Problem with Warthog Throttle

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's interesting

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

But I also have to note - that they've attached the serial number plate to the least-integral, easily-swapped part on the thing ... so it's possible (but unlikely) that the only thing you have that I've ever touched is the baseplate. :/

There's also a serial number on the tag that's attached to cord.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Have there been any throttles in Australia go belly up?

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

I have one that has not gone bad.... but I didn't install the target software on the included CD ( I got it around Dec 20th ).... I downloaded the new target and installed that.

would you guys recommend installing the new flash? or just see what happens?

Home built i5 quadcore. dual ATI 4850 in xfire mode. 16GB ram Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Rudder, TrackIR 5, TM MFD's, windows 7 64 ultimate.. 40" primary screen, 19" secondary

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have one that has not gone bad.... but I didn't install the target software on the included CD ( I got it around Dec 20th ).... I downloaded the new target and installed that.

would you guys recommend installing the new flash? or just see what happens?

TARGET *shouldn't* make any difference ... but I'd certainly reccomend updating to the latest firmware. I doubt the firmware alone is the issue, but it could certainly be a part of it.

Have there been any throttles in Australia go belly up?

Yes, one reported.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

I just got my WH today, wish me luck!

So unplugging the USB cables while shutting down / powering on the PC does not prevent possible throttle failure?

The answear is no for hard bricking it doesn t work.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

Good call on the MOBO, i had already suggested that, but from what have been sayd, its not related. So far the MOBO reported are Intel lga 775, I5, I7 compliant.

No amd, most of them I5 and some I7.

Edited by Succellus

Well Asus is a bright star. so far only 1 other brand (Giga)

But is it because it sells a lot, would it be their fault or a component used in boards ? or again a faulty WT ?

lesson #1 with a newly released throttle and joystick: wait AWHILE, read forums, see if it is worth the $$$.

I would use that advice for anything brand new, always wait a bit and see what happens.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Second Warthog just bricked, no lights, not even 'usb device not recognised'.

Asus P6 mobo, latest firmware (installed as soon as I got replacement throttle)

Seems that TM have admitted there is a problem with Asus motherboards.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rig: W10 PRO 64 bit, Intel 7700K, Asus Maximus IX Code, 32GB G-Skill Ripjaw DDR4, EVGA RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 1TB M.2 970PRO SSD Primary HDD, 4TB Storage, TH Warthog, Oculus Rift, 27" Samsung 4k Display. 2x Wheel Stand Pro v2 (Hotas & Stick) + Warthog Stick Adaptor

%&$%%&, where ? or is it your feeling only ?

%&$%%&, where ? or is it your feeling only ?

Fact, just spoke to TM support, they have narrowed in the issue to Asus mobo's.

While there is the occasional non-Asus motherbord failure the majority by far use the same USB chipset as used on Asus boards.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rig: W10 PRO 64 bit, Intel 7700K, Asus Maximus IX Code, 32GB G-Skill Ripjaw DDR4, EVGA RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 1TB M.2 970PRO SSD Primary HDD, 4TB Storage, TH Warthog, Oculus Rift, 27" Samsung 4k Display. 2x Wheel Stand Pro v2 (Hotas & Stick) + Warthog Stick Adaptor

Very interesting, so there finally is some progress! My WH is still unused since purchase until I am confident it is either fixed via firmware or confirmed 'luck of the draw'. Lets hope they fix the firmware to cope with ASUS' chipset..!

My primary machine is an iMac i7 running an XP partition and my throttle bricked so it's not just ASUS causing the problem. My secondary machine has an ASUS MoBo but I only tested my throttle on it after it failed.....

System specs; i7 9700k 32GB RAM 2x1TB SSD Drives (1 DCS Dedicated) MSI Z390 MB. MSI GeForce RTX 3070. 4KTV monitor. Reverb G2 VR.Stock TM HOTAS. (Tm WartHog) Throttle. VBK MCG.

My primary machine is an iMac i7 running an XP partition and my throttle bricked so it's not just ASUS causing the problem. My secondary machine has an ASUS MoBo but I only tested my throttle on it after it failed.....

Hmm, catastrophic design flaw anyone?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If the betas don t have flaws, (at least they don t report it) i would say bad components used on assempling... as it has been suggested.

Ziggy , which Mobo you got, Imac is just the OS...

I flew Warthogs from May through November on an Asus P5B Deluxe...and it was on that motherboard that I did the stress test attempting to force my preproduction unit to fail after some of the earlier reports of failures came out.

Not counting the stress testing, the WH was plugged into a monitor the majority of the time, with power being applied and removed several times a day (cycling the monitor). Also spent a few weeks plugged into a motherboard USB port.

Yes, plugging into the monitor most of the time does weaken the argument against it being the motherboard...but as I said there were weeks of regular use plugged into the motherboard, AND a pretty hardcore few days of testing with all kinds of unplugging, plugging, rebooting, power on/off etc. trying to get it to fail. I was taking notes on everything I did so that if I suddenly had it brick on me I'd have an "activity log" I could submit to TM. No luck.

I've never had the stick itself plugged into anything but the MB, but again...that's not terribly significant since the throttle is by far the more likely failure, when it's happened.

Just a data point.

Edited by Teej

"Tank! I need a program for a TM Warthog!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Thermaltake V9 SECC case | Corsair RM750 PSU | Asus ROG Ranger VIII | Intel i7 6700K | 16GB 3000mhz RAM |

EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW | TrackIR 4 w/ pro clip | TM HOTAS Warthog | TM MFD Cougar Pack | Win 10 x64 |