Centremounting Warthog

If you've Centremounted your Warthog, or did it with a Cougar (i never owned one but they're the same connection??)...any tips for length of extension tube, getting tube with correct thread etc?

Seen a few pics with Cougars done, but no specs on extension tube

cheers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I made a short (4-5 inch) extension for my Cougar, and from what I've read the Warthog does use the same connection. M36 x 2 threads. The electrical connection is 5pin mini DIN but I modded a PS2 plug to work.

It's been recommended not to go too much longer than that with the Cougar to avoid the risk of damaging the gimbals, but since the Warthog uses a different gimbal system I can't give you any advice about that.

You're sitting on your Hog?

Abit IN9 32x MAX- Kentsfield QX6700 @3520

1.5 vcore watercooled D-Tek Fuzion/PA-160/MCR120/2x MCP655

2x2GB G-Skill 1066 5-5-5-15 2T@1.9vdimm

2x EVGA 580GTX 1.5GB SLI

2x 74GB Sata Raptor Raid0

2x 320GB Hitachi Sata II

X-FI Elite Pro

Dell U3011

Lian Li V2100B

Corsair HX1000

What about the 15 degree rotation, somebody has tryed yet ?

How? by software or with an extension ?

THX!

My TM Warthog DIY extension tutorial

C2Duo E8600 @ 4.4Ghz. | Asus Rampage Formula X48 | MSI GTX 560Ti OC |

8Gb.Corsair DDR2 RAM @ 1103Mhz. | Crucial M4 128Gb. SSD | 850W. PSU |

HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pedals | TIR 5 | Helios | 24" Monitor/22" Touchscreen

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Although it doesn't seem too practical (usually) to push the stick to the limits, there was some talk as to how the square-shaped insert when rotated might cause some strange play when rotated 15 degrees (because it would then also be rotated to a lop-sided diamond shape).. I think I'd need to try it to really see if it was something that would bother me though, the plane likes to flip over if you push it too hard, and I'd not likely hit those extents in the shark either.

[ i7 2600k 4.6GHz :: 16GB Mushkin Blackline LV :: EVGA GTX 1080ti 11GB ]

[ TM Warthog / Saitek Rudder :: Oculus Rift :: Obutto cockpit :: Acer HN274H 27" 120Hz :: 3D Vision Ready ]

This is the real stick and grip for the A-10A same stick basically for the A-10 c just a different connector between the stick and grip so it could be modified for the Warthog.:thumbup:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310273312858&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

Although it doesn't seem too practical (usually) to push the stick to the limits, there was some talk as to how the square-shaped insert when rotated might cause some strange play when rotated 15 degrees (because it would then also be rotated to a lop-sided diamond shape).. I think I'd need to try it to really see if it was something that would bother me though, the plane likes to flip over if you push it too hard, and I'd not likely hit those extents in the shark either.

Is it possible to rotate the square insert too ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AFAIK no and thats the problem when you raotate via "harware" and not software.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

I think it depend of what your asking. Plugging the A10A stick doesn tseem it will work.

And pluging arm the mount to hols warthog mount doesn t seem too easy will nedd some dismount, metal work and rewire. I think there is easyer options.

But if you hae a full pit what an oportunity!!!

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

Ok, thanks all !

I gonna do a little extension 1,5 or 2 inches, think that this seems to be the best solution (or rotate the actual mini din...)

Cheers!

Edited by Ninefingers
add text

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]