucks, and I am about to hit the checkout button with a Warthog in the cart :(

Shiiping the thing to where I live is like around $100 alone, cant afford to send it back and forth across the pond everytime it breaks.

Is there any official statement from Guillemot as to why they have had what seems to be quite a high instance of failures?

A bit nervous now.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Christo, you mentioned there were issues, but it looks rather widespread when looking through posts like this?

I will still buy it, but gonna be nervous as hell.

Would like some kind of clarification as to firmware or hardware related, maybe I can avoid a certain serial number range then and save some heartache later.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Yeah, face it, I'm nervous as hell each time I plug mine in. Like I posted elsewhere, I might bring the X65 out of the cupboard till TM gets their ducks in a row here. At least you still have to Cougar to play with as well. I am very very disappointed in the lack of communiques from TM in this regard!!

With the price of ammunition these days do not expect a warning shot.

I would be stunned beyond words if power fluctuations small enough that most things (the computer itself) didn't notice / fry would cause enough of a change on the USB line to pop a Warthog.

If a PC's power supply and motherboard setup to feed the USB were as simple as a stepdown transformer and a rectifier, I could maybe buy that argument. With multiple step voltage conversion/regulation...I think it's bordering on impossible.

I truly do want to know what the answer ends up being. I really don't think it has anything to do with:

1: Position of switches / axes on the throttle when plugging in / powering on (Aside from the combo they've programmed in as a 'reset' which is something you'd have to do very deliberately)

2: Mains voltage fluctuation (that said, I run my computer from a UPS...)

3: Brand of motherboard (unless Asus got a large shipment of bad vregs in)

"Tank! I need a program for a TM Warthog!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Thermaltake V9 SECC case | Corsair RM750 PSU | Asus ROG Ranger VIII | Intel i7 6700K | 16GB 3000mhz RAM |

EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW | TrackIR 4 w/ pro clip | TM HOTAS Warthog | TM MFD Cougar Pack | Win 10 x64 |

I just don't have the time and the grey matter anymore to program the cougar for DCS A10 and no profiles going of any worth that I can find.

Thats why the warthog appeals to me so much, plug and play baby, just dont pop a circuit board or something LOL.

Perhaps a small suggestion.

Would it not be constructive to have a poll here for the Warthog owners on the site.

Reading this entire thread there seems to be no real idea of the extent of the problem. SOme say small number some say large.

Well I suppose this forum is a good enough sample of any flight sim community.

Have a poll and lets see what percentage of owners are running trouble free, throttle wise that is.

Good idea. Why not add such a thread youself? Eventhough you may not own one (yet) there's nothing holding you back from posting such a thread. ;)

On the other hand, there's already the 'mobo thread' stickied at the top of this page...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”