Spitfire LF Mk. IX

UH-1H, Gazelle

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C-2 Greyhound Arrested Landing

Action starts @ 00:53

Windows 10 | i7-8700K@5GHz | 2080 Ti | Intel Z370 Chipset | 32GB RAM@1866 MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w. FSSB R3 Mod | Saitek Switch Panel + Radio Panel + Multi Panel + FIP + Flightpanels Software | MFG_Crosswind | TrackIR5 | TM Cougar MFD Pack | Obutto R3volution | 1 x LG38 | GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

• 4 months later...

B-52

rOLLk1cppNg

A3xpNa9LgHs

GOR8WFAW1nE

rOLLk1cppNg

WWII Bomber

F_-dHAksHOk

I'm not sure why I seek these and waste hours watching them. My wife thinks I'm weird. lol

Edited by leafer

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

I really wanted to keep this pure in-cockpit video and audio but they are pretty hard to come by. So here's a brief but interesting look at close formation training. The radio chatter adds some color to it as well.

Wgok8PDV9Fc

Good find, marcos, love over-the-shoulder view. Btw, I usually hate music dubbed over in-cockpit videos but I've found myself liking that song. First time hearing it, too.

I still prefer the jet engine whine and avionics hum but thanks!

I guess you can also post your own videos in this thread? :joystick:

After all, it is in-cockpit, real, and I did post it! :D

Flying the Yak54 during my holiday in Russia. In this first part of the flight the instructor was showing how to fly maneuvers which I copied after.

(note: first 3 min are takeoff & climb)

Don't forget some chewing gum next time...You looked like::surprise::surprise::surprise:

LOL!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think that flying so low intentionally and talking about it earned this guy some grounding...

I always wonder about that every time I see low level flying by mil pilots. I'm pretty sure it's prohibited.

I always wonder about that every time I see low level flying by mil pilots. I'm pretty sure it's prohibited.

Here in Norway there's a 200ft AGL hard deck. Combine that with the very fact that Norway isn't flat, you'll often have imagery that seems way lower than it actually is.

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

Anyone know why British Hawk/tornado/Harrier all have those wavy lines along the top of the canopy? Is it to aid orientation or something?

If my memory serves me correctly, they are parachute cords, that tighten when the pilot pulls the ejection handle. The tension smashes the canopy completely allowing the pilot to eject safely.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

First to Fight, First to Strike.

Slovenian Army Bell 412 low over Kosovo

the guy on the left seat is now my collegue in ATC

Edited by Thor77

http://dcsskins.wordpress.com/

Your place for custom created DCS World skins.

Intel i5-9600K|Asus Z390F Strix|32GB RAM|ASUS GTX1080Ti Strix

24" Samsung P2470HD|TIR4pro|Oculus Rift CV1|Trustmaster HOTAS Warthog|CH Pro pedals|Logitech Performance MX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If my memory serves me correctly, they are parachute cords, that tighten when the pilot pulls the ejection handle. The tension smashes the canopy completely allowing the pilot to eject safely.

No, they are detonation cord, commonly called "det cord." It is a line of formed plastic explosives that will shatter the canopy.

Awesome video Buncsi, thank you!

• Like 1

No, they are detonation cord, commonly called "det cord." It is a line of formed plastic explosives that will shatter the canopy.

Yep, every time I look at it on a harrier I think back to a story one of the engineers told me at Waddington about how a Harrier struck a bird, shattering the canopy and leaving the det cord hanging around the pilots neck! I imagine that was a long old flight back to base.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]